Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks

S60 R remap info

hi all I want a remap iv got a 3 inch cat back exhaust with a evolve induction kit on and soon to have ipd tvc on
    iv spoken to bsr they can do one that add 50 bhp for £450 for me anyone have diffent ideas I want a good one for power
    iv got info on a company called severnvalley im going to ring tomorrow if you have anyone eles I could ring can you post there number and names cheers
    S60 R Rule the Roads

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I can offer you MTE's well received Swedish written software for your car for £395 including VAT. That will give you enhanced outputs of 335bhp with 480nm of torque.

You do not need to travel as you install it all yourself using MTE's unique Softloader device as an interface between your car's OBD port and an XP equipped laptop. The first read-out that you take is sent to MTE and from that they assemble a bespoke set of calibrations for your particular car that you flash into the car.

I loan that Softloader interface against a fully returnable deposit of £155.

If you visit http://www.ipdusa.com/products/4669/...ent-flash-tune which is the site of MTE's North American distributor you will find some informative videos on the 'Softloader' system.

Whilst on the subject of IPD..... their expensive aftermarket TCV is no better in any respect whatsoever than a standard Volvo/Pierberg one in good order.

Regards, Don.
    Last edited by don kalmar union; Sunday 7th September 2014 at 22:52.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I have a Dream3r map from Dream3r on T5D5 on my T5 and it certainly changed the car the benefit to his map is it uses data from his logging software on a run out of your car to tweak the map to fit how your car performs as there are differences between cars. He has mapped his own R and is currently changing the turbo and writting his own map for that on his R. it might be worth dropping him a pm on T5D5

The reason I went with Dream3r was because I didnt just want a off the shelf map for my car as a bit of work had been done with the head being polished and ported and the block being shimmed plus a few other things so I wanted a map that used these upgrades to the best effect.

In the end I whittled it down to 2 choices which was a shark custom map which I had heard good things or the Dream3r map, there were a few others but those were the most prominent for my needs. It all depends on what you have done to your car and its application.

I would also read up about S60R issues such as split liners as the engine is a bored out 2.3l to 2.5l the liners are quite thin and have a tendency to split, this isn't true for all S60R's as I know some that run fine with no issues but it is a known weakness to the block which can be rectified by having the liners shimmed.

Also when it comes to maps i'd take quoted figures with a pinch of salt as I said earlier all cars have slight differences and wear and tear the figures are usually quoted on newer cars with very few miles on the engine and in favorable conditions, from what I've seen the BSR map makes mid 330's at best.

Dons map above is considered pretty good from what I read but I didn't research into it as I discounted off the shelf maps early in my research process.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ExternalError For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Monday 8th September 2014)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Would it be possible to make a sticky for a tuning thread as it comes up a lot, then we can just paste a link or newbies can see at the top of the p2 threads.

This user has no status

Thanks
    ok cheers I cant make my mind up im not sure a mate of mine had bsr on his and it left mine all the time he had the same air filter and exhaust too just had that bsr softwear on it it was rappid http://www.bsr-tuning.co.uk/products/t406/ but don one iv check up on http://www.ipdusa.com/products/4669/...ent-flash-tune Im not sure but I can only go on what my mate car went like with bsr on it
    S60 R Rule the Roads

looking to get MTE Map
    Thanks
    There were a number of threads on the various forums slating the BSR map, one member even videoed running over the soft loader, my money would be on MTE or a Dream3r map as Ive heard good reports on both, and I gather the power delivery is much smoother on these maps than the BSR.
    But as with all things its down to personal taste.
    Ex Police V70 T5 SE now scrapped.
    Daily driver V60 D3 R-design

2004 C70 2.4T GT, modifications front strut brace, 19" Peg reps with white lettered tires.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to expolicev70t5 For This Useful Post:

