Join Today
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: intake pipe

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T5RatherAmusin View Post
    Can we all stop with the bull££££ now. 90% of vpc if full of this ££££
    Just getting ridiculous now and show what a load of condescending £££££s most of you are....

Now as you are....

OP - what car do you have and any other supporting mods?
    Didn't understand a single word.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    Your a pathetic lil man

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T5RatherAmusin For This Useful Post:

960kg (Sunday 29th June 2014),JamesT5 (Sunday 29th June 2014)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Didn't understand a single word.
    Would it help if it was written in big coloured letters?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

JamesT5 (Sunday 29th June 2014),T5RatherAmusin (Saturday 28th June 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    come on guys keep it clean, give me 3 makes of intake and were to get them from.

Then you can do what you want lol

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_mito View Post
    come on guys keep it clean, give me 3 makes of intake and were to get them from.

Then you can do what you want lol
    What car's is it for?

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    Pfv will do you the do88 stuff
    Theres the snabb and ipd stuff over usa....

This user has no status

Thanks
    v70 b5244t5

Overall VPCUK car of the year
    Thanks
    or you could make your own like i did....

its cleaner now

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    a 3" intake wrecked my forged engine as for one i didnt turn the boost right down before i drove it, then build it up again, only drove a mile before it went pop

This user has no status

Thanks
    lots of missed views on them it seems.

suppose I will have to keep a close on the afr for a while if I do fit one

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dave_mito For This Useful Post:

MoleT-5R (Saturday 28th June 2014),p fandango (Saturday 28th June 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by merc85 View Post
    Fitting the uprated/larger intake will cause the air to flow Quicker as its not ribbed like the Oe volvo one, and being a larger size to it Will flow more increasing boost pressure, IF your runing boost close to the limit of the stock internals the increase MAY be enough to cause internal engine damage.

I know the above as i was in Andys car at the time.
    Well your wrong as well!........it does amaze me how so many members slag off one person for there thoughts on helping another member and then you answer a load of rubbish but your friends say nothing!.........what a load of crap members you all are clicky...clicky...clicky........i am so glad i don`t go to meets to waste my time and fuel meeting you all, your`e simply not worth it!

The ribs do not slow any airflow up in fact they can tumble the air so the air vanes in the turbo`s compressor can grab the air better as it it tumbling instead of straightforward hitting.......the ribs are mainly there for flexibility of the hose for engine movement......although the larger hose will encourage faster airflow it`s volume is not increased as it has to get by the MAF which is smaller in diameter so therefore the AFR`s will be similar as the MAF reads the same volume of air and if out the ECU will compensate but only to a limit.
    It seems Frankie went over the limit due to a 3" MAF without a remap....

Quote Originally Posted by MoleT-5R View Post
    no bullying here just helpful advice to person that doesn't know what there talking about before there advice causes another member some serious grief mechanically
    Think again!

Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    a 3" intake wrecked my forged engine as for one i didnt turn the boost right down before i drove it, then build it up again, only drove a mile before it went pop
    So Frankie you knocked the nail on the head.............It`s the lack of knowledge that causes these failures with rods etc.......just as you have just said.......other members included...

.................................................. ..............

.........and as for a quicker TCV than an OEM one what utter crap from a member that belongs to a motoring organisation........i for one am glad i ain`t a member.....it is the ECU that is slow.......and yes, i do know about ipd problems

.................................................. .................................................. ....................

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:

JamesT5 (Sunday 29th June 2014)

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    960KG strikes again. Hello mate how are you doing?? lol

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    Well your wrong as well!........it does amaze me how so many members slag off one person for there thoughts on helping another member and then you answer a load of rubbish but your friends say nothing!.........what a load of crap members you all are clicky...clicky...clicky........i am so glad i don`t go to meets to waste my time and fuel meeting you all, your`e simply not worth it!

The ribs do not slow any airflow up in fact they can tumble the air so the air vanes in the turbo`s compressor can grab the air better as it it tumbling instead of straightforward hitting.......the ribs are mainly there for flexibility of the hose for engine movement......although the larger hose will encourage faster airflow it`s volume is not increased as it has to get by the MAF which is smaller in diameter so therefore the AFR`s will be similar as the MAF reads the same volume of air and if out the ECU will compensate but only to a limit.

Think again!

So Frankie you knocked the nail on the head.............It`s the lack of knowledge that causes these failures with rods etc.......just as you have just said.......other members included...

.........and as for a quicker TCV than an OEM one what utter crap from a member that belongs to a motoring organisation........i for one am glad i ain`t a member.....it is the ECU that is slow.......and yes, i do know about ipd problems

.................................................. .................................................. ....................

With that sort of attitude I wish I hadn't bothered 'wasting my time' defending you on VOC, I can see now why they got rid of you.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Sunday 29th June 2014),merc85 (Sunday 29th June 2014),MoleT-5R (Sunday 29th June 2014)

looking to get MTE Map
    Thanks
    Try Graeme Welsh on this forum. He made them and may have some left
    Ex Police V70 T5 SE now scrapped.
    Daily driver V60 D3 R-design

2004 C70 2.4T GT, modifications front strut brace, 19" Peg reps with white lettered tires.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Let's assume I'm a complete moron (shouldn't be difficult ). Can anyone explain to me:

1) How does a larger bore intake make the air flow (gas speed) faster?
    2) How does a larger bore intake increase air flow (gas volume) if the turbo remains the constant in the equation?
    3) How does a larger bore intake increase boost pressure, or make the turbo boost past the normal limit, when it's on the unpressurised side of the turbo?

2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold 'N' Brown View Post
    Let's assume I'm a complete moron (shouldn't be difficult ). Can anyone explain to me:

1) How does a larger bore intake make the air flow (gas speed) faster?
    2) How does a larger bore intake increase air flow (gas volume) if the turbo remains the constant in the equation?
    3) How does a larger bore intake increase boost pressure, or make the turbo boost past the normal limit, when it's on the unpressurised side of the turbo?

960kg knows everything but until he coments,

1) the increase is because the larger intake walls are smoother so its easier for the air to flow (try tumbling as apossed to runing) which is quicker?
    2) the increase is less work on the turbo as its able to spoolfaster as its able to flow quicker to due to the above
    3) Boost pressure is increased slightly as the turbo is not having to work as hard, flowing smoother with slightly more volume due to the islight ncrease in size of piping

Thats how i understand it anyway lol, Andys car boosted more with the Larger intake over the standard ribbed version hence the Bent rod.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Just to ask what is the smallest dia of the stock pipe is it smaller than the dia of the air flow MAF body ?.

My thoughts on this are,from the turbo to the air filter inlet pipe the system will be under vacuum with engine running.

So if your were to fit a ram air inlet pipe the level of vacuum would be less.

So the people that fit a air filer onto the MAF will have a lower vacuum at that point as there's no box for the filler or cold air inlet to that point that the air has to be pulled through.

So from the MAF to the turbo inlet flange there's always a vacuum there ,so if the MAF dia is larger than the dia of the turbo inlet flange,but the stock pipe is smaller than the MAF or the flange on the turbo ,fitting a pipe which would be the same size as the MAF would lower the vacuum level up to the point you get the the turbo inlet flange.

But the main point as I see it is the turbo inlet side is having to suck air through it,so if you can reduce the level of vacuum present by cutting down the drag on the air upto the turbo it will move more freely than it would otherwise do so.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

merc85 (Sunday 29th June 2014)

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    yes bud the stock pipe narrows quite abit just before the turbo where as the replacement doesn't

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    i wrecked my engine due to not compensating for the extra boost by fitting a 3" maf by simply turning it down, had i done that before driving it would have been ok

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post

Think again!

Thread Information