Join Today
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Looks like a nice job done there with the calipers Chris, bet you can't wait to get them back and on the car again

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    S60 dropped off at the Bodyshop this morning.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Had the door trims, side skirts, rear bumper and rear spoiler painted. Also had the spoiler smoothed out on the top, as I wasn't happy with the original finish.

Really pleased now, it's transformed the car!

A wash and quick detail:

In a couple of weeks I'll be heading up to Tims to have the new calipers fitted and the TME catback.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Sunday 8th February 2015),jamesy12345 (Sunday 7th June 2015),jimka (Sunday 8th February 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Update time!

The S60 had been with Tim, not for anything major, just a few niggles, bits and bobs.

* Swap calipers for newly refurbished items
    * Fit TME cat-back
    * Fit facelift armrest/centre console
    * Sort drivers door electrics (connection issue somewhere)
    * Get shot of rattling underneath the car
    * Replace gearbox cables

Just sorting a few issues and making a couple of minor changes has made such a huge difference. The gear change is so much better now than it used to be, the gearstick almost felt like it was sat in treacle previously, something I just lived with, but now Tim's changed the cables it's spot on. No annoying rattle from under the car when pulling away now either.

I've had a brand new facelift centre console sat in the garage for donkeys. I also had a second hand one complete with the armrest, sliding tray, etc to swap over. Turns out on the second hand one I had the handbrake gaiter and aluminium sliding tray were toast. So this ended up being an expensive excercise! But I'm well chuffed with it, updates the interior nicely!

I always wanted a TME cat-back from day one. But ended up with the Feritta out of convenience. There's nothing wrong with the Feritta at all, except I was never a fan of the tail pipes, and arguably it's a little too quiet. The TME looks so much nicer and just sounds that tiny bit angrier than the Feritta, it's perfect!

And then the calipers Nothing else to say really.

Well it's very nearly finished. I just need to fit the 20gb juke box that has been collecting dust for god knows how long, re-trim steering wheel and gearstick and I think I will have officially finished the S60! I'm very, very pleased. It's absolutely perfect now.

Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Wednesday 23rd December 2015),jamesy12345 (Sunday 7th June 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

claymore (Sunday 7th June 2015),Harvey (Sunday 7th June 2015),LeeT5 (Wednesday 10th June 2015),Nealevo (Sunday 7th June 2015),stephenevans99 (Sunday 7th June 2015),The Flying Moose (Sunday 7th June 2015)

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Nice one matey! Now what to do with it....

Agreed with the TME exhaust, the ferrita one looks odd compared to the TME, somehow it looks like it fits better.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

S70T5Chris (Sunday 7th June 2015)

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,332 Posts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doingitsideways For This Useful Post:

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Looking great as always Chris. Though it means nothing as you didn't do the work yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
    Nice one matey! Now what to do with it....

Agreed with the TME exhaust, the ferrita one looks odd compared to the TME, somehow it looks like it fits better.
    What looks odd about it?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    I have TME on my 850 and its sounds epic on WOT, the car is looking good matey. Well worth the effort.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nealevo For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    How GOOD does that look!!! Got to be one of if not the best looking S60R's I've seen, everything is done properly and nothing is ott yet the car still has the oem look.. Awesome Chris just awesome! I can see why you feel it's nearly done, I can't see anything that the car needs!

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Looking great as always Chris. Though it means nothing as you didn't do the work yourself.

Well, I cleaned it myself!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

stribo (Sunday 7th June 2015)

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    What looks odd about it?
    For me it's probably the combination of the thickness of the pipes (rolled tips?) and the distance they come out. I prefer the thinner walled and further in TME tailpipe.

But it's not my car so it doesn't matter what I think, as long as owners are happy with their (hard earned, I'm guessing these things aren't cheap) mods then that is all that matters.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Does look very lush! Maybe a better back drop next time.

The Volvo with a 'twist'!
    Thanks
    Looking great matey, this has to be one of my favourite S60s.

I reckon, to finish off the inside you need to install the P2.5 dash so you have the aluminium trim around the radio etc too

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AcidicDavey For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicDavey View Post
    Looking great matey, this has to be one of my favourite S60s.

I reckon, to finish off the inside you need to install the P2.5 dash so you have the aluminium trim around the radio etc too
    It's crossed my mind, but how much of a collosal agro is that gonna be?! Course, not that I'd be doing it like

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
    For me it's probably the combination of the thickness of the pipes (rolled tips?) and the distance they come out. I prefer the thinner walled and further in TME tailpipe.

But it's not my car so it doesn't matter what I think, as long as owners are happy with their (hard earned, I'm guessing these things aren't cheap) mods then that is all that matters.
    Yeah, I can see what you're saying, but now the car spits flames, with the pipes being out further, the bumper won't get burnt.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Sunday 7th June 2015),S70T5Chris (Sunday 7th June 2015)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Yeah, I can see what you're saying, but now the car spits flames, with the pipes being out further, the bumper won't get burnt.
    Sharkey was commenting on my bsr exhaust at BKV, as it's quite short with no over hang and fits nicely. Out of the 4 p2rs I've had it's the nicest sound I reckon, slightly better than the ferrita.

One of the BKV judges commented on the sound as I left, he quite liked apparently.

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    Sharkey was commenting on my bsr exhaust at BKV, as it's quite short with no over hang and fits nicely. Out of the 4 p2rs I've had it's the nicest sound I reckon, slightly better than the ferrita.

One of the BKV judges commented on the sound as I left, he quite liked apparently.
    I hope you're not saying the BSR sounds better than the Ferrita, we bought the Ferrita from you.

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    It's crossed my mind, but how much of a collosal agro is that gonna be?! Course, not that I'd be doing it like
    I don't think its worth the hassle, that centre console has freshened the interior up incredibly, it just shows how that detail enhanced the face lift interior, doing round the stereo would look nice but the gains would be minimal when comparing it to the console change. Loving your brakes BTW red always suits a car! I had mine removed last night ready to be sent for paint... not going for red though.
    Thanks
    Martyn

31. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    The finish looks great on the bumper infill trims,exhaust tips look spot on to me,the center console makes such a difference great work.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

Thread Information