Join Today
    Pfttt T4's aye

Thanks

B4194T2 owners help!!

I've recently bought a replacement engine advertised by a company as a B4194T2. The engine arrived in good condition and with 3 months warranty, the engine code sticker on the cam belt cover has been removed, and the stamped code on the block says B4194T! Does this mean I have a phase 1 lump or do the T2s have this aswell?
    Many thanks tom

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Phase 2 are vvt on the exhaust cam phase 1 don't have vvt

Pfttt T4's aye

Thanks
    Yes I know that mate, I was questioning whether it was a phase 1 or phase 1.5 (t2) as apossed to b4194t. It's definately not a b4204t5, that's the engine I'm replacing as it's absolutely poo!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    What happened to your engine .it is known that the early engine has a stronger bottom end and thicker piston walls because of the smaller cc true.but peeps still get good power out of the later t4s though .

Pfttt T4's aye

Thanks
    The previous owner lacked in servicing etc, and had a dodgy mechanic. I replaced everything almost except for the oil pump which gave up on the motorway and seized the lump pretty much, I've only ever had b4194t2s and am on my 8th t4. Hence the reason why I bough this one. Just wanted to make sure it was a T2 which now I'm almost certain of, as it has baffle sump etc.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi Tommy,
    I went past your way just two days ago but i missed your oily strip down the hard shoulder Lol.......

If you want to know how you can tell a B4194T engine from a B4194T2 ......both as you know 1855 with the stamp as you found on the back of the block saying B4194T on both the blocks .......but you will have to take the sump off and you will see on the T2 that there are cutouts around the main bearing blocks at the bottom of each pot to allow for more oil circulation which tends to keep the temp. down as these blocks are more highly tuneable and are the Holy Grail Of X40 engines.....
    Last edited by 960kg; Saturday 14th June 2014 at 19:10.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

Pfttt T4's aye

Thanks
    Thanks Keith, expensive oil that was too, now the motorway has it lol...,

Thread Information