Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    ok mate

2. The Following User Says Thank You to merc85 For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Monday 30th June 2014)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Off topic but hardly the first....may I respectfully refer you gents to post 240 of the below...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...790#post721790

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Monday 30th June 2014),merc85 (Monday 30th June 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
    Off topic but hardly the first....may I respectfully refer you gents to post 240 of the below...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...790#post721790
    Ha ha I love it lol
    02 V40 T4
    Mods so far 17" Arcadia's ,jetex cat back ,forge dump valve and blanking plate with more to come

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    No, YOUR wrong!!

The ECU's reaction time (electronically) would always be constant. It commands the control of the TCV to open or close and it's the movement of the TCV (reaction time) which is slow. The IPD TCV uses better quality parts and as such, is designed to react quicker to the ECU's instruction.

....and your point is?

Take your head out his arse James, 960KG can fight his own corner!

Not very bright are you? Ever heard of 'sarcasm'?

Again, none of us are vehicle designers James, so what's your point?

Nah....more likely down to shear luck that your stupidity didn't cause an accident.

Well said.

Sorry Steve, gotta disagree with you on that one mate! A manufacturer wouldn't go out of it's way to make crap parts or design them in such a way that they physically fail due to poor design after a pre determined time, just so customers have to keep going back and purchase parts to replace failed ones.
    Ultimately it's down to cost! They must be able to manufacture a part that's fit for purpose, in the cheapest possible way that can guarantee it lasts at least the manufacturers warranty period. If it fails before then, it's at the manufactures loss - after that would be deemed as come to the end of it's natural life. If it exceeds that then your just bloody lucky!

It all boils down to cost. Manufacturers have to be able to design and build vehicles as cost effectively as possible and they must be able to stand the test of time and have longevity.
    Making a car or a part that means it's working to 100% its maximum ability will mean longevity will be out the window. That's why it's possible to MAP cars or what we would consider 'Improve' them....because there is always some headroom in which to work.

If an engine goes bang or the rods bent, then either the maximum threshold of the part and/or parts has been reached/exceeded or your just super unlucky and fatigue has contributed to the components failure.
    other factors would always play a part ie How has the car or part been looked after.

Frankie's engine went bang, as 960KG says, not because he fitted a larger bore hose/intake (whatever) but because he didn't dial in the MBC. Thou I do think something else may have played a part in it's demise, of which, we will never know. Possible fatigue? Worn internals already at the limit? weakest link letting go? Who knows?
    I'm not even going to bother replying to Lee's childish response.....

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    You just did.......with a childish response!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Ffs, is this still running?

Someone wake me up when the adults come back on the forum.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Ffs, is this still running?

Someone wake me up when the adults come back on the forum.
    Hope your not insinuating that I'm being childish?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    You are absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, an utter moron.

Up until a couple of months ago, I used to just sit back and rolls my eyes at the drivel you post, without commenting or jumping on the 'let James know what we think of him' bandwagon. Until you decided to poke me with your ££££ing stick that is.

Your most recent attention seeking attempt was because of 'bullying'. Pathetic. In the last month or so, every other post you cobble together is a deliberate attempt to provoke a reaction from someone, and when you get it, you claim your being bullied. You sad man.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

claymore (Tuesday 1st July 2014),LeeT5 (Tuesday 1st July 2014),MIKESC70T5 (Tuesday 1st July 2014),MoleT-5R (Tuesday 1st July 2014),Nealevo (Tuesday 1st July 2014),Sharkey R (Tuesday 1st July 2014),t5 pete (Tuesday 1st July 2014),Wombatbomb (Tuesday 1st July 2014)

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    I've tried helping lots of people on here with some useful advice, unfortunately some people don't see it like that.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Legal definition of cyber bullying

cyber bullying includes communication that seeks to intimate, control, manipulate, put down, falsely discredit or humiliate.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post

Up until a couple of months ago, I used to just sit back and rolls my eyes at the drivel you post, without commenting or jumping on the 'let James know what we think of him' bandwagon. Until you decided to poke me with your ££££ing stick that is.

Your most recent attention seeking attempt was because of 'bullying'. Pathetic. In the last month or so, every other post you cobble together is a deliberate attempt to provoke a reaction from someone, and when you get it, you claim your being bullied. You sad man.
    Chris , i for one value all that you say to do with motors and in the past was friendly to me also.......

But it is a shame you have joined in the Horrid Banter about a fellow member.......I myself don`t do banter or join in with anything to do with clicky inmates!........but i don`t like humiliation or rudeness to any Human Being so i say so, even though i am at the beginning no part of it.

Yes, i have been humiliated before by others on forums but only because i am rather straightforward with my knowledge and some don`t like it as they are not so practically gifted as some happen to be.....

.................................................. .......

So you have now had a bite, which is a shame as i thought you were far more intelligent than that!............Don`t forget those that are humiliated or have crap thrown at them they will retaliate in other ways to frustrated those that cause them harm.

Just look at the "Thanks" followers you have created..........it is really not funny or right.........if the tables were turned you would not like it!

So you have now added to the hate and it may only be stopped by Santa, which is a shame for this great forum of knowledge..........you note i say knowledge and not members!

Keith

.................................................. ...................................
    Last edited by 960kg; Tuesday 1st July 2014 at 10:51.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    .......I myself don`t do banter or join in with anything to do with clicky inmates!........
    I shall ask again as I didn't get a reply last time, who are the 'clicky inmates' 'chosen few' or 'magic circle' ??

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V70 Graham For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Tuesday 1st July 2014),merc85 (Tuesday 1st July 2014)

Owner of a SupeRioR
    Thanks
    I'm sorry but is this or is this not a forum where people are free to discuss subjects and voice opinions??? People will agree and disagree. It's how you deal with the disagreements that show the true character of people. Recently James has made some statements that weren't correct and when he was corrected he came back with a childish response.that will get peoples backs up so what does he expect. Chris has every right to voice his opinion and James has every right to respond. I made a statement recently that LeeT5 didn't agree with. I didn't respond by criticising him or insinuate that he was trying to put me down! I actually rephrased what I put in an attempt to try and get my point understood better. V70 Graham has had a lot of negative banter comments about his under bonnet trims, he hasn't gone around saying he a being bullied. If James replied to a thread with a correct statement no one would say anything. To say he is being bullied is a joke. Keith from the way I read this it appears to me that you are merely trying to stir things up. This is my opinion and I am utilising my right to voice it. You will disagree and I've no doubt have choice words to say about me and that is your democratic right but I'm not going to be childish about it.
    Doing my bit for the environment by driving a 'Green' car!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharkey R For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Tuesday 1st July 2014),merc85 (Tuesday 1st July 2014)

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    Quite frankly guys these sort of statements are not on. Want to disagree with someone/something then either do it respectfully or do it elsewhere!
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Just close the tread rich it's not going anywhere,

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jamest5r For This Useful Post:

MoleT-5R (Tuesday 1st July 2014),Pinup_gal (Tuesday 1st July 2014)

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Just read through it James and I completely agree!
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

dave_mito (Wednesday 2nd July 2014),Harvey (Tuesday 1st July 2014),Jamest5r (Tuesday 1st July 2014),M-R-P (Tuesday 1st July 2014),merc85 (Tuesday 1st July 2014),MoleT-5R (Tuesday 1st July 2014),Pinup_gal (Tuesday 1st July 2014),Sweep (Tuesday 1st July 2014)

Thread Information