Join Today
    This week waiting for my new
    toy has been so long!! Roll on
    monday!

Thanks

Turbo underboost and cat below efficiency

Hi Guys, need your help.

I had the engine management light come on when I was driving between Portsmouth and Home 300 miles. the car was on cruise at 100 mph at the time.

I just paid my mech to read the codes and I got:

p029900 - Turbo Underboost
    P042000 - Catalyst system below efficiency

Apart from the words turbo and cat, they might as well be in Latin so any help in what might be the problem guys?

I know that it says what car I have but to make it easier for you it is a 2010 spec (actually 09 but police got spec year up) v70 t6

Thanks,

Phill

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Might be worth having a look at the BPS (boost pressure sensor) as it'll give dodgy readings when it fails or gets dirty.

Other than that, the best thing to do first of all is to get it's codes read with the proper Volvo diagnostics as there's very little known about these cars and their faults on the forums yet.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This week waiting for my new
    toy has been so long!! Roll on
    monday!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Might be worth having a look at the BPS (boost pressure sensor) as it'll give dodgy readings when it fails or gets dirty.

Other than that, the best thing to do first of all is to get it's codes read with the proper Volvo diagnostics as there's very little known about these cars and their faults on the forums yet.
    thanks for your reply. where ids the bps? I had a Google but a load of rubbish came up. I had the codes cleared too so I wont be able too until they come back up.

Thread Information