Join Today
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts

The new addition to the fleet!

Why not?! LOL! It's something I've been considering for quite some time now, and when this one came up for sale locally, I had to have it. It has pretty much every option including a sunroof, and even the electric rear blind. Full BMW history, 84k on the clock, very nice condition (not showroom by any stretch, but still very nice). However an Inspection 2 is due now. But at £9k I considered it to be a pretty decent bargain. As a general rule, after months of looking at these, you need to be in the £10k+ range to get a good one.

The list of improvements to the asthetics has already begun! I absolutely love black cars, so this made the car even more perfect for me, but it does make stone chips, scratches, etc quite obvious, so a front end respray is a definite.

The modifications list has also begun. Not too long, but long enough! Have you seen how much a decent exhaust system is for this thing?!!

And the noise

Can't wait to get it on a track, but god knows when that'll be, I'm up a wall with work at the moment!
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Saturday 9th August 2014)

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Bloody gawjus mate, drove a few of these in anger on tracks, and there aren't many cars as capable for all occasions, they are a handful in the wet with the nanny systems off, so be careful at first, they are very predicable on the limit, so have some fun. And you are now officially a ££££££

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nealevo For This Useful Post:

S70T5Chris (Saturday 9th August 2014)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    You can't deny the ability of these cars and as an all round package they possibly one if the best, with the prestige to boot.

I'm looking at something non volvo myself, maybe 3 pointed star?

A good buy, only downside not as exclusive as some Volvos in numbers, but that's why I'd keep Volvos and you'd most likely keep yours.

Are you replacing the s60r with this?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The plan was to replace the Accord with it, and this will be the car I mostly use on track. But I really love the Accord, I just don't know if I can sell it yet.

I need to do a couple of track days first just to make doubly sure. The ATR is so good, and so reliable on a track. This needs to be the same, I'm sure it will be.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Looks good very nice

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Not heard many horror stories with these.

I was recently looking at a m5 2001 model (which ever that is).

Vanos timing goes around 100k, clutch 80k, so I was looking at buying with these done.

Only thing I could get around was, when cold most will not select first or second easily, I do short traffic trips mostly, that would be a pain in traffic.

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Looks stunning mate, And a well kept one. Like you said with black car they show up every stone chip road dust etc, But when clean they look the Nutts.
    looks spot on bud

Last edited by merc85; Saturday 9th August 2014 at 17:29.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to merc85 For This Useful Post:

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Mate of mine had a very similar one, 2006 but it was ruined by so called technicians getting the stage 2 service wrong.

Mike was a big help in that matter and my mate is now looking at 335i and newer M3 as a replacement.

The only Beemer I would want, the M3, nice buy Chris mate.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Big fan of the m3's mate.
    As said they are a handful in the wet.
    Nice car, you'll have some cracking track day fun in it.
    missing being Swedish

Previously:
    03 S40 Sport Lux 1.9d SOLD
    1998 MTE Stage 2 V70 T5 Manual SOLD
    1998 V70R AWD Manual BROKEN

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Biff For This Useful Post:

T5 powered and retro
    Thanks
    Jealous.com.
    The end :-)
    What I would really like next but a good un is a bit out of my price range for now.

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Nice but still a to$$er

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamest5r For This Useful Post:

T5frankie (Sunday 10th August 2014)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    I always fancied an M3..an E30...

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C512660

Big money now!

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Stunning looking car, and I hope she goes well for you.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    Welcome to my world, but your only a junior tosser as its only one German car in your fleet lol. Get an Audi as well and you can be a total tosser like me.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    Not heard many horror stories with these.

I was recently looking at a m5 2001 model (which ever that is).

Vanos timing goes around 100k, clutch 80k, so I was looking at buying with these done.

Only thing I could get around was, when cold most will not select first or second easily, I do short traffic trips mostly, that would be a pain in traffic.
    I looked at the M5 before getting my M3. Drove a couple and they really fly, but also a heavy car so not as chuck able as the M3. V8 5 ltr engine so 20mpg, but 10-15mpg on traffic trips.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post

Why not?! LOL! It's something I've been considering for quite some time now, and when this one came up for sale locally, I had to have it. It has pretty much every option including a sunroof, and even the electric rear blind. Full BMW history, 84k on the clock, very nice condition (not showroom by any stretch, but still very nice). However an Inspection 2 is due now. But at £9k I considered it to be a pretty decent bargain. As a general rule, after months of looking at these, you need to be in the £10k+ range to get a good one.

The list of improvements to the asthetics has already begun! I absolutely love black cars, so this made the car even more perfect for me, but it does make stone chips, scratches, etc quite obvious, so a front end respray is a definite.

The modifications list has also begun. Not too long, but long enough! Have you seen how much a decent exhaust system is for this thing?!!

And the noise

Can't wait to get it on a track, but god knows when that'll be, I'm up a wall with work at the moment!
    Drop it off at mine if you want Chris while your away. I'll give it a clean for you. I've done lots of little creature comforts to mine to make the interior more up to date, latest satnav discs, full iPod control, digital tv, shorter gear knob to make gear changes better, software to personalise things like making adjustments to satnav view, shift lights, traction control intervention, light on control etc etc.
    As for exhausts, what make did you go for?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKESC70T5 View Post
    Drop it off at mine if you want Chris while your away. I'll give it a clean for you. I've done lots of little creature comforts to mine to make the interior more up to date, latest satnav discs, full iPod control, digital tv, shorter gear knob to make gear changes better, software to personalise things like making adjustments to satnav view, shift lights, traction control intervention, light on control etc etc.
    As for exhausts, what make did you go for?
    Hmmm definitley need to pick your brains all all that kind of stuff!

Not decided on the exhaust yet. I need to get on M3 cutters and get opinions. They just sound incredible with a back box on. I'm leaning towards the Supersprint Race, but have heard it may drone, which I really don't want. Miltek is cheaper, surely a Miltek would be good?!

Thanks for the offer of cleaning it mate, I wouldn't expect you to do that! The stone chips on the front end are already bothering me, so really want to get that addressed before I go mad on it.

The brake upgrade you have, is that a complete kit you can buy from somewhere?

Have you heard of Brystone? They are local to me, was thinking of giving them a call for the Inspection 2 service, and a general once over.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    that looks very tidy chris have a soft spot for these on the smaller oem rims for some reason lol
    1995 854 t5r

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    Hmmm definitley need to pick your brains all all that kind of stuff!

Not decided on the exhaust yet. I need to get on M3 cutters and get opinions. They just sound incredible with a back box on. I'm leaning towards the Supersprint Race, but have heard it may drone, which I really don't want. Miltek is cheaper, surely a Miltek would be good?!

Thanks for the offer of cleaning it mate, I wouldn't expect you to do that! The stone chips on the front end are already bothering me, so really want to get that addressed before I go mad on it.

The brake upgrade you have, is that a complete kit you can buy from somewhere?

Have you heard of Brystone? They are local to me, was thinking of giving them a call for the Inspection 2 service, and a general once over.
    All of them drone which is why I've not changed mine yet, the drone between 2000-3000 rpm which is 6th gear doing 60mph lol. I did have a Miltek to go on paid £575 second hand but sold it on.

Only used Iridium Engineering which is still close to you.

Brake kit is a full kit apart from discs which are direct from BMW. The kit was a group buy but the custom brackets have all sold now and unless the guy who organised the group buy can get another 10 buyers together you won't get them. The group buy included, calipers, brackets, hoses and pads. There are aftermarket kits available by the likes of k-sport etc but the quality has been bought into question especially the material of the calipers. The ones I have are o.e BMW ones made by Brembo off the 135 models. Your loaded mate so just get the A.P's, there only £2500 lol.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martybelfastt5 View Post
    that looks very tidy chris have a soft spot for these on the smaller oem rims for some reason lol
    18's give a far better ride and handling is also a lot better, but the 19's look so much better. If Chris is going to track it once in a while, I'd suggest picking up some 18's just for the track.

Thread Information