Join Today
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    The thing with this so called "performance" forum you do anything different you get some jumped up idiot slating what you are doing.

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to oblark For This Useful Post:

claymore (Tuesday 19th August 2014)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    And there I was, about to have a moan about a southern RR session that I didn't know about. Been itching to get the sweed on the rollers since the downpipe...

But never mind, the poo chucking contest makes for much more interesting reading.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oblark View Post
    The thing with this so called "performance" forum you do anything different you get some jumped up idiot slating what you are doing.
    just like real life!!

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
    May I wave Dan's willy for him....

His old T-5R, angled 16T, 309 hp, standard MAF, blues

Hats off to Rob tho, for the DIY
    My old down pipe and engine
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    And there I was, about to have a moan about a southern RR session that I didn't know about. Been itching to get the sweed on the rollers since the downpipe...

But never mind, the poo chucking contest makes for much more interesting reading.
    It was just outside Basingstoke, far too far for you to travel.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    It was just outside Basingstoke, far too far for you to travel.

I didn't know about it either, thought you were going up to HLM Mr P ?

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    My old down pipe and engine
    I'm thinking about stealing the angled exhaust outlet & downpipe for the S70....feels very different to my straight outlet 16T.....need to get an MOT first tho....

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts

I'll have a word with Steve to try and arrange one in the next few months.

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

10. The Following User Says Thank You to oblark For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Tuesday 19th August 2014)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    I didn't know about it either, thought you were going up to HLM Mr P ?
    Not so sure now...
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oblark View Post
    i havnt slated anything you have done you moody £££££, you stated that the maximum power you can get out of a 19t is 274bhp which everyone knows is rubbish, i like what you are doing but you seem to be so bloody needy and needing a great big pat on the back at everything you do and go off in a huff when you dont get the virtual cuddle you need, all i did was disagree with you which also 99 percent of everyone else on here would do as well, you stated that it was impossible to make more power than that with white injectors and a standard maf but you are wrong.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Got to say I would expect more peak hp from a 19T

BUT size/peak hp isn't everything, a successful, driveable DIY map is a massive achievement

that is the difference - if a known tuner takes big money from you, you'll expect big returns. getting something diy much cheaper, you might not get what you wanted first time. People forget this (and I''m not saying Frankie did, he was just stating fact)

Peak hp with an Owen's 19T is 375 hp....how much would need to be spent to get that, with supporting mods...3k maybe

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Wednesday 20th August 2014),T5frankie (Tuesday 19th August 2014)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Got to say I would expect more peak hp from a 19T

BUT size/peak hp isn't everything, a successful, driveable DIY map is a massive achievement

that is the difference - if a known tuner takes big money from you, you'll expect big returns. getting something diy much cheaper, you might not get what you wanted first time. People forget this (and I''m not saying Frankie did, he was just stating fact)

Peak hp with an Owen's 19T is 375 hp....how much would need to be spent to get that, with supporting mods...3k maybe
    I definitely agree, but as of yet I am still waiting to see any Owens turbo (or others) deliver anything close to what is quoted. I've seen 322 and 337 from Owens 19t's and they were very modded cars with easily 3k spent on them with custom maps.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    I definitely agree, but as of yet I am still waiting to see any Owens turbo (or others) deliver anything close to what is quoted. I've seen 322 and 337 from Owens 19t's and they were very modded cars with easily 3k spent on them with custom maps.
    I just asked them what supporting mods are needed to make the quoted 375 & got the below reply...

I'm sorry but I cannot get hold of any of our customers who have run this unit to confirm what they did etc if they would even share this info. The top guy with this knowledge isn't here for another week so I cannot get an input for you. We have simply not supplied enough to have built a data base yet.

tune in next week then!

edit

don't understand why anyone would not share info about a build
    Last edited by jamesy12345; Wednesday 20th August 2014 at 07:57.

This user has no status

Thanks

don't understand why anyone would not share info about a build

The Old School Way is you simply do not ever give your own secrets to power away.........it is the worst thing you can do in a racing or competitive environment........why even in F1 do mechanics stand around a motor so the cameras can`t see!!....just an example.

As you can also see if you do tell like Rob has then a million people will argue as they all know better..........on this forum it is always the "inner circle" ........

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    The Old School Way is you simply do not ever give your own secrets to power away.........it is the worst thing you can do in a racing or competitive environment........why even in F1 do mechanics stand around a motor so the cameras can`t see!!....just an example.As you can also see if you do tell like Rob has then a million people will argue as they all know better..........on this forum it is always the "inner circle" ........
    Fair enough I guess in a competitive situation, although the regs are made to align everyone to a certain extent, I was thinking amateur stuff. I would have no problem sharing what I did with anybody & everybody....assuming I ever did something worthwhile . When sharing one picks new knowledge up - anyone who thinks they know it all is wrong.

