Join Today

Thread: Project tdi...

Threaded View

Yes I will be behind you but
    thats for the benefit of your
    health.
    Thanks

Project tdi...

Well I think it about time I start a little project thread for the smokey one as I've had it a while, and as most know, I have already changed a few things.

The list so far:

Engine - Decat, egr removal, mbc, custom ecu with my own tune, modified turbo (wastegate porting mainly). Running well but I have had to turn the power down until I get a better clutch and beefier pressure plate!

Exterior - Only a set of comets so far and a good polish, but I have an R front bumper and a spoiler to go on. Will also put a tc splitter on it.

Brakes - 302 mm fronts (Ate power discs with mintex 1144 pads). New volvo rear discs and pads last week.

Suspension - Going on this Friday All new bilstein shocks, eibach pro springs, meyle HD droplinks, genuine front spring seats and rear top mounts, and a strut brace.

Interior - ummm nothing yet unless you include a boost gauge and sill trims?? Tailgate repair to do soon.

I can't wait to get the suspension done, I think it will make a good difference. Well it can't get any worse than the leaky nivomats and bouncy front struts I have now! Still on the list are a few paint jobs like the bonnet and mirror covers but I have a few engine parts to sort first, clutch and new injectors the most important. Then expect I'll go for more power but to be honest I really enjoy the nice balance of power and economy I have now so I'll be in no hurry for that.
    854 T5 - The new project.

850 tdi - sorely missed.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin_r_smith For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Friday 15th August 2014),klunk (Friday 15th August 2014)

Thread Information