Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Thinking of selling, what's it worth?

Hi all,
    Thinking of selling weld in cage, in side a 850 r bare shell (ex Elliott), time constraints at work mean that I never have time to play with the volvo's anymore
    Bought it off Elliot with the idea of building it back up into a beast but in stark reality all it's done is sat around.

Just wondering what the t45 multi point cage is worth to someone ? (Ideal to take cage out and re-fit into another shell) any ideas greatly appreciated, car does have a carbon fibre roof panel which I would leave in and would come with doors/glass
    This isn't a for sale thread I'm just asking advice

Thanks
    Martin

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    i be interested in the cage but im not sure what it would be worth!! would be a lot of work to chop it out and put it in another? if its welded in and one peice then im sure its not just a case of popping it out lol.

would it not be worth selling it as a complete shell with cage intact?

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yes it would be sold as a complete shell with cage intact, I thought about chopping it out of the current shell, cutting along the welds in 3 or 4 places, flange it, then would go into another as a bolt in cage possibly. I just havnt got the time to take any kind of project on anymore

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    thats sad news mate,i dont have much spare time either but mines a second car so dont really need to rush anything anymore!! how much would be looking the shell intact?? just out of interest of course

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingbrick View Post
    would be a lot of work to chop it out and put it in another? if its welded in and one peice then im sure its not just a case of popping it out lol
    i think it'd be better to fit all the removable panels (wings, doors, bootlid, bumpers etc) onto the caged shell & get the welded panels (rear quarters) painted to match. Then fit all your running gear to that

6. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

theflyingbrick (Sunday 15th June 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I do have most panels, from the car but it's a shade a salmon pink, not the rich red it once was. This was how it looked inside

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    well the colouring is irrelevant as im looking to repaint mine anyways,but that is one sweet looking cage,do you still have the seats??

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yes I do have the seats they are currently in this, which has not turned a wheel in 18 months, and I'm not exaggerating. Criminal really 19t freshly forged engine less than 1500 miles on it, Quaife etc. no time to use! Name:  image.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  180.0 KB

This user has no status
    Thanks
    love that black estate
    1995 854 t5r

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin-t5r View Post
    Yes I do have the seats they are currently in this, which has not turned a wheel in 18 months, and I'm not exaggerating. Criminal really 19t freshly forged engine less than 1500 miles on it, Quaife etc. no time to use! Name:  image.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  180.0 KB
    wow mine was off the road since june 2013 but thats just crazy...18 months?? your as bad as p.fandango lol

Thread Information