Join Today
    Swede demon
    Thanks

Few new funny noises

Hey there everyone! so as my luck has prevailed again the car has 2 new noises JUST before i go away to Berlin and i was wondering if i could get some help. so the first noise i noticed was the turbo not quite whining, but making like a spooling sound up to 2nd gear, roughly 2200rpm. now my old saloon didn't do this but i got no clue if it was on a stock turbo i never really looked https://www.dropbox.com/s/7z2thz2t1a...730_211115.mp4 (Skip to 2:30 unless ya wanna see me drive around a roundabout XD)

And now the 2nd one it has started doing recently is when the car has been parked for more than say 10 hours it develops this grinding or clacking noise when you first start it up, like there's no oil there, now from the cabin it sounded like it comes from the turbo side, where the whistle comes from. but i just think that's where there is no sound deadening. as im thinking either tappits or turbo rebuild. any advice would be appreciated, link to 2nd sound below. excuse my You've been tango'd orange t shirt, rest are in the wash XD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgj2hz94tc...809_112047.mp4
    The Scrapyard Saved 740

Swede demon
    Thanks
    UPDATE. did i a lil more poking around, took the inlet pipe off the turbo n theres a little bit of play, but not that much it touches the housings and the compressor blades look ok, lil bit of oil but pcv system i guess. so only thing i can think is tappits and i dont have the money to do such at the current time XD
    The Scrapyard Saved 740

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Just the turbo spooling up isn't it?? Air filter nice & clean?

& the turbo will hardly be moving at idle. What oil are you using - I use 10/40 in my S70

ps I watched the roundabout bit, weird cos I've been out of the UK for a while, driving the other way around

Swede demon
    Thanks
    yeah has a brand new airfilter when i bought it, its a pretty toss quality one though so i may change that when it gets mucky, and yeah its got a full sump of 10W/40 castrol magnatec, now my salloon ran on 5W fully syth shell, im tempted when i do a oil change to put that in it, see if makes any differance
    The Scrapyard Saved 740

Thread Information