Join Today
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Anyway back OT once the Haldex SW for the Americans is done, it's going that should be soon! I just wish it was switchable like my Audi sports diff as a tail happy R isn't brilliant like the Audi is currently anyway.[/QUOTE]

This part of the thread sounds interesting, what are you hoping to achieve with this? From what I've read on the original tests they were trying to eliminate to an extent under steer.

How do you test such a set up and would any hard ware alterations be needed.

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    Read my post above re DPA + USA they do not have privacy laws and the agreement is null as of a few months back by a court ruling.

I'm not banned from T5D5 just not allowed to reply....you see why?

p.s. I'd look at your security mate re your IP addy. It would be easy to break/ddos etc. SNoRT or something.
    As its a couple of nodes on a single vip with 2gb/s link max then yeah, anyone that can revolve a dns name to an IP and a large enough connection could ddos the site.......though the firewalls in front with a total aggregate bandwidth of something stupid like 200 odd Gb/s would block connections with that sort of characteristic. (Also provides NIDS, but thanks for the heads up, all being replaced Friday).
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    As its a couple of nodes on a single vip with 2gb/s link max then yeah, anyone that can revolve a dns name to an IP and a large enough connection could ddos the site.......though the firewalls in front with a total aggregate bandwidth of something stupid like 200 odd Gb/s would block connections with that sort of characteristic. (Also provides NIDS, but thanks for the heads up, all being replaced Friday).

Cool let me guess Juniper?

Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Cool let me guess Juniper?
    Yeah, the one with the dodgy back door code in it
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    Anyway back OT once the Haldex SW for the Americans is done, it's going that should be soon! I just wish it was switchable like my Audi sports diff as a tail happy R isn't brilliant like the Audi is currently anyway.
    This part of the thread sounds interesting, what are you hoping to achieve with this? From what I've read on the original tests they were trying to eliminate to an extent under steer.

How do you test such a set up and would any hard ware alterations be needed.
    oversteer mate lol just a tad no HW yet but that's not for me to decide, rear axles are like tooth picks lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yeah, the one with the dodgy back door code in it
    Honestly? Can't tell if you're joking or not lol I use Cisco/HP and the odd small Junipers

Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Honestly? Can't tell if you're joking or not lol I use Cisco/HP and the odd small Junipers
    On the Juniper, yes. You know you shouldn't divulge details of infrastructure publicly

This user has no status

Thanks
    On the Juniper, yes. You know you shouldn't divulge details of infrastructure publicly
    My reply was going to be DELETE lol mine is all over UK not one company BTW

It was VIP that gave it away SSG series stuff lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    That's the car on loan for few weeks, then the big decision to sell or keep, as ,much as it annoys me I think I'll sell.

Anyone got any input on price, I was thinking £6750 ono, new clutch, 200 cell Dp, MOT, greens, and collar plus a fair bit more.

49k Flash Green 05 with reverse cam, sat nav etc, pcv done, new tyres and front arms recently too.

Shem gave it a full bill of health. Plugs changed every 20 k oil, changed once in summer and end of winter

Oh KL interooler (AiT's never above 30c), Simmed liners, braided lines, new front shocks, new Swedish 200cpi sports cat, new inlet manifold as well and cleaned and waxed by shem.

No discoloration in exhaust manifold, no map codes, one for AQS thats it and everything thoroughly checked and serviced according to Volvo in my ownership some dealer some me.

If it goes for asking I'll throw in a map switching map on it, stock, linear boost, or TD mode lol

Any input?
    Last edited by Dream3r; Friday 8th January 2016 at 05:04.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for the heads up re Juniper Misread it severity, none of mine were affected due to no ext SSH

Thread Information