Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red850Restate View Post
    Sorry to hijack thread, but andy have you had much experience with the additional oil cooler???thinking of this myself for ours. Not just because of a hike in power but we intend to tow with her next year so it is a must

Cheers
    I've got one fitted to mine and its the genuine Volvo accessory item, it is designed to fit 99 model V70 and C70 but goes in the 850 with a few tweaks, it still utilises the standard rad cooler so in a way you transmission oil temperatures should remain stable even when not towing or working the car hard. I'd go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sye73 View Post
    Thanks Andysr .. I agree that there seems to be no real reason why I shouldn't upgrade as per manual g/box. The reality is that I do not drive the car hard at all and any additional mods will be to make the best of the car I have. If the manifold ( or any other upgrades ) make the car drive 'better' I will consider them accordingly. Have posed questions to a couple of the other posters on the thread re g/box and whats involved, manifold fitting, bespoke maps etc ; will see what they have to say and see where we go from there.

Any suggestions of garages I could use that know 850's ? Any old school mechanics in the south east that understand these cars properly members could recommend pls?
    Tbh I'd say yes to all of your planned mods, everything I've done to mine I've noticed an improvement in the way it drives and the car seems to go better for it which I see as a positive, I'm not one for driving fast myself but its nice to have the poke when its required.

Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    I believe RT mechanics are supposed to know their stuff, may be worth contacting Judgeninja, as he's used them. (as have others)
    They do indeed but have moved away from modifying cars to just maintaining them unless you're already an existing customer, that said nothing wrong with calling Russ and asking though...

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

sye73 (Monday 23rd June 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers for yr thoughts andysr

Thread Information