Join Today

Thread: Edde - S60 D5

This user has no status

Thanks

Edde - S60 D5

So now the cars finally clean on the outside i thought i would share a few pictures and possible plans for the old girl in the not too distant future.

A few basic details about the car;

53 plate
    164,000 miles
    163bhp version

And now the not so good bits I need to fix/address

Big ole gash on the rear passenger door, need to find a breaker replacement

Rear bumper took a slight nudge and distorted, easy fix?

Old baked on wax to the trim, tried to shift the stuff but nothings worked yet

Centre console is broken and in bad nick, so a replacement needed again

So, as for changes and what not I'm simply trying to get it working as it should for now before i consider anything too extreme. A rough break down of this is;

New siren kit to fix the alarm fault code
    Clean EGR mixer pipe, identify perished pipes and replace as neccesary
    Replace rear passenger door and centre console
    Clean interior and engine bay up

Once all the bases those bases are covered I may look into some OEM 17 alloys to replace the heavily kerbed ones i have and a possible remap to around 200bhp. However, with the engine on 164,000 miles I'm not sure that's wise and possibly inviting calamity.

Look forward to comments and suggestions

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Beautiful car, the cosmetics arent too bad and I'm sure youll have it sorted in no time.

Heres a few things i can suggest...

1. EGR. The metal pipe with the oil covering it. Remove it and clear all the ports and the inlet to the top of the engine. This is a really messy job.
    2. Injectors. A known issue with the 163, pull the plastic cover off the engine and look around the injectors for wet patches. If you see wetness around the injectors, they need removing and new seals fitting. Ive done this before and can go through the fix with you if you like.
    4. Fuel filter. Change it.
    3. The center console is pretty rare so think about swapping it for one from a V70 as theyre a different design and readily available.
    4. Tuning. Ive seen a 160k mile D5 make 177bhp and 343ft/lb on a dyno with a simple Dti Tuning box fitted and believe me, it was nice and quick on the road. The thing with tuning a D5 is the intercooler can balloon and split but it's not unusual for this to happen on abstandard D5 so take your chances with that one.
    There's other things to check like vacuum system, the engine mounts run from the vac system and cause weird problems if you don't know what you'relooking at. If its pre-2004, there are electrical things to look for, the main one being weirdness with the speedo.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    The centre consoles always break on the pre facelift S60's, our R is the same. Nice looking car BTW.

Thread Information