Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

C70 T5 ME7 One large whiff of blue smoke on idle, then never returns?

Hi folks, during the usual drive home from work this evening, pulled up to a set of lights and after sitting for a few seconds a good whiff of blue smoke gets blown over the car (enough for the guy behind to warn me about it!) gave it a blip of the throttle and it cleared through, no eml, no running faults etc, it's never happened before and it didn't happen again for the remainder of the journey home. Anyone have any ideas what could be the issue? I've read about the valve stem seals but from past experience usually if they are worn smoke is emitted upon acceleration after a period on the overrun. I've also read about turbo issues too but it doesn't smoke when being booted and certainly has no power loss. What are your thoughts?

Adam

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Pcv mate

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

This user has no status

Thanks
    Ok thanks, is it just a matter of it being blocked then do you think? And it's just simply replacing the majority of the system to cure it? Maybe a stupid question but what would suddenly cause it to burn a load of oil and then be fine again?

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiec70 View Post
    Ok thanks, is it just a matter of it being blocked then do you think? And it's just simply replacing the majority of the system to cure it? Maybe a stupid question but what would suddenly cause it to burn a load of oil and then be fine again?
    Yep replace it all, oil gets forced back into the engine when the pressure is high like when your sitting in traffic

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

Thread Information