Join Today

Threaded View

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks

Thumbs up Bonny's D.I.M Lighting - nice simple job.....

There were some blown bulbs on the D.I.M on the S60 and although not exactly a critical job it's just one of those cheap little niggles that I decided to take care of.

Firstly, the funny part! I went to the Main Stealer and manage to have the entire parts department scratching their heads because not even VIDA properly explained what bulbs I needed, it was very vague given there are 3 different colour codes, blue, grey and black. They are all a different wattage and it wasn't clear how many of each bulb type were needed.

So with that, I went home and whipped out the D.I.M before taking it back to the Main Stealer and literally handing it to the Parts guy and saying, "There we are, should make things a bit easier now". After a consultation with one of the workshop Technicians they managed to work out what they were supposed to order. I'd already decided to change every light bulb in the D.I.M given that where one is going then the others are usually not far behind, so ordered every bulb in the D.I.M.

They ordered me a job lot of bulbs and today I got around to changing them, it all works brilliantly now and all one uniform brightness. I believe they call this 're-lamping' and it's a good bit of preventative maintenance as well.

Incidentally, for some reason the 'blue' colour coded bulbs come as just the bulb itself, you have to take the old bulb out of the holder and then slot the new one in. The grey and black ones come with new holders. Don't ask me why this is because not even the Main Stealer knew!

Pictures.....

Old bulbs in place before removal, showing positions of bulbs

Old bulbs removed including those from the 'blue' holders

New bulbs from Volvo (13 in total)

These fit in the 'blue' holders

D.I.M now refitted with new bulbs. Job done!

Last edited by JamesT5; Friday 22nd August 2014 at 19:51. Reason: Typo

Thread Information