Join Today
    bored of thinking!!

Thanks

last ditch atempt, can anyone lend me the use of an obd2 remap please

hey right, i know i havnt been on in a while, mainly due to the fact im rapidly falling out with my car in a massive way! i have already spend hundreds just trying to sort this one problem and never mind the rest for all the other problems. And i still have hundreds of £'s worth to go yet!

now we all know the story of the jerking problem when the throttle closes and i have just noticed a slight jerk when it first opens aswell.

ive been up to t5pete's and we've changed all manner of parts over and nothing other than his standard obd1 t5R ecu had a slight jerk aswell. now as it turns outthe rica 304 i have is from an obd1 car which ran fine. so me and pete recon it might be the compatabilaty as mine is an obd2.

anyways been up to readveiw in accrington as my 9th last ditch atempt last week and they could find nothing wrong with my car!!

so has anyone got an obd2 remap they could lend me for a quick test for a standard 855 t5 rica, mte ect.. so i can finnally figure out if its my car or the map i own?

if the map isnt the problem im selling up, tbh this car has really put off volvo's ive never had so many problems and had to spend so much on a car and ive restored some heaps before.

i will get another though as the community for volvo's is the best. Ive never met such a bunch of freindly, helpful guys and gals before, and thats enough for me to have another go eather with mine or another

anyway as usual cheers in advance

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Can't help with an ecu, but, in trying to get the engine running on the project car I swapped the crankshaft sensor off the T-5R, so the T-5R now has the sensor off the project engine, and now, every now and again it stutters, which it never did before, so it looks like I have a problem with the crank sensor. Just a thought
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

bored of thinking!!

Thanks
    ummmm intresting, maybe mine and pete's theory might be right that there are slight diffrences with obd1 and 2.

cheers pal

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Yep there is certainly nothing wrong with your car mechanically and I don't recon I know it will be the ecu both mapped and standards obd1 ecus in your car causes the blip on the throttle put a standard 96 ecu in and problem gone the last thing on the list to do is as I said get a mapped 96 ecu which should 100% confirm the problem.
    Im sure some one on here has one sat on a shelf that they can post you even if you have to pay a refundable deposit on it.

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Imingham has mapped one off a 96/7 850 auto that I got off Dazza, perhaps give him a pm?
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

bored of thinking!!

Thanks
    alright pal, ya thats what im thinking if someone has one they are willing to lend for a repayable deposit its got to be the last thing to try.

the guy at read veiw looked ill after about half an hour of looking at it lol.
    ill give them there due they gave me just over 2 hours labour and a top intercooler pipe ( to get rid of that bladdy DV)
    for £20 now that ant bad and i recomend anyone to give them a try. Really freindly, clued up and helpful

bored of thinking!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Imingham has mapped one off a 96/7 850 auto that I got off Dazza, perhaps give him a pm?
    ahh right nice one pal, i need to get some bits of him anyway. ill go pester the daft sod

cheers

Overall VPCUK car of the year
    Thanks
    if its any help (i doubt it but maybe)....
    i too have a jerking on and off the throttle regardless of my standard or map'd ecu, although not quite the same as you describe, my thoughts were engine mounts as its like the engine lurches on and off throttle anyway ive replaced and stiffened the engine and box to where its 'almost' horribley solid, and this made it more pronounced so i went threw all suspension bushes and joints with still no obvious culprit... i have however now located the cause of the jerk to... the backlash of the diff

This user has no status
    Thanks
    might this be worth a try?
    http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=83897

sorry just read full thread might not
    1995 854 t5r

bored of thinking!!

Thanks
    ya i thought mounts until i realised it doesnt do it with the standard ecu only the map. although i put it on the ramp at work the other week and it does need drop links, anti roll bar bushes and the lower tie bar mount lol.

ive done that marty already a few times and nothing on eather ecu. the only time i doesnt jerk other than the standard ecu is if u unplug the throttle position sensor, but this doesnt allow full boost and i recon it starts over compensating because it cant read the throttle.

immi just got in touch and says he has an auto ecu in his 850R so im going to nip down and try it sometime

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by no1tosh View Post
    hey right, i know i havnt been on in a while, mainly due to the fact im rapidly falling out with my car in a massive way! i have already spend hundreds just trying to sort this one problem and never mind the rest for all the other problems. And i still have hundreds of £'s worth to go yet!

now we all know the story of the jerking problem when the throttle closes and i have just noticed a slight jerk when it first opens aswell.

ive been up to t5pete's and we've changed all manner of parts over and nothing other than his standard obd1 t5R ecu had a slight jerk aswell. now as it turns outthe rica 304 i have is from an obd1 car which ran fine. so me and pete recon it might be the compatabilaty as mine is an obd2.

anyways been up to readveiw in accrington as my 9th last ditch atempt last week and they could find nothing wrong with my car!!

so has anyone got an obd2 remap they could lend me for a quick test for a standard 855 t5 rica, mte ect.. so i can finnally figure out if its my car or the map i own?

if the map isnt the problem im selling up, tbh this car has really put off volvo's ive never had so many problems and had to spend so much on a car and ive restored some heaps before.

i will get another though as the community for volvo's is the best. Ive never met such a bunch of freindly, helpful guys and gals before, and thats enough for me to have another go eather with mine or another

anyway as usual cheers in advance
    I get blasted silly on here for that.

Good luck dodging the Trolls but on a personal note I hope you manage to get your problem fixed, nothing more annoying than a problem that just drags on.

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    I get blasted silly on here for that.

Good luck dodging the Trolls but on a personal note I hope you manage to get your problem fixed, nothing more annoying than a problem that just drags on.

..............LOL...

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

bored of thinking!!

Thanks
    haha cheers guv, im not gonna have a go at someone having a winge, its needed sometimes,belive me i could write a few pages about my recent thoughts on my car hahaha

Thread Information