Join Today
    OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts

Wirng to create spark

seem to be having a no spark problem the engine turns no problem there is fuel at the rail weather or not I have pulse at the injectors im unsure.
    All cam/crank sensors have been tested and all working units coil and lead all fine up rated all grounds and have good earth. I have done a continuity test on all wiring from the connectors to sensors back to the plug that goes into the ecu so I have no breakages.
    The wiring for the coil pack plug are getting no signal I did a continuity test for the yellow and white wire plug 4 Is nice at strong so no breakages the black wire has good earth, now the blue and red wire does have continuity but not a strong signal I don't know if it splits of some where else or has a resistor in line?
    So does any one know what is actually needed to create spark.
    For instance the car will turn over just the same weather the ecu is plugged in or not so to me something isn't reaching the ecu to give it the signal to send to the coil pack yellow and white wire.
    The only things I don't currently have plugged In at the min are the alarm siren, speedo pick up, head lights indicators , wiper motor etc and door's are missing but I doubt they would cause a none spark problem would be nice if they did tho.
    Thank you

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Spoke too soon its freekin alive chuffing power line from battery broken some where in harness im sure I tested it this morning obviously not any way it will now have a dedicated line run.
    Must say only checked it after reading on yank site that if your emission light doesn't light on position 2 it means the ecu isn't getting power.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

claymore (Tuesday 22nd July 2014),Jamest5r (Tuesday 22nd July 2014),MoleT-5R (Tuesday 22nd July 2014),Nealevo (Tuesday 22nd July 2014),V70 Graham (Tuesday 22nd July 2014)

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    good to here you've cracked it, though I have just wasted 10 mins looking at wiring diagrams for you as I only read the first post before looking it your problem, that will teach me ...lol

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Can i have me crank and cam sensors back then

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamest5r View Post
    Can i have me crank and cam sensors back then
    Nope there/their myne myne myne myne or mine mine mine mine thats just for wobbly.
    lol yeah ill get them in the post or shall I leave them on my parts selfs they look nice there lol

T5 powered and retro
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    Spoke too soon its freekin alive chuffing power line from battery broken some where in harness im sure I tested it this morning obviously not any way it will now have a dedicated line run.
    Must say only checked it after reading on yank site that if your emission light doesn't light on position 2 it means the ecu isn't getting power.
    I was just on my way up to sort this for you big lad, never mind it's the thought that counts :-)

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    Nope there/their myne myne myne myne or mine mine mine mine thats just for wobbly.
    lol yeah ill get them in the post or shall I leave them on my parts selfs they look nice there lol
    Nah save them till York, talking of which you want to start the thread as it's your local?

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamest5r View Post
    Nah save them till York, talking of which you want to start the thread as it's your local?
    Yeah ill sort it when I get home tonight hooefully will be able to get a time in this year

10. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Tuesday 22nd July 2014)

Thread Information