I wasn't asking Owen's to give me boost/spark maps for their turbo, for example, just a general idea of what is required - does the standard MAF max out for that, do I need bigger injectors etc. At least a general idea before I give them a grand seems fair enough to me, will post up if I get something

The only inner circles I am interested in are being posted in the bums & boobs threads

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    The Old School Way is you simply do not ever give your own secrets to power away.........it is the worst thing you can do in a racing or competitive environment........why even in F1 do mechanics stand around a motor so the cameras can`t see!!....just an example.

As you can also see if you do tell like Rob has then a million people will argue as they all know better..........on this forum it is always the "inner circle" ........
    I take it you don't practice what you preach
    `97 V70 T5 Manual 18T+ Forge Recirc.Valve - HLM304 map - Feritta Cat.back - Walbro 255 - 40mm Lowered with Yellow Apex Springs - Bilstein Struts - 302mm Discs -
    Strut Brace - Quickshift

Pretty decent list for some one to read and get good power gains but then again coming from this secrete inner circle you speak of what do we/they know, good job you don't run a forum as no one would get nowhere what's the point in having knowledge and not sharing and helping people I suppose that's what a douche bag would do.
    Life's too short to be stuck up your own arse.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

claymore (Wednesday 20th August 2014)

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well I'll pipe up as it was my thread I started.

I think the low Hp was a number of factors the RR seemed to be about 10% down to previous rollers we had all been on.
    I may have an issue with my car as it has lost HP on 2 runs.
    I have a split intercooler, I also have a broken intake pipe which I found out after the RR.
    On the way to the meet my BCS and EBC were both playing against each other.

So realistically the car could easily make 300hp at 18psi the graph is fantastic and really smooth compared to the previous map but previously it was also running afr 14 which is lean.

The compression on my car is fine so I will have leaks here there and everywhere.

Rob has done a great job he can write the software but can't guarantee the condition of my components on the car which we knew were always going to be a limiting factor.
    salvage group 02392 179 161
    Forum members get a 20% discount VP-030788

850R Saloon 301 bhp 14.014 1/4mile
    BMW E60 530D - DPF Delete and Remap 280bhp
    Civic Vti B16 - 165bhp
    Peugeot 205 1.9gti
    Volvo C70 Convertible genuine 58,000 miles
    Audi A3 Quattro 270bhp Bam bottom end Agu head KO4 turbo
    Volvo 244 Turbo converted
    Golf Mk1 Van
    Need to grow up and sell some lol

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caseyt5 For This Useful Post:

claymore (Wednesday 20th August 2014),jamesy12345 (Wednesday 20th August 2014),oblark (Wednesday 20th August 2014),t5 pete (Wednesday 20th August 2014),T5frankie (Wednesday 20th August 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    I take it you don't practice what you preach
    `97 V70 T5 Manual 18T+ Forge Recirc.Valve - HLM304 map - Feritta Cat.back - Walbro 255 - 40mm Lowered with Yellow Apex Springs - Bilstein Struts - 302mm Discs -
    Strut Brace - Quickshift

Pretty decent list for some one to read and get good power gains but then again coming from this secrete inner circle you speak of what do we/they know, good job you don't run a forum as no one would get nowhere what's the point in having knowledge and not sharing and helping people I suppose that's what a douche bag would do.
    Life's too short to be stuck up your own arse.
    I never said SECRET inner circle, as we all know who disagrees and doses out the crap, just like you pick on my signature to have a petty go at me!........my improvements are just common ones which are bounded about by all who own a T5 .....there is nothing special about any of it.......but of course you must post to be petty!

My arse is big enough to get stuck up and i do have my own small personal improvements i keep to myself for my engine to be better ........i have been around the tuning aspect for donkeys years so have a good idea, one doesn`t give away all what you`ve learnt to others for nothing.......

This is the main reason all this banter and £££££e throwing about Rob`s mapping.......most all know what hardware gives what BHP or whatever on these motors because it is all shared .......much better to be above and have more performance than your neighbour, why do you all go to RR`s..........it is hardly for a friendly chat with all the aggravation on this forum.......it is simply for competitiveness, who has the most!........if the improvements were all shared there is no real point in attending them.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Smoke & mirrors attitude helps (some of) the tuning companies rip us off, so I don't agree

Thread Information