Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

The excellent V70

Hi guys,

Just want to share my appreciation on what an ace car Volvo produced in the V70 T5.

I have owned this car just coming on 3 years now, and in that time it's been nearly faultless. I know people moan about the ME7 but I think it's brilliant. I'm not one to mod my cars and in actual fact I run it on a shoestring, but in all those 3 years all that's failed is a MAF sensor when I first got it, and after a quick search on ebay and 30 quid later she has been running OK (touch wood) ever since.

She has just gone through her MOT at 115000 miles with just a couple of ARB links and a weld up of an exhaust mount, other than that she is sound, all original.

She may not handle or go like some of yours, but as a daily that can carry everything plus the kitchen sink in comfort I don't think it can be beat.

Anyway, had a couple of beers and just wanted to show my appreciation of a brilliant motor, and when this one dies, will defo be getting another one, maybe a D5 though as fuel costs are just stupid.

Cheers

Paul

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sperm1980 For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Sunday 29th June 2014)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    They are cracking all round cars ,like you say the fuel cost can be high but if you don't do silly miles we can live with them.

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Brilliant you don't often get positive posts, I will probably always be Volvo mad, it's weird I know.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Here hear, can't praise ours enough, glad your so happy with yours.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Whoever said 'Mans best friend is a Dog'.....obviously didn't drive a Volvo. Good to hear the car still makes you smile

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    A healthy, standard, (relatively) low mileage P2 is like a lightbulb - you rarely hear anything about how well it works! (it's when it stops working everybody gets to hear about it lol)

By the same token)..

A modified, high mileage P2 is like an aging family pet.... It smells funny, leaves damp patches everywhere and generally embarrasses you at every opportunity but you just can't bring yourself to bang it over the head with a shovel.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

stephenevans99 (Sunday 29th June 2014)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post

A modified, high mileage P2 is like an aging family pet.... It smells funny, leaves damp patches everywhere and generally embarrasses you at every opportunity but you just can't bring yourself to bang it over the head with a shovel.
    pmsl

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    A healthy, standard, (relatively) low mileage P2 is like a lightbulb - you rarely hear anything about how well it works! (it's when it stops working everybody gets to hear about it lol)

By the same token)..

Even though it needs it.

Thread Information