Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

C70 2003 convertible leaky window.

Now having owned C70's before I had one with slight wind noise but that was it, however on my new one when travelling above 50 you can hear wind it comes from just up from the passenger mirror and you can feel the lip of the window, the door likes are all aligned, but it looks like the previous owners have had the internal door panels of as the inside rubber that goes over the door isn't actually over it properly and the interior mirror panel cover was loose.

When the cars standing still and it's raining the water gets in, just the other day my floor mat was socked from it and the door, it's quite worrying considering the speakers etc are there. Anyoje had a similar problem before I take it to volvo and no doubt get charged a mortgage to get it sorted.

Cheers,
    Paul

This user has no status
    Thanks
    There is a slight bit of adjustment available on the windows but not much. Had a similar problem on my rag top. If you have a good indy near you I would take in and explain the problem, they should be able to sort it.

for reference, when mine got soaked through the drivers side window, I took it to my local indy, he took out the carpets and dried them and the car out, he also found the foam insulation inside the door was not fixed properly which allowed water to drip down the inside of the door panel.

The door insulation had to be shipped in direct from Sweden (which took a week), he also adjusted the window as much as he could, did a couple of leak tests and the total cost was £280.

Considering the amount of work involved I felt that was a fair price for a good job done and no more leaks

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, after further inspection today as it's hammering down it only seems to be coming through part of the rubber to the dry sponge cloth like seal a channel of wetness can be seen it's about an inch wide. So maybe it has a tiny hole in, however I have no idea what the rubber seal is called. The one that goes up from the wing mirror which goes all the way above the door

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It sounds more like the window seal isn't seated properly. 1 small hole would let in that much water.

Is the rubber seal still reasonably soft? If it is bit 'stiff' you could try some Gummi Pflege on it to restore the flexibility.

The problem is, there is not a lot of room for error with the windows so if the seal isn't fitted properly and/or the window isn't closing fully it is going to be a problem.

Pity your are the other end of the country, it would be a lot easier to show you mine and explain the problem better.

This user has no status

Thanks
    The window appears to shut perfectly it goes right up lines up with the wing mirror etc, might be worth buying the seal, I've bought that pfledge last night I'll try that but honestly it's driving me bananas lol.

and thanks very much for the offer much appreciated! But like you say shame I'm on the otherside of the country

Thread Information