Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

smoke leak detector v2

in an attempt to get to the bottom of my poor running and air leak. I made another smoke leak detector.

I used a screen wash bucket with a tyre valve in one side and a hose connector on the other side.

I set the compressor to around ten psi and connected it to the trye valve.

I put a hose from the the other end onto to line that goes from manifold to the re circ using a t peice

Placed a peice of flag in the bottom, lit a small fire. Which consisted of some paper tissue, some terry cloth, a latex glove and some dired up grass.

Let it flare up for a minute then fasten the lid.

all was going well and smoke was appearing from under the manifold, just when I get my head in and the torch out, the lid flies off.

I keep trying it again but due to the heat the plastic is soft so the lid just pops straight of.

need to try it with a metal tin next

Name:  smoke2.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  498.2 KBName:  smoke1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  341.5 KB

This user has no status

Thanks
    forgot to mention, I took the air box out and block the intake hose using some thick pvc sheet and tape

trying hard to look busy!
    Thanks
    I thought you could buy smoke pellets or something like that to help with these? If its an air leak my moneys on a small vacuum hose near the compressor housing being off.
    It's a 5 Cylinder Orchestra!
    R.I.P. Kyebosh (Alan) you're memory lives on!

This user has no status

Thanks
    used some pellets, but the smoke wasnt good enough

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    im doing mine this weekend although ill just be listening for a hiss as I don't have anything to make smoke with lol

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

This user has no status

Thanks
    the problem with listening for a his, you hear the air rushing round the engine. which tricks you

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    oh right...didn't think about that!! well ill give it a go see what happens if not ill source some decent smoke pellets

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

This user has no status

Thanks
    Im going to try and make one with an old paint pot or something metal

Thread Information