Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks

adjustable fuel reg

having fitted an fse adjustable fuel reg I was wondering what the pressure should be at idle? it feels good at 3.2 bar but I don't want to wander to far off the standard pressures until its custom mapped,oh im running 19t and blues by the way

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    your best bet is to get it on the rolling road & get the AFR's set-up on there

3. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

theflyingbrick (Wednesday 4th June 2014)

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    yeah but im going racing sunday so haven't the time or the money lol that's why I thought just set it to "standard" pressure as to limit any damage I may or may not cause lol

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingbrick View Post
    yeah but im going racing sunday so haven't the time or the money lol that's why I thought just set it to "standard" pressure as to limit any damage I may or may not cause lol
    sounds a good (hopefully safe) plan

6. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Leave it standard mate, if anything put the standard one back on, mines standard with vxr injectors running my power/boost without problems,

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamest5r For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamest5r View Post
    Leave it standard mate, if anything put the standard one back on, mines standard with vxr injectors running my power/boost without problems,
    or fit a non-adjustable 3bar, again check AFR's afterwards

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamest5r View Post
    I would do mate but I only put the adjustable one as the original was knackered so thought it was a good idea to replace it with the adjustable is it 3bar at idle do you know?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to theflyingbrick For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Wednesday 4th June 2014)

If in doubt thrash it and see
    what happens
    Thanks
    The standard is 3 Bar so it would be sensible to stick at that untill you get it on the RR.
    At idle it should be running closed loop so excess fuelling "should" be resolve by the ECU turning down the duty cycle, within limits.
    The pressure is only going to make a massive difference when running on the map.

(Guys - please correct me if I am wrong on this - it is my understanding and I have been known to be wrong)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to woz For This Useful Post:

theflyingbrick (Thursday 5th June 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    It's 3 bar at 0 manifold pressure so if your idle is approx -20hg you want your fuel pressure at about 2.3 bar

If in doubt thrash it and see
    what happens
    Thanks
    If the issue is HOW to adjust it, rather than what to set it to, couldn't you just set it at 3 bar with the ign on but engine off?? (i.e manifold pressure= atmoshperic)

Mike is right, because the standard reg is designed to keep it at 3 Bar relative to the manifold, not the atmnosphere - that is what the pipe going to the back of it does.

Or simply disconnect that wee pipe before adjusting it? (assume the adjustble reg has the balancing pipe on it??)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woz For This Useful Post:

claymore (Thursday 5th June 2014),theflyingbrick (Thursday 5th June 2014)

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    I would do mate but I only put the adjustable one as the original was knackered so thought it was a good idea to replace it with the adjustable is it 3bar at idle do you know?
    3 bar at idle with the vacuum pipe disconnected.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

18. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    3 bar at idle with the vacuum pipe disconnected.
    do I leave the vaccum pipe open or blank it off?

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 850 View Post
    It's 3 bar at 0 manifold pressure so if your idle is approx -20hg you want your fuel pressure at about 2.3 bar
    mine idles at -10hg!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    I think it should be around -20hg and you want the VAC connected its what keeps the fuel pressure inline with the manifold pressure

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    hmm ok so is there something wrong then?? and now im confused,do I adjust at idle with the vacuum line on or off??

This user has no status

Thanks
    Lol, sorry for confusing, you want to set the fuel pressure with it disconnected so its not on a vacuum, then plug it back in again, pressure should naturally drop because the manifold is in vacuum. Last 3 t5's I've had all idle about - 20 to - 24inhg

24. The Following User Says Thank You to mike 850 For This Useful Post:

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    ok cheers ill have a play about tomorrow I used to just adjust it until it felt ok but seeing as im racing it sunday I don't want to take any chances!! regards the vaccum mine used to idle at -20hg but since the work its now -10 so im not sure what would make it different but there you go lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    What work did you do? Possible air leak?

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    nah theres no air leaks the only thing that's changed from the last set up is na cams and light weight pulley!! but ill double check leaks anyways

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    ok cheers ill have a play about tomorrow I used to just adjust it until it felt ok but seeing as im racing it sunday I don't want to take any chances!! regards the vaccum mine used to idle at -20hg but since the work its now -10 so im not sure what would make it different but there you go lol
    Have you fitted a freer flowing air filter?

Thread Information