Join Today
    Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks

Question H.I.D Kits High Beam/Low Beam

I've been thinking, or more confusing ones self with the thought of HID kits. I'm thinking of getting those cheapex ones off ebay for the T5 but something has me baffled.....

I'd need 2 x single beam kits, one for low beam and one for high beam. Thing is, if they are just single beam kits, how does the dipped beam point down because there is no element in the HID bulbs so in theory the high beam and low beam would shine in exactly the same way, unless the low beam has mirrors to deflect it or the bulb is angled toward the road.

Just need some clarification here because it's bugging me now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    the lens of the headlight will dictate where the beam shines

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigChuck For This Useful Post:

JamesT5 (Tuesday 9th September 2014)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    One H7 bulb for dipped, one HB3 bulb for high beam. The dipped beam has a metal collar surrounding the tip of the bulb (mounted inside the reflector). The dipped reflector and the cover glass are shaped to project a set pattern at a set distance.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

JamesT5 (Tuesday 9th September 2014),p fandango (Tuesday 9th September 2014)

Owner of a SupeRioR
    Thanks
    The angle of the reflectors in the headlight determine the beam pattern, on the R models the reflector unit actually moves so on full beam not only do the spot lights illuminate but the reflectors angle up to give you extra light through the headlights as well.
    Doing my bit for the environment by driving a 'Green' car!

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Smashing thanks guys.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey R View Post
    The angle of the reflectors in the headlight determine the beam pattern, on the R models the reflector unit actually moves so on full beam not only do the spot lights illuminate but the reflectors angle up to give you extra light through the headlights as well.
    That's why it's called 'Bi-Xenon'. One Xenon reflector unit that provides two different beems. Very effective and super bright!!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    That's why it's called 'Bi-Xenon'. One Xenon reflector unit that provides two different beems. Very effective and super bright!!
    Yes I know, I had adaptive HID lighting on my Skoda Superb (that I had from new in 2008).

Thread Information