Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts

Very good glass enhancer

I love cleaning and detailing my cars and have even done a few for other people now threw word of mouth. I enjoy adding products to my collection and recently thought I'd invest in some CarPro Products.

My car is 11 years old now and the front windscreen has the usual wear and tear marks which I can live with. However some of the marks have been inflicted by the wiper blades over the years. No matter how much I cleaned the glass and tried some heavy duty polishes, the marks wouldn't come out. It was suggested to me to to try the CarPro CeriGlass polish kit.

The kit comes with the polish, applicator pads and microfiber cloth. By hand the results are said to be very good, but using a da polisher would be easier and quicker, so I also ordered up some 5" glass polishing pads to go onto my da polisher.

The marks don't really show up well in the photos, but they are marks left by I presume the rubber blades with dirt in them continually marking the same area.

After going over the area 5 or 6 attempts the marks got less and less until the marks had completely gone. Total time spent 20 minutes. For the money I highly recommend this product. The glass looks crystal clear again as I also went over the whole windscreen and was amazed how much more clarity there is.

I've also invested in this

CarPro CqUK. Again a product recommended to me. It's basically a clear sealant that you put on the paint, that when cured is as tough as a diamond and lasts up to 2 years. I've seen a car with this applied and watched as water just runs off the paintwork. It repels just about anything your car has thrown at it on a day to day basis. Because it's a coating it vastly reduces swirl marks which as we know is a nightmare especially on darker cars. Will use it on my car, but mainly got it for our new black golf. The paint needs to be compounded, polished then all oils removed before applying, so it's a two day job in total, so this is a job for February, when I've got a week off and can do without the car. I'll keep you updated with the results.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MIKESC70T5 For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Wednesday 4th March 2015),M-R-P (Wednesday 7th January 2015),Rnash2002 (Thursday 5th March 2015),silverhorse (Friday 13th March 2015)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Nice one Mike.
    The windscreen on the Sweed is the original and has 214700 miles worth of fine chips and wiper sweep marks, making it almost dangerous to drive into low sunshine. I've looked at some of the glass polishes and always been a bit suspicious.

If that kit you used is cheaper than 75 quid, I'm interested

(75 quid is the insurance excess I'll have to pay after I put a hammer through the windscreen for the sake of a replacement )
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

WOODY T5 (Wednesday 7th January 2015)

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Looks a good product, did you notice any improvement on fine scratches/small chips (if you had any) ?

If you don't mind me asking how much was the kit and where did you source it ?

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    Looks a good product, did you notice any improvement on fine scratches/small chips (if you had any) ?

If you don't mind me asking how much was the kit and where did you source it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    That's the stuff, £11.95 but I also used a glass cutting pad on my da instead of by hand as it would take ages to do. I have a couple of deep chips which wouldn't come out, but I wasn't expecting them too. Fine scratches came out a treat. It's a great product and very cheap in my opinion. I hardly used any of the polish too.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    I will give this a go mike as the guy has its original screen and ide like to keep it that way.
    Thanks for the heads up

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    I will give this a go mike as the guy has its original screen and ide like to keep it that way.
    Thanks for the heads up
    Your spelling is getting worse mate

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up
    same with my P2 I will try it too
    Thanks
    Martyn

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Thanks for posting this Mike, I've been wondering if there is anything like this out there............and now I know :-)
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

MIKESC70T5 (Wednesday 7th January 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    This is interesting to know, I take it that you've got no distortion areas on the screen as a result of using this method as I know alot of people shy away from polishing glass for that reason?

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamest5r View Post
    Your spelling is getting worse mate
    #€@¥×£÷€÷€&×€×€=÷£×€÷$€÷€×€×£÷£÷ new phone my old one kinda learned how bad my spelling was and interpretated it for me this new one needs some time

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    This is interesting to know, I take it that you've got no distortion areas on the screen as a result of using this method as I know alot of people shy away from polishing glass for that reason?
    Looks fine to me. I used this pad and went over the area 5 or 6 times, speed setting 5 on the da polisher. Some people suggest wetting the glass to keep it cool, but I just took my time and moved the da around a lot

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/images..._pad_large.jpg

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MIKESC70T5 For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Thursday 8th January 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    same with my P2 I will try it too
    There's stuff in the garage that we use on the caravans !!
    Its probably just as well you didn't know it was there otherwise it would have been in your garage instead.

Nice M3 Mike as usual

This user has no status

Thanks
    Carpro make some cracking products and one of the main reasons I became a Carpro Approved Detailer for the north east.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    So has anyone used this on a P2 V70 screen yet? I might give it a go at some point as my screen is really really bad and at this time of year in Scotland when the sun is low in the sky it's bloody difficult to see where I'm going!

Tried a similar product on my 166 a few years ago, but didn't have a DA back then, so was using a crappy cordless drill. It didn't work. At all.
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    I'm just gonna go for the new windscreen in May.

Love your baldy head Mike and combover!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NECC View Post
    Carpro make some cracking products and one of the main reasons I became a Carpro Approved Detailer for the north east.
    Half my family come from Hartlepool. Sister lives in Bruce Crescent, but they pulled the pub down on the corner !!

Thread Information