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    drea3r map here too! potentially offers the best map for the 2.4t5 or R imo
    fantastic service from john too! he'll do you a custom otr map, or for whatever reason you cant see him- tell him what your intenstions, mods etc, send him your ecu- which hell offer you a removal tool and itll be back with you on next day!
    and all for £275!
    no brainer tbh

http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/24935-p...shed-via-obd2/
    Last edited by T5RatherAmusin; Monday 8th September 2014 at 11:15.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T5RatherAmusin For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Monday 8th September 2014),expolicev70t5 (Monday 8th September 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Ive got a drea3r map aswell. certainly go's well.
    Ive had a problem with the car completely unrelated to the map and he helped me diagnose it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dave_mito For This Useful Post:

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    I've yet to see a mapped s60r make more than 320bhp

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    I've yet to see a mapped s60r make more than 320bhp
    I'll dig out Dyno graph, mine made 337 with map and full system.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ettienne For This Useful Post:

merc85 (Monday 8th September 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks guys, I'll use my right to reply by saying that my prices have recently gone up to £320 for stage 1 and £340 for stage 2, they will stay at this price now. I will be able to offer member discounts in the future (hopefully) but I am currently awaiting trader status so can't at present.

This user has no status

Thanks
    What can u do for me with evolve induction kit and cat back exhaust how much and what gain plus what boost will I try at
    S60 R Rule the Roads

This user has no status

Thanks
    Iv decided on bsr cause I don't want to mess with any more mods than what iv done plus a remap plus I now on a mate r it went really well with the bsr so iv order that thanks all
    S60 R Rule the Roads

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Sounds like you were decided on the BSR before you asked the question???!!! I don't understand why you ask for advice and then ignore it all.

FWIW BSR maps are utter garbage. It's all just in your face, half throttle full boost, tyre shredding bilge! It won't compare to a well written map from the likes of MTE, Shark, Dream3r, etc..

If you don't know any better, then all you can do is try different products or take the advice of people who have experience of pretty much everything over many years of playing around with these cars.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

don kalmar union (Monday 8th September 2014),expolicev70t5 (Tuesday 9th September 2014),Harvey (Monday 8th September 2014),T5RatherAmusin (Monday 8th September 2014),Yosser (Monday 8th September 2014)

Gizza job!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by loopyr View Post
    iv decided on bsr cause i don't want to listen to any advice that iv been given. Fo shizzle.
    efa

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yosser For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Monday 8th September 2014),S70T5Chris (Monday 8th September 2014),T5RatherAmusin (Monday 8th September 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well said Chris, looks like the OP will find out the long way, like a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    Sounds like you were decided on the BSR before you asked the question???!!! I don't understand why you ask for advice and then ignore it all.

FWIW BSR maps are utter garbage. It's all just in your face, half throttle full boost, tyre shredding bilge! It won't compare to a well written map from the likes of MTE, Shark, Dream3r, etc..

If you don't know any better, then all you can do is try different products or take the advice of people who have experience of pretty much everything over many years of playing around with these cars.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    Would it be possible to make a sticky for a tuning thread as it comes up a lot, then we can just paste a link or newbies can see at the top of the p2 threads.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    Seconded!
    Perhaps someone could write a piece then open it in a thread for other to look over and correct.
    I think we could all bring some useful information with our experiences (James t5, please, please, please bring silence).

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ettienne For This Useful Post:

S70T5Chris (Monday 8th September 2014),Sharkey R (Monday 8th September 2014),stribo (Monday 8th September 2014)

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    Perhaps someone could write a piece then open it in a thread for other to look over and correct.
    I think we could all bring some useful information with our experiences (James t5, please, please, please bring silence).
    what you looking for an optional shopping list??

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I could post my shopping list up if you want it keeps growing and going to shems to have work done on the car doesnt help as he shows you things you hadnt even considered that are a great addition so on the list they go.

Back on topic in all honesty its the car owners decision who he goes with at the end of the day and we have all had to make it and its either great and there are no issues or we have to face facts and get over it. I hope it works out for you and you are happy with the final result.
    Last edited by ExternalError; Monday 8th September 2014 at 19:24.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ExternalError For This Useful Post:

loopyr (Monday 8th September 2014)

Thread Information