Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    I think with the V50 2.0D, the message you get is this:

http://www.dpf-busters.co.uk/images/...or_message.jpg

The car may also appear to drive normally. If it does, that's good. Keep driving, don't switch off. After about 15-20minutes the light should then go out.
    Best to be driving at a sustained medium speed, about 40-50mph in 5th (not 6th). This raises the exhaust temp and aids DPF regeneration.

If the light changes to red or starts flashing then it's too late. Not sure if it flashes on a V50 but it does in most other cars.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for that info.

We had a notification saying 'book time for a service' which was on for just over a week, along with the exclamation sign in the middle, but this was not on constant or flashing red. I'm not one to panic when warning lights come on, unless it specifically advises to switch off engine and get recovered and my Mrs doesn't panic neither.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by handyandyrta View Post
    Thanks for that info.

We had a notification saying 'book time for a service' which was on for just over a week, along with the exclamation sign in the middle, but this was not on constant or flashing red. I'm not one to panic when warning lights come on, unless it specifically advises to switch off engine and get recovered and my Mrs doesn't panic neither.
    just make sure you check your oil level every few weeks with a diesel. you will then notice the level rise if its trying to do to many regens and also if the level drops as diesel can also burn oil so its important to keep a eye on it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 877 Posts
    going to look at a V50 2.4 D5 this morning..................not too confident after reading this!! lol

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    going to look at a V50 2.4 D5 this morning..................not too confident after reading this!! lol
    It's fine for long runs mate, it's just if it spends its time on stop start journeys around town that you'll get problems. But then if you take it for a regen blast once a week, then should be fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 877 Posts
    well it went for a blast this morning!!

lol

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    It's fine for long runs mate, it's just if it spends its time on stop start journeys around town that you'll get problems. But then if you take it for a regen blast once a week, then should be fine.
    yeah and if it's got that crappy 'stop/start' technology.....TURN IT OFF!!!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

in the dog house
    Thanks
    Just a quicky did the car drive fine prior to service and did
    you have any eml lights on ? The reason for this question is of the car drove without fault and no lights on i doubt
    there was anything wrong with the dpf as it would thro a light up if there was as part of emission control and even if the 'fat' was low it would pop a light on to may have just needed a thrash up road to force a regen

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moosepowerlee View Post
    Just a quicky did the car drive fine prior to service and did
    you have any eml lights on ? The reason for this question is of the car drove without fault and no lights on i doubt
    there was anything wrong with the dpf as it would thro a light up if there was as part of emission control and even if the 'fat' was low it would pop a light on to may have just needed a thrash up road to force a regen
    That's what worries me about it even now. There was only the notification light with the message saying 'Book time for a service' which was on for about 1 week before it broke. I did book the car in for a service, but it was too late. The car was actually getting a thrashing by my Mrs on her way home from work off nightshift, she was playing with a boy racer in a suped up focus.
    Even though we have had engine replaced and a new DPF fitted, I still do not trust that it won't happen again!

Thread Information