Join Today
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    That colour with them wheels! actually been eyeing them wheels up for mine too, but mine being pre face lift im not sure theyd suit as well.

Theyll be getting done the same colour anyway, along with the mirror caps! On a silver car.

how much did all the clutch and flywheels setup set you back? im going to look into clutch upgrades at some point. 137k with no record of it being changed in the past....
    In all around £1,100 fitted with a clutch slave cylinder as well it was a little pricey but and I could have gone for a cheaper option but I wanted to future proof the clutch for future power increases but still keep the standard feel of the oem clutch, from reviews this came the closest to my needs. When I was pricing up other alternatives I think the best I got was £800 fitted but that would have been with a paddle clutch which I did not want as i use my car as a daily in stop start trafic so didnt want an on/off clutch action. So i bit the bullet and invested a little more to get my desired outcome. I intend to keep this car for some years to come so it is worth the investment.

Also you cant see in the pics but the inside of the rims are purple, which is a nce contrast but a bugger to keep clean so most of the time you cant see the purple.
    Last edited by ExternalError; Wednesday 20th August 2014 at 10:09.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Great thread mate, shame it took you so long.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Is that you sticking it into a garage? How much lighter was the flywheel, and is it noticably revvier after fitting?

Id be fitting myself when the time comes, like you im not keen on runing a paddle clutch, more to keep some comfort than anything, ran them in the past on a couple of of cars and dont want the same feel out of the volvo!

That sounds quite smart with the wheels like, theres an ex plod T6 on ebay at the minute with wheels that have a black face but white insides......... and everyone whos ever ran white wheels know how hard they are to keep clean!

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    Is that you sticking it into a garage? How much lighter was the flywheel, and is it noticably revvier after fitting?

Id be fitting myself when the time comes, like you im not keen on runing a paddle clutch, more to keep some comfort than anything, ran them in the past on a couple of of cars and dont want the same feel out of the volvo!

That sounds quite smart with the wheels like, theres an ex plod T6 on ebay at the minute with wheels that have a black face but white insides......... and everyone whos ever ran white wheels know how hard they are to keep clean!
    thats fitted at a garage.

its about 4.5kg lighter but the clutch is about 2.5kg lighter also so in total its about 7kg but the main thing is that its a single mass flywheel so is now fit and forget, I havent had it fitted yet as its been done on tuesday next week I will update this thread once its done
    Last edited by ExternalError; Wednesday 20th August 2014 at 13:26.

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Stewart I've just noticed that your new clutch has no springs to damp the take up and with no dual mass flywheel the is no damping of the take up as you release the clutch, I concerned this will reduce the service life of your transmission components. Wobbly bought a similar clutch plate then realized this problem and changed his for a sprung plate before fitting. Just something to think about if your going for a fit and forget option.

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MoleT-5R View Post
    Stewart I've just noticed that your new clutch has no springs to damp the take up and with no dual mass flywheel the is no damping of the take up as you release the clutch, I concerned this will reduce the service life of your transmission components. Wobbly bought a similar clutch plate then realized this problem and changed his for a sprung plate before fitting. Just something to think about if your going for a fit and forget option.
    I did mention that in another thread, but apparently it'll be ok.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for the warning Ade I did notice this myself and did more resarch and asked a few questions about the setup. From what ive read having a unsprung clutch and single mass flywheel will increase vibration but it shouldnt have a adverse effect overall but I may be worng, from my research alot of modified BMW M3 use a similar setup. I'm no expert and will admit that but there are a few people on t5d5 that have been using this set up for a while now with no adverse effects so far.

From my understanding the sprung clutch reduces the vibration at idle and reduces clutch engagement noise which most people prefer over having a performance clutch. If balanced correctly with a suitable weight Single Mass fly wheel the vibration difference should be negligable. From what Ive read and been told the clucth and flywheel bundle I purchased has been matched specifically to provide an almost oem result in terms of feel but with an uprated clucth performance.

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Good to know that you've covered it in detail,just hope it gives the longevity your hoping for, I've just spent ages dragging through Wobbly's build thread to find where he made this discovery and what he wrote about, didn't find it though.....lol

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i really like the look of that s60 great job havent seen one that colour i think
    1995 854 t5r

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Neither had i the best part is theres a slight pearlesence to the paint so depending on the light it sometimes looks black and others green

This user has no status

Thanks
    Nice car
    I've seen those set of 4 VXR injectors on ebay but can't find the single ones. Where did you get yours?

V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I got mine from ebay i kindly asked someone selling the ones on teh railif they would sell just 1 on its own and they agreed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ExternalError For This Useful Post:

Ric@rdo (Friday 22nd August 2014)

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Well fitted the new front coilovers today which are the ones causing me issue I'll do the backs in the week once the clutch has been done. All went well with the passenger side nuts were torqued but not cracked on to much, nothing a little bit of fat bar steward power and off they came I couldn't move the drivers side how ever they were cracked on tight so out came the 7' scaffold pole a quarter turn and off they came. The whole job was done in 4 hours which I admit wasn't quick considering the work that needed doing was only 3 bolts on the bottom and 3 nuts on the top but being a novice I'm pretty proud of my self.

Took it to be 4 wheel aligned for the time being then will take it back once it settles in. I look at switching the backs in the week but the BC rear coilovers are different type to the old AST ones as the spring on the rear of the new ones isnt attached to the coilover so i'm in new territory there but as it stands the rears are ok as they are took it out for a little spin after getting it aligned and I am really happy with how it feels bumps in the road no longer knock teeth out but I still have almost the same ride height I had. but without scraping on the corners.

Must say Volvo really like their socket sets I think it was 7 different sized sockets/spanners used why cant they just be consistant I get the 2 different sizes so you you can counter turn them with 2 ratchets and not have to have 2 sockets the same size but 7 different one is taking the biscuit.

I had the grinder and chemical metal ready but I can safely say I didnt need to use it.
    Last edited by ExternalError; Saturday 23rd August 2014 at 17:07.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ExternalError For This Useful Post:

MoleT-5R (Saturday 23rd August 2014)

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    you forget something...

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    what pics no pics were taken because of rain and my phone being on charge at the time ill post some after pics

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Well clutch and flywheel fitted today i only have 1 pic as my phone died but shem took a few so ill grab them off him 1st thoughts are good no slip grips hard and spools up fast only downside is a bit of chatter when cruising and feathering the throttle in 4th but at highet revs it goes at the moment i'm very pleased but ill run it in 1st before i give my final review

This user has no status

Thanks
    What a colour this car is. Can't remember seeing it before on an S60.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Well think it's time I updated this after owning the car 10 months back in Feb it made 274 bhp today it made a whopping 342 bhp it's good when all the things you do to a car come to fruition I was hoping for 320+ so I'm over the moon with what it made today

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    About time you put a project thread up mate, and as already said, the pictures can not convey the fantastic colour,
    Ain't this the truth, it's really a very nice colour, which changes in the light to almost black

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Don't be modest mate, it was actually 342.5bhp lol

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Thread Information