This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers Dave

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deathrider311271 View Post
    This mis information really pisses me off, have you actually tried it?? i have.

Dave ignore this wrong information, if you want to use a second hand unit you can with no issues, just make sure its off a turbo model and same year car as yours. Im assuming yours is the white sticker model??

If so once you have fitted the second hand ETM take your car to Volvo to get the 50p software upgrade for the wider peramiters (delaying the problem). Will also cost you half hours labour.

Alternatively go onto VOC and contact a guy called SPOZNIK he will rebuild yours with contactless potentiometeres for under £140, i personally wouldnt use the more expensive companies as they do exactly the same as this guy.
    Yes, I inquired about the software upgrade and was amused that it was only 50 pence. It's stupid that the cost is really nominal, it's the labour to do it.

I'm going to have a software upgrade on my ETM, assuming it's not faulty.

Have you had this or know anyone who has? What difference does it make to the performance/behavior of the car?

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    The Main Dealer Parts gut told me the other day, that the new ETM's are about £220 + VAT although they may have gone up a little.
    I have a nice receipt when my p2 had one 18k ago, £400-500 I think it was fitted (bosch)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Yours "should" have the same inlet manifold as the 850 - meaning the ETM is on the side of the manifold rather than under it. This is pretty easy to get at, you'll need to take the inlet pipe off the throttle and you're there.
    Thanks M-R-P

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    I have a nice receipt when my p2 had one 18k ago, £400-500 I think it was fitted (bosch)
    That was with labour I guess.

Thread Information