Join Today
    Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks

anyone running an ipd bcs???

well ive not posted any progress for a while (only when im having problems lol) so i thought id ask opinions on the ipd boost control valve thats just landed on my doorstep i ordered it from parts for volvos online and i must say im dissapointed.............................NO SWEETS!!! but on a serious note does anyone have any input?? im fitting it regardless but thought id ask anyways lol

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Yes - follow the instructions to the letter when you're "training" it, especially as you're running a fair bit more performance.
    If you just throw it on and go for a burn, it'll overboost or bring the boost in too hard. Train it and it'll be leeervely.
    Must retrain mine sometime.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

theflyingbrick (Thursday 24th July 2014)

Trader
    Ready for the weekend
    Thanks
    the new version of the part you had works at a higher frequency than the original so exactly as martin said you must carry out this process exactly.
    ron was trying to explain it to me the other week , where as I always assumed they just open, or close at the correct time they actually work very quickly up to 20.000 times per minute and
    the 850 works opposite to the P2 cars. - one starts in the open position and then closes, the other is opposite.

p.s, sorry the sweets melted in this heat so we have sent any for a while because they don't want to be melting all over the goods !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to partsforvolvos.com For This Useful Post:

theflyingbrick (Thursday 24th July 2014)

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by partsforvolvos.com View Post
    the new version of the part you had works at a higher frequency than the original so exactly as martin said you must carry out this process exactly.
    ron was trying to explain it to me the other week , where as I always assumed they just open, or close at the correct time they actually work very quickly up to 20.000 times per minute and
    the 850 works opposite to the P2 cars. - one starts in the open position and then closes, the other is opposite.

p.s, sorry the sweets melted in this heat so we have sent any for a while because they don't want to be melting all over the goods !
    hahaha no probs im happy enough with the boost solenoid ill look forward to fitting it the weekend and reporting back

so just you and me then martin?? well ive seen your video of the boost gauge so if mine holds like yours does then ill be more than happy

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

Lashing it up with binding
    twine.
    Thanks
    Why an ipd bcs over a genuine Volvo item?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingbrick View Post
    hahaha no probs im happy enough with the boost solenoid ill look forward to fitting it the weekend and reporting back

so just you and me then martin?? well ive seen your video of the boost gauge so if mine holds like yours does then ill be more than happy
    LeeT5 has just fitted one mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saaamon View Post
    Why an ipd bcs over a genuine Volvo item?
    The big seller for me was the ability to take it apart and clean it etc

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

9. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

theflyingbrick (Friday 25th July 2014)

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    I also have one, as above really, it needs "training". Mine also needs training again after I left the battery off for a while.

You find differing opinions on the web for how much boost the standard TCV is good for, but generally the belief is around 17-24psi. After that you are probably better off with an uprated one anyway. If you aren't hitting those sort of boost levels then I suppose its down to personal preference whether you'd stay standard or uprate?
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

Saaamon (Friday 25th July 2014)

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    as above really but i heard the volvo ones were only good upto 16psi!! anything above that is ok for a while but its too much strain for it and they start to break down so an uprated,heavy duty one was a no brainer for me

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    The big seller for me was the ability to take it apart and clean it etc
    Surely something that has filtered air going through it won`t get dirty.

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oblark View Post
    Surely something that has filtered air going through it won`t get dirty.
    filtered or not everything gets dirty after a while lol

Thanks
    It's fed from the compressor housing so it'll get clogged with oil at some point.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

Trader
    Ready for the weekend
    Thanks
    I was thinking that- when oil vapour cools it clogs thing up something terrible.

Thanks
    I was thinking that- when oil vapour cools it clogs thing up something terrible.
    But then... vac pipes are often pretty clean.

I suppose sealing faces in a valve will attract the gunk more than the smooth interior of a pipe.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

Trader
    Ready for the weekend
    Thanks
    but the air coming from the turbo will be hotter - look at how bad egr valves get !

Thanks
    but the air coming from the turbo will be hotter - look at how bad egr valves get !
    I've not seen any petrol turbo cars with that level of crap buildup in the pipes tho lol.

I'll take the ipd tcv apart for a clean sometime and see what it's like.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

Thread Information