Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    The problem is you have a new key, but the transponder isn't programmed to the car, so won't disable the immobiliser.

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts
    But I had the key off kg along with a barrel.
    I didn't have to change anything else.
    missing being Swedish

Previously:
    03 S40 Sport Lux 1.9d SOLD
    1998 MTE Stage 2 V70 T5 Manual SOLD
    1998 V70R AWD Manual BROKEN

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    But I had the key off kg along with a barrel.
    I didn't have to change anything else.
    is your ecu mapped?
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts
    It wasn't on my R that I changed it on no.
    missing being Swedish

Previously:
    03 S40 Sport Lux 1.9d SOLD
    1998 MTE Stage 2 V70 T5 Manual SOLD
    1998 V70R AWD Manual BROKEN

This user has no status

Thanks
    My 1997 V70 was the same it won`t start if you haven`t got the correct programmed chip in the key.......

If you buy another key with the barrel you need the immobiliser box up under the dash that goes with it as they are programmed.

It has nothing to do with the map or re-map as i had the HLM304 fitted and it performed the same ....no start!

You will have to do as first suggested go to the dealer with your log book and get a new key from them otherwise faf about and get the complete items to start the car...the key the barrel and the immob unit..........nothing to do with the ECU at all. only when you get to later V70`s and also all X40 models you need the ECU as well.

Good Luck

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    My 1997 V70 was the same it won`t start if you haven`t got the correct programmed chip in the key.......

If you buy another key with the barrel you need the immobiliser box up under the dash that goes with it as they are programmed.

It has nothing to do with the map or re-map as i had the HLM304 fitted and it performed the same ....no start!

You will have to do as first suggested go to the dealer with your log book and get a new key from them otherwise faf about and get the complete items to start the car...the key the barrel and the immob unit..........nothing to do with the ECU at all. only when you get to later V70`s and also all X40 models you need the ECU as well.

Good Luck
    That's funny, because my engine won't start with the original ecu now that I've done away with all the ignition and immobilizer, but starts fine with any mapped ecu. Obviously there must be a lot of difference between a 96 850 and a 97 V70.
    Last edited by claymore; Saturday 1st November 2014 at 10:34.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    That's funny, because my engine won't start with the original ecu now that I've done away with all the ignition and immobilizer, but starts fine with any mapped ecu. Obviously there must be a lot of difference between a 96 850 and a 97 V70.
    The 96 850 T5 has the same immob. module as the 97 V70 and has the same part number 9441323 but if you note in the text in the pic. Volvo clear themselves by saying
    "the variant of ECM" as you know the 850 is Motronic 4.3 and the V70 4.4 and that is the difference why the V70 won`t start...although not exactly the same as the 850 the early V70 is sort of halfway in progress between the 850 and later V70 where the immob. is to do also with the ECM and has to be included in a swop over but the early V70 doesn`t......also don`t forget the ign. switch is different as it "spins" with a screwdriver type start and the 850 doesn`t...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information