Join Today
    Always something to do!!
    Thanks

Drilled discs and front roll bar.

I know I'm liable to get flamed for this but here goes, got an advisory for slightly worped front discs on the mot so I need to replace them. I've always liked the "look" of drilled discs and I know the Mtec ones from EBay have had mixed reviews on here, they now do a drilled and grooved version that looks cool. My concern is that they may be noisy, has anybody had these discs that can give some feedback?

My other question is the bushes on my front anti roll bar look passed their best and I know there bonded to the bar, if I get a second hand bar with good bushes and the right diameter are they all the same shape? I've seen one on EBay 21mm from a 2.0 V70 will this fit?

Thanks in advance
    Steve

98 V70 R 2wd auto, RICA 310, strut brace, ITG filter. Soon to come out of mothball.
    99 BMW Z3, owned from new, 30k miles, Garage Queen.
    2005 Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6, Current project.

Overall VPCUK car of the year
    Thanks
    i dunno about the discs but if you can get another rollbar i'd change the rubber mounts while you've got access to them as they are pain, you should be able to reach and read with a tape measure to find the thickness of yours, partsforvolvo list mine as 21mm and a pair of poly bushes that will fit for £10

3. The Following User Says Thank You to craigoodwood For This Useful Post:

Quicksilver (Monday 8th September 2014)

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    I currently run MTec grooved'n'dimpled disc's on the olive T-5R and there is noticeable noise increase but you need to drive like an idiot to pronounce it, ran them in on the silverstone international circuit(trax2012) 2 years ago and a re-visit a year later, fantastic both times and I've also had them glowing bright red on local charges with no issues, great value for the money, but do get noisier with useage, if money is tight then these are a great stop gap/ budget disc, but if money is no object standard parts or better would be preferable, just my thoughts, as in my view braking is the last thought required whilst driving, as a good driver should rarely need to touch their brakes

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MoleT-5R For This Useful Post:

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Ive also had mtech which have been fine the last ones I had were drilled and grooved and were all fine this time ive just gone for grooved

7. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

1999 C70 2.4T - Work In
    Progress !
    Thanks
    Hello Quick, just had drilled and grooved fitted to the front of my C70 and so far they are a touch noiser but not anything that is noticeable unless you are really trying to hear it.
    I have always added grooved or drilled in various combos and as a rule I do find they make noise but at the end of the day I don't mind the noise as long as they work effectively !!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkvader666 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information