Join Today
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts

The BIG (Potentially) P2 Remap thread (No Crap!)

As requested and to save this keep being repeated over and over again, a potential as it grows Big P2 Remap thread.

This isn't to turn into a bitch fest, let keep religion out of this and so on please!

Format for the thread in an attempt to keep it on track:

This is for maps on P2 cars, if it proves popular then we can look at other models if there is call for it.
    Please only share your personal experiences with particular maps. (This includes good and bad but please keep it on point).
    Please include as much detail about the car used as possible.
    Please feel free to ask questions, those answering questions please don't do so based on hearsay, personal/direct experience to drive answers only please

Sorry for the seriousness, hopefully though this can become a wonderful resource.
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

claymore (Monday 8th September 2014),expolicev70t5 (Tuesday 9th September 2014),Harvey (Monday 8th September 2014),jamesy12345 (Tuesday 9th September 2014),silverhorse (Tuesday 9th September 2014),smithy (Sunday 28th September 2014)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    i'll kick off

ive had 3 s60r and 1 v70r p2.

BSR map, I did not like as it caused jerking and problems I never got to the bottom of before getting rid of the car, almost like a faulty BCS, which I bought from volvo and then also tried an ipd item and still had problems, performance was improved but the jerking drove me mad.

Mte stage 2 with full ferrita sytem, 337 bhp, much improved over standard and problems I had was over boost upto 25 psi and held a steady 19 psi.

I used high octane fuel.

ARD usa do upgrade turbo internals, billet wheels etc capable (there figures) of upto 400-425 bhp.

forge do an actuator £165 ish and recirc valve.

a pattern copy recirc can be bought cheaply on ebay as vxr k04 turbos use the same one, usually they come with 2 springs, for standard and tuned engines and pressures.

KLracing produce a good intercooler and boost hose kit, £250-300 a good investment as the original intercooler can crack around the outlets for the secondary cooler, or burst.

Poly bushing the engine mounts upper and lower and strutbrace mount on top of the engine, is a good improvement especially on the auto but causes some vibration especially idling.

Subframe inserts made a massive difference to driving feel of the car.

Standard pads and discs with braided lines are very good, plenty for everyday use.

Change your brake fluid especially on a manual as it can lead to premature clutch slave cylinder wear, not a cheap fix at all.

Standard clutches are good up to 375-400.

Replace the vac lines as they tend to split, with silicon, especially the ones under the inlet manifold back to the maf to turbo inlet with the one way valves.

Changed the fuel filter and refurbed the injectors.

All / most of the k24 exhaust and turbo exhaust housings crack but I have had no issue with this, as they are cast and prone to it.

replace all 4 gearbox oils, is a good tip and after 05 angle gear is meant to be 300% stronger, oh the on demand coupling has an oil filter in it, exhaust removal may be necessary to replace it. But definitely service these items as all can wear and be damaged through poor maintenance.

I shimmed my v70r engine after it split with no issue since.

I have a jetex exhaust, which I am very happy with and they are the same as BSR.

oh a must is a good code reader or vida on a laptop, as is a good boost gauge such as ipd (matches the clocks).

Replacement Monroe shocks have fallen in price recently and are available much less than Volvo quote, LINK HERE SOMEONE PLEASE as I can't remember where they are available from.

As a side note

GWE makes exhaust for these.
    Dream3r produces maps.
    MRP refurbs injectors.

ill leave it to these guys to add there bit to the thread (I have just incase they don't).
    Last edited by Ettienne; Monday 8th September 2014 at 21:59.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ettienne For This Useful Post:

claymore (Monday 8th September 2014),Dream3r (Monday 8th September 2014),jdavis (Sunday 28th September 2014)

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    i'll kick off

ive had 3 s60r and 1 v70r p2.

BSR map, I did not like as it caused jerking and problems I never got to the bottom of before getting rid of the car, almost like a faulty BCS, which I bought a new one from volvo and then also tried an ipd item and still had problems, performance was improved but the jerking drove me mad.

Mte stage 2 with full ferrita sytem, 337 bhp, much improved over standard and problems I had was over boost upto 25 psi and held a steady 19 psi.

I used high octane fuel.

Poly bushing the engine mounts upper and lower and strutbrace mount on top of the engine, is a good improvement especially on the auto but causes some vibration especially idling.

Subframe inserts made a massive difference to driving feel of the car.

Standard pads and discs with braided lines are very good, plenty for everyday use.

Replace the vac lines as they tend to split, with silicon.

Changed the fuel filter and refurbed the injectors.

All / most of the k24 exhaust and turbo exhaust housings crack but I have had no issue with this, as they are cast and prone to it.

replace all 4 gearbox oils, is a good tip and after 05 angle gear is meant to be 300% stronger, oh the on demand coupling has an oil filter in it, exhaust removal may be necessary to replace it.

I shimmed my v70r engine after it split with no issue since.

I have a jetex exhaust, which I am very happy with and they are the same as BSR.

oh a must is a good code reader or vida on a laptop.
    Thanks for kicking off Stephen, that was quite detailed.
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

Ettienne (Monday 8th September 2014)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Can't be arsed to go into the above kind of detail lol.
    So...
    Final generation of the 2.3 T5 engine, clean injectors, 3" maf to turbo, ipd tcv, tweaked wastegate, 4mm silicone vac lines, V70R exhaust, poly engine mounts, 210k miles at its last dyno and made 279bhp.

This is with an autotech map from HLM. The car pulls beautifully with a hint if lag below 2k rpm, but you'll expect that from a T5. The power builds with a gentle press on the pedal and kicks you in the arse when you stamp on it. No flat spots, no detonation and great fun.

The car now has a gwe 3" downpipe with a 200cell cat and goes much faster.

I won't go into the value of upgrading things like suspension and brakes to match the added power, as that should be a no-brainer.
    Last edited by M-R-P; Monday 8th September 2014 at 23:20. Reason: Stoopid autocorrect
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Mte stage 2 no exhaust upgrades, very smooth but you can see boost spikes of 1.6 BAR under certain WOT, I wonder if the exhaust will change this?
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks
    Something I find useful on another forum is the index type sticky threads which link to other helpful threads in one post.

On the R the best bang for buck is probably, stage zero, remap, new brakes and ipd arbs.

Stage zero:

Injectors cleaned or replaced
    Shimmed (imo)
    Vac pipes changed
    TCV changed, OE
    Plugs, OE
    Brake fluid
    Fuel filter
    Check engine mounts and driveshaft bolts.
    Volvo code read.
    Air filter
    Oil and filter

I know it's a big list but in my mind required.

Then new exhaust system and intercooler to get another 30 bhp or so.

Intercoolers the 45mm klracing one does the trick and is 300 pounds or so. If you're after something special Tim Williams does a really nice one with a Motorsports core for 850 pounds.

Other things to be done are:

Polybush wishbones (pfv)
    Stainless brake lines
    Poly engine mounts
    Strut brace washer mod

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    custom dreamer map here and hardware to take the k24 to the max...
    i see a lot of you have spikes whereas i can say iv never had one. it holds a strong 22 psi
    drivabilty feels better than std and more a pleasure
    the silly high revs on startup are gone
    not quite sure what my rev limit is set at now but it seems to just keep going into the red

mods:
    3" decat downpipe and catback
    3.25 do88 intake pipe
    pipercross filter
    do88 ote pipe going to custom fat tube n fin fm intercooler then do88 to throttle
    vxr injectors
    roose motorsport aux hoses-everthings fresh

next on the list is a wavetrac diff then once the car is fully show specd go bigger turbo...

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Custom Dreamer map here, the map pulls smoothly, mine holds at 20psi, rev limiter raised to 7250rpm, no more higher revs at startup.

Mods:
    3" cat back exhaust
    Polished and ported head
    Shimmed block
    pipercross airfilter
    vxr injectors
    aem water/meth injection
    AP racing clutch
    Single mass flywheel

Planned mods before getting the map tweaked
    3" GWE downpipe
    KL racing intercooler
    3" Intake to turbo pipe

Handling mods to help put the power down
    BC coilovers
    Polybushed wishbones front and rear bushes on the front control arms
    Uprated drop links
    Polybushed Engine mounts

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    BSR remap. Stage 2 with Custom exhaust (CAT back).
    Aggressive but pulls hard. No spikes. Holds 21psi at over 4k. Below that 16psi.

In the beginning:

Stage '0'
    Serviced as per maintenance schedule with genuine parts only!
    New Bevel/Angle gear
    New prop shaft
    New OE Monroe 4C shocks inc SUM upgrade
    New OE Brembo Discs and pads
    New OE Brembo calipers
    New LuK 'Arduous conditions' Clutch/DMF/slave
    Terra cleaned 2012/2013
    New Fuel pressure sensor - 2013
    New tailgate wiring harness
    Latest software
    New KKK24 Turbo Dec' 2013
    Angle, diff, AOC + filters, Gearbox oils replaced 2014
    PCV system replaced - 2014
    new oe BPS (Boost pressure sensor) - 2014
    new oe TCV - 2014
    new oe MAF - 2014
    Only use Shell V-power or Tesco Momentum (both 99RON)
    All vac hoses replaced with 6mm ID fuel pipe.

Mods: (cosmetic/aesthetic not listed)

Volvo Aluminum belly protector plate (with gearbox and engine cooling ducts)
    IPD 'R' Boost gauge
    Custom made SS 2.75" cat back exhaust/OE look trim
    Elevate Air Management System
    Elevate Blue performance cotton air filter (dry)
    Powerflex engine top mount (yellow square)
    OE uprated transmission torque rod bush
    Forge Motorsports Aluminium Compressor bypass valve - c/w 10psi spring
    ATE super blue dot 5.1
    IPD (anodized blue) strut brace brackets
    Tim Williams FMIC
    Powerflex w/bone bushes
    Powerflex rear inner rear lower arm bushes (Black series)
    Powerflex rear toe control arm bushes (purple)
    Powerflex rear upper link-Y arm front void kit (purple)
    Powerflex rear outer rear lower arm bushes (purple)
    Poly sub frame inserts
    Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 235/40ZR18 XL- summer (35psi)
    Vredestein Wintrac extreme 235/40ZR 18 XL - winter (35psi)
    Eibach 5mm spacers front/rear

Planned:

200 cell race cat
    3" custom exhaust + larger tips
    MTE remap
    Re leather and customise steering wheel
    New leather OE gear knob.
    Volvotech CFE.
    140k service at Dealer (for full software update)
    New IPD R Gauge (mine is -2 psi out)

For full list of all mods, see my garage.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Wednesday 17th September 2014 at 18:37.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Did you switch the boost comments around mate or does it hold 21psi to the redline?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    Did you switch the boost comments around mate or does it hold 21psi to the redline?
    I don't redline and if I do I'm looking at the road, not the gauge!
    However, to answer the question, when ever I have floored it in lower gears to high revs it always seems to be at 21psi (when I glance at the gauge)
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    I don't think it will hold 21 psi to the red line, maybe 5k. Anyhow, it doesn't matter

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    I don't think it will hold 21 psi to the red line, maybe 5k. Anyhow, it doesn't matter
    I hear what your saying, but I never actually said it holds 21psi at 6k!
    The most i've ever taken my engine to is 5500 and in 1st and 2nd that's not for very long at all. Both times at that rpm the gauge is sitting at 21 psi (which is really 23 psi allowing for my sheite gauge)
    I know what the gauge is 'actually' reading because I've tested it with my Mityvac.
    By the time I change to 3rd I'm going too fast to look at the gauge...80mph + (or is that 80 Km/h ?)
    ...Anyway, 3rd hits about 18 - 20 psi, 4th 16 - 17 psi and after that I'm in license loosing territory.

Remember, with an awd car your more likely to get accurate boost readings because the wheels are all under control and not wildly spinning or losing traction, which will inevitably cause boost spikes on the gauge.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Keeping on topic I found this link on ipd, dreamer is able to remove the limiter on 1st and 2nd on my (much much better) tf80sc box. I think the late autos were tarred with the same brush as the earlier auto boxes.

Although nosh ran his auto 450 bhp ish for 50k miles without problem and a total on the box of 115k before problems.

Ipd have also seen the results and just doing this (there numbers) reduce 0-60 1.3 seconds.

Additional Technical Information
    Special notes for S60R and V70R owners
    We have a few options for R owners to consider. Torque limiting on S60R and V70R Geartonic models. (auto trans) 2004-05 S60R and V70R models with Geartronic automatic transmissions are torque limited to 250lbs/ft of torque in 1st and 2nd gear. This severely reduces the standing start performance and results in a 0-60 time that is almost two seconds slower than the manual transmission version. Two seconds may not sound like much, but at 60 mph it’s over eight car lengths. Our standard ECU upgrade for these models retains the torque limiting, so 0-60 performance is essentially stock, as our upgrades to the software for this model do not take effect until the car shifts into 3rd gear. At the urging of customers, we developed a non-torque limited version that provides full power in all gears. While testing the non restricted version, we recorded a 5.4 0-60 time, which is an improvement of 1.3 seconds. Huge. What’s the risk? Our Swedish partners at MTE that developed the upgrade have customers who have been aggressively running the this version for over 24 months without any problems, however, we don’t want to imply that it’s risk free. Therefore we require that you sign and return a simple waiver (indicating that you understand the potential risks) before we will install this software. Understand that a car manufacturer has to consider all the possible uses and abuses its products may be subject to and that is why there is torque limiting. It prevents overheating of the drivetrain under extreme conditions such as max GVW towing over mountain passes in the heat of summer, etc

There is some debate if the tf80sc box is limited in 1st and 2nd i have the boost gauge fitted now so I'll see if there is any variation.

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/7756/...bo-models-1999

If mine is restricted I'll be lifting it off.

This user has no status

Thanks
    The later cars are 1000000% limited, but you only see the limit when they're mapped. Running factory boost, they don't hit the max load required to hit the torque cap. Mapped, they do. FWIW I'm referring to 2003-2007 R's.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    I see, so you can unlimit 1st and 2nd the aw55/51 gearboxes 2003-2005 and get a useful improvement on 0-60.

However they can also map them to make further improvements.

The 2005-2007 tf80sc boxes are not limited in standard form enough to show up, however it shows up when mapped, which can removed.

So mapped with or without limiter and standard makes no real difference.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Correct!

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Ok, so I also believe that MTE can remove the limiter from 1st and 2nd on the aw55/51 boxes and quite possibly others such as rica.

But currently only dreamer has worked out the removal of the limiter on the later cars.

It is worth noting that the polestar with launch control uses the tf80sc box wth 0-60 of 4.7 seconds, so in my mind they must be a bit durable, I've not seen anything saying they have unrated the internals.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Here is a link to extremely good his guides for v70r / s60r

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...p-Repair-Index

It's all heading then broken down into sub headings, it really covers a lot.

Including tuning, turbos, intercoolers, map comparisons, worth a look through even to achieve a good stage zero.
    Last edited by Ettienne; Sunday 28th September 2014 at 23:55.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ettienne For This Useful Post:

dtp (Sunday 28th September 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Speaking generally, if a tuner can't do 05+ cars, but can do the earlier cars then they only know one part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    Ok, so I also believe that MTE can remove the limiter from 1st and 2nd on the aw55/51 boxes and quite possibly others such as rica.

But currently only dreamer has worked out the removal of the limiter on the later cars.

It is worth noting that the polestar with launch control uses the tf80sc box wth 0-60 of 4.7 seconds, so in my mind they must be a bit durable, I've not seen anything saying they have unrated the internals.

Thread Information