Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

v 70 r phase 1 1998 stainless steel exhaust recommendation?

i have recentrly purchased a 1998 v 70 r - my third volvo.

It needs a new exhaust - from the cat back.

A local company, in glasgow, quoted me £350 for a custom made cat back stainless system - i am tempted.

The only "off the shelf" system i found on google was a jetex, for around £380.

I am interested in finding out what systems you guys have used.

I am looking for a system which is as quiet as standard - or possibly slightly louder. - i want it to be quiet when cruising on the motorway etc.

I am wondering what diameter pipework to have? 2.5 inch, or possibly 3 inch?

I am wondering if i should keep the two silencers - or possibly just one?

I want it to look standard - just one tailpipe on the left hand side.

Thoughts and advice please?

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    The one I have on HotRod is a 2.5in cat back stainless jobbie. It was already fitted to the car when I bought it and seems pretty well made - its nice and quiet most of the time and only gets vocal if you boot it. Its possibly quieter than standard?! I have a receipt from a company called BlueFlame for it, not sure if they still do them as its 5 years old or so.

I've just bought a Jetex one for my V70R AWD and that looks very good. Got it secondhand so its worth looking around for one. Again, a stainless jobbie, but this time twin exit. I believe BSR are rebranded Jetex ones? Other options are Ferrita, TME and at one point Milltek, although the Milltek ones aren't available any more. All are more expensive than the Jetex one.

Re 2.5 or 3in dia... It depends upon your plans. If you're going to tune it up to 300+ bhp then a 3in system would be better, however anything less than that should be better with a 2.5in system - and quieter too.

HTH
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:

leonard (Thursday 5th June 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I used a stainless Jetex CAT back system on my 850 t5, then when I got rid of that I transfered the same system onto the S70 t5. The exhaust note is much the same as standard when just cruising round on normal driving, has a rather sweet tone to it when cruising on motorway and only just passed the noise level requirements for the last track day I did when giving it a boot full.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handyandyrta For This Useful Post:

leonard (Thursday 5th June 2014),RollingThunder (Wednesday 4th June 2014)

Thread Information