Join Today
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The BoneWagon

This user has no status

Thanks
    Love the birch steering wheel its exactly what I am lookin for . For my saffy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to abdul For This Useful Post:

RollingThunder (Thursday 11th December 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Anyone ever selling birch interior trim plsgiveme a shout

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abdul View Post
    Anyone ever selling birch interior trim plsgiveme a shout
    You'll be lucky mate, I've never seen one for sale. Frankie dropped me a PM when he decided to get rid of his, but other than that I've never seen or heard about one being for sale - even searching ebay US/Germany/Sweden etc etc.

I'm having a similarly difficult time getting hold of the last piece - the auto selector lever.
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
    You'll be lucky mate, I've never seen one for sale. Frankie dropped me a PM when he decided to get rid of his, but other than that I've never seen or heard about one being for sale - even searching ebay US/Germany/Sweden etc etc.

I'm having a similarly difficult time getting hold of the last piece - the auto selector lever.
    That's the second one I've sold LOL

6. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

RollingThunder (Friday 12th December 2014)

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    Which accounts for the worldwide shortage - you've got the global stock in your lockup

You haven't got an auto gear selector lever in light birch have you????

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    No sorry

9. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    Enjoy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abdul For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
    Indeed, usually I'm extremely thorough and pedantic, just that this time everything has been chaotic for several months, and I bought it off a VOC member who I trusted Still seriously miffed about it, but at least it isn't a show stopper.
    As the seller, I see I'm even getting a slating on this forum, too.At least you haven't called me a dimwit on here yet given that you told everyone my welding skills and mechanical skills were "a couple of points below dimwit" on the VOC.That's some accusation given that I don't even know you and you would have no knowledge at all of my mechanical and welding experience.

Everyone is free to pop over to the VOC and have a read up.I won't have my name dragged through the mud and listen to suggestions of "legal action" over a car which I sold for the price I was offered for the seats and bumper.

I will post all our PM's if needs be.

I asked on the VOC how much to charge for the car, still sold it to you for less, answered all your Q's, offered to pay for a vehicle check, explained about every single issue I was aware of via well over a dozen PM's and in the original advert (the last owner told me of none of the issues and I paid a lot more for it) and I then dropped the price further for you so should she not be worthy of saving, you could break her and wouldn't have lost out.

You were delighted with the price, delighted with me and delighted once the car arrived.It was a perfectly working car with some faults and I listed all I knew.You could have still driven this car anywhere (it took me to hospital and back for weeks not long before I sold it), so let's not pretend that all the thousands you have decided to throw at it have been the difference between the life and death of this vehicle.

I listed items that many wouldn't have bothered to list as faults and I had no idea about the dent underneath.As mentioned on the VOC, maybe your car collector did it by driving over the bricks behind the wheels on my angled drive? They were in almost the exact same place when I came home (after leaving the keys etc outside for you to make collection easier).I also told you that I hate to mess people around and waste peoples time, so, as you were a Volvo fanatic and there was a chance in your care that this car would be brought back to its former glory, I refused other offers and let you have it for the price of a bumper and seats.

I then find out I am being called names, may face legal action and have gone from someone you couldn't thank enough via PM, to someone you are fuming at and no longer trust.

I'm a 1300+, 100% perfect feedback, ebay kind of guy who was told "you will never make a car dealer as you are too honest" when a Mitsubishi dