Join Today
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    I beg to differ, when I tried to do them on the C70 2 came off o.k., and 2 rounded off as the heads are quite soft. If you managed to get them all out in 1 piece then fair play to you.
    I just drowned them in PlusGas as I went and they came off, although they started to stiffen mid way through but this was just the surface rust on the protruding ends winding through the stub axle. I wouldn't say they were hard to remove, just a little effort.

But this is why I purchased new bolts from the dealer rather than using the old ones. Interestingly, the Parts guy at my local Stealers told me that the workshop normally use all the old bolts except for the Driveshaft to Stub Axle ones. The only other exception would be if one did break or round off.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    No, I meant to day the bearing and assembly out of the stub axle.

The ones I purchased didn't come with bolts.
    Not genuine then? Patent part!
    Contradicting yourself again I see.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

claymore (Thursday 18th September 2014)

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Not genuine then? Patent part!
    Contradicting yourself again I see.
    No, I was referring to the MAF when I discussed genuine parts earlier. I've fitted pattern driveshafts to the S60, they come with a 2 year warranty and they're fine and at £50 they were also well priced.

I'm not contradicting myself at all, Lee.

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    No, I was referring to the MAF when I discussed genuine parts earlier. I've fitted pattern driveshafts to the S60, they come with a 2 year warranty and they're fine and at £50 they were also well priced.

I'm not contradicting myself at all, Lee.
    May I point you to a previous post of yours:

I don't think the engine mounts are hydraulic mate, they're fixed. A CV joint will generally 'click click click' when it's worn whereas the wheel bearings tend to rumble which gets worse when you corner.

My advice personally, is don't buy cheap parts if you can help it, especially wheel bearings. I'm not suggesting you were going to buy cheap parts but just in case. I've had the misfortune of seeing the cheaper parts fail prematurely (i.e. strut spring seats and ball joints), so I now fit OE Volvo or uprated parts to the car because they last longer and are better value in the long run (and hence I now replace rubber bushing with PU where possible). Also change both sides of the car because where one part has gone the other is probably not far behind.

If you're doing the work yourself, I'd advice getting new bolts because the wheel bearing bolts are 'stretch bolts' so the thread can strip and they can snap and cause all sorts of issues. New bolts may come with the OE parts anyway but if not then I'd advise getting some.

Ok, I hope that helps and good luck!
    Last edited by claymore; Friday 19th September 2014 at 11:10.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    Shovel and hole springs to mind lol

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Hes going to need a ladder...

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Originally Posted by JamesT5
    I don't think the engine mounts are hydraulic mate, they're fixed. A CV joint will generally 'click click click' when it's worn whereas the wheel bearings tend to rumble which gets worse when you corner.

My advice personally, is don't buy cheap parts if you can help it, especially wheel bearings. I'm not suggesting you were going to buy cheap parts but just in case. I've had the misfortune of seeing the cheaper parts fail prematurely (i.e. strut spring seats and ball joints), so I now fit OE Volvo or uprated parts to the car because they last longer and are better value in the long run (and hence I now replace rubber bushing with PU where possible). Also change both sides of the car because where one part has gone the other is probably not far behind.

If you're doing the work yourself, I'd advice getting new bolts because the wheel bearing bolts are 'stretch bolts' so the thread can strip and they can snap and cause all sorts of issues. New bolts may come with the OE parts anyway but if not then I'd advise getting some.

Ok, I hope that helps and good
    luck!

I think you missed to highlight a couple of bits there Colin

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Silence is Golden
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thread Information