Join Today

Thread: t5 problems

This user has no status
    Thanks

t5 problems

Hi everybody not been on for a while but looking for a little help had a problem back in november last year where I was giving the car the beans coming onto the motorway felt something wasnt right and to cut a long story short engine management light came on and the car ran like crap found out a coil had went replaced the coil and spark plugs which stopped it driving like it had dropped a cylinder
    next thing tht happened is when I accelerated after getting the coil and plugs replaced I felt a surge /hesitation problem its had the same problem since then till now i've just recently bought four new coils fitted them done nothing
    I've heard the etm can go so I had a look at the one on the car its the yellow label replacement but I've had the car 6 years so its been replaced before I bought it
    I then got my dad to hook up his diagnostic machine which isnt vida but its not a cheap code reader it was showing on a live data screen tht the etm was running fine aswell as the maf only thing tht was odd was the throttle pedal sensor was showing a max of 21% when I was on full throttle so I decided to buy a used throttle fitted it today took the car a drive felt really gd no niggles surging or hesitation I then took the car upto about 5000rpm and felt the same prob as before but very slight the revs also dropped by about 2000 when I took my foot off the throttle they didnt drop slowly it was instant and ever since I revved it tht high the problems back also forgot to mention the problem was only really showing up when the engine was heated up fully showing a reading of halfway on the temp gauge
    so there u have it folks sry for the long story but any help would be really appreciated

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    When the coil pack goes or a cylinder drops, the car will vibrate and shake as you put your foot on the gas. It will also drink fuel like there's no tomorrow as it uses more to compensate for the lack of power.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yeh when starting to accelerate hard when it gets past 2000rpm it vibrates slightly whilst surging/hesitating

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Have you checked all the inlet, boost and vac pipes? There could be a leak somewhere.
    You could also have a dodgy lambda sensor.
    Generic code readers often show a throttle pedal fault when it's actually a dirty maf or an air leak between the maf and the turbo.
    The bps could also be playing up.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Not checked all the pipes yet if it was a lambda sensor would it not cause problems from cold? The rader we were using was a delphi unit so its a very gd unit tht can read a lot and I take it bps means brake pedal sensor if tht was faulty how would it effect the car my clutch pedal position sensor is gubbed I took tht off just last week but its not been working for a few years would this cause anything?

Thanks
    Boost pressure sensor mate. It's on the intercooler outlet.

Lambda sensors can play up in many ways, they're funny buggers.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Do u think the bps would cause the above problems? And would it do it when the engine was hot?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S60 View Post
    Do u think the bps would cause the above problems? And would it do it when the engine was hot?
    My money's still on an air leak or a lambda but any sensor problem on a P2 can play havoc.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Tell me about it its doing my head in trying to figure it out lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Anybody had similar problems?

Thread Information