Join Today
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    stews runnining 1.2 bar?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yes 1.1-1.2 from the logs, remember he's got a modified head. Ported and polished iirc.

I made that map to try and retain the factory torque curve (esp being FWD) and as such that was the boost I decided on after a lot of mapping and logging.

You can get a lump more of torque midrange but the K24 won't hold it anywhere near the redline, you end up with turbo diesel mode.
    Last edited by Dream3r; Tuesday 3rd February 2015 at 16:49.

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    well thats some going on low boost!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to T5RatherAmusin For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Tuesday 24th February 2015)

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    what bar are you running then? But yeah my head is ported and polished.
    Last edited by ExternalError; Tuesday 3rd February 2015 at 17:20.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Don't get held up on boost figures too much, airflow is what counts, assuming you can fuel for it.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Don't worry i'm not, must be interesting to map as it moves more air at less boost.

I'm very happy with the map it pulls really smoothly, I don't have the flat spots and surges I was having before and by the look of how deformed my old IC was that was probably due to high AIT's.

Just need to get the dif fitted and then enjoy it for a year. In the mean time decide where I actually want to go with it and decide between picking up a second k24 and having it machined with a hybrid ard wheel or go for a new turbo option.
    Last edited by ExternalError; Tuesday 3rd February 2015 at 17:41.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'll have to compare it, but yeah it responds quite different.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    So time for another update I had the gripper diff fitted this weekend and my initial review is its exactly what I had hoped, the wheel spinning in 1st and 2nd is sorted now it spins a little in 1st but once 1 wheel gets grip it just pulls and pulls, I love taking corners keeping the power on it just pulls it round and really hugs the corner and snaps straight on the exit feels really nice and under control. Took a bit of getting used to keeping the power full on in the bend and been dragged round the corner rather than fight with the traction control for power. The downsides and it really is minor and I'm only mentioning it to give a balanced review there's a little clicking type noise at full lock and a bit of movement feed back at full lock through the steering wheel and it sound as if my flywheel rattles a bit more when pressing the loud peddle from cruising at low revs in 5th and 6th but this could be just the same smf flywheel noise that was always there but as I was listening out for it I could hear it more.

I'll put 2 pics up of the gearbox opened up and the diff fitted later once my phone recharge. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs on the strip.

So next thing to look out for are an IPD rear anti roll bar, Rear strut brace, replace the PCV, D5 oil cooler, Powergasket intake gasket. After that its either start to look for a bigger turbo and injectors and fuel pump as I'm now at the top end of the k24 or settle for what i have and enjoy it the car currently is a dream to drive and is definatley the most powerful and best handling car i've driven
    Last edited by ExternalError; Tuesday 24th February 2015 at 00:08.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ExternalError For This Useful Post:

claymore (Tuesday 24th February 2015),Dream3r (Tuesday 24th February 2015),Harvey (Tuesday 24th February 2015),Jamest5r (Tuesday 24th February 2015),Nealevo (Tuesday 24th February 2015),V70 Graham (Tuesday 24th February 2015),Wobbly Dave (Tuesday 24th February 2015)

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Glad your happy with the diff, and that you are enjoying your car.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Nice review Stewart, look forward to the pic's and ride in the car soon

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Glad youre happy with it mate, I'm going to need something similar for the C70.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ExternalError View Post
    So time for another update I had the gripper diff fitted this weekend and my initial review is its exactly what I had hoped, the wheel spinning in 1st and 2nd is sorted now it spins a little in 1st but once 1 wheel gets grip it just pulls and pulls, I love taking corners keeping the power on it just pulls it round and really hugs the corner and snaps straight on the exit feels really nice and under control. Took a bit of getting used to keeping the power full on in the bend and been dragged round the corner rather than fight with the traction control for power. The downsides and it really is minor and I'm only mentioning it to give a balanced review there's a little clicking type noise at full lock and a bit of movement feed back at full lock through the steering wheel and it sound as if my flywheel rattles a bit more when pressing the loud peddle from cruising at low revs in 5th and 6th but this could be just the same smf flywheel noise that was always there but as I was listening out for it I could hear it more.

I'll put 2 pics up of the gearbox opened up and the diff fitted later once my phone recharge. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs on the strip.

So next thing to look out for are an IPD rear anti roll bar, Rear strut brace, replace the PCV, D5 oil cooler, Powergasket intake gasket. After that its either start to look for a bigger turbo and injectors and fuel pump as I'm now at the top end of the k24 or settle for what i have and enjoy it the car currently is a dream to drive and is definatley the most powerful and best handling car i've driven

Unless you're chasing figures then the K24 is a good turbo, if you haven't got the IPD ARB then it's a brilliant upgrade but does come with it's downsides, the bushes need maintained/greases regularly. I'm going to do mine on it's annual service after learning the hard way.

There isn't much point in changing the injectors with the stock K24 imo.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    Unless you're chasing figures then the K24 is a good turbo, if you haven't got the IPD ARB then it's a brilliant upgrade but does come with it's downsides, the bushes need maintained/greases regularly. I'm going to do mine on it's annual service after learning the hard way.

There isn't much point in changing the injectors with the stock K24 imo.
    I was on about having to change the injectors if I decide to go for a bigger turbo, thanks for your comments on the ARB I shall have to remember to grease them regulary

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ExternalError For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Tuesday 24th February 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cool!

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I should like to drive it one day to get an idea of the difference between the gripper and the quaiffe.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    I should like to drive it one day to get an idea of the difference between the gripper and the quaiffe.
    Id be happy to let you have a little play next meet, I wont be able to attend the 1st of march meet however as i'll be watching the rugby so maybe either the VT westlake meet or shakie at the end of march

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Shaky end of March -as I don't have a car as of yet.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Nice work stewart, enjoy :-)

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Just a bump as there will be an update at the end of this month, gearbox change to a more newer revision box due to me burning the synchro out between 1st and 2nd and some more boost.

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExternalError View Post
    Just a bump as there will be an update at the end of this month, gearbox change to a more newer revision box due to me burning the synchro out between 1st and 2nd and some more boost.
    how do you burn a synchro ?? or is that tech for smashing it ??....

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

Thread Information