Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Inter cooler suggestions on d5

Just wondering will this bigger inter cooler suit my car as I think standard one is leaking as boost is all over when accelerating all hoses are spotless

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.u...et-outlet.html
    Cars
    2001 C70 2.0lpt Silver 163bhp

2005 S60 D5 SE Black 163bhp - Dyno'd 191.8Bhp 290 FTH

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plodmonkey View Post
    Just wondering will this bigger inter cooler suit my car as I think standard one is leaking as boost is all over when accelerating all hoses are spotless

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.u...et-outlet.html
    that looks tiny, it may be a more efficient intercooler but being 1/3 of the size of the original can't be good

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plodmonkey View Post
    Would it not be better to have the car smoke leak tested and properly diagnosed, rather than just spending a bucket load of money on a hunch!! (Reminds me of someone else on the forum, and it's got them nowhere!)
    After all, if you say the boost hoses are all spotless, then I doubt it's your IC. Probably just a vacuum leak or split vac hose. If it's not your IC then you'll be wasting your money and the car will still drive crap.

Oh yeah £50 for an IC = cheap chinese rubbish!!
    Last edited by LeeT5; Wednesday 4th June 2014 at 13:05.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Trader
    Ready for the weekend
    Thanks
    if it is a 2001-2002 model without the sensor on lower pipe you can use the do88 intercooler. they are the same.
    I sold one and the customer reported it felt much better after fitting. his car runs higher boost so again, the more mods the more benefit.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well I want a aftermarket one but can't seem to find and that will fit the d5 so was looking at the ones for vags and a few of my friends have used these intercooler a on there a4 3ltr tdi's
    Cars
    2001 C70 2.0lpt Silver 163bhp

2005 S60 D5 SE Black 163bhp - Dyno'd 191.8Bhp 290 FTH

Thread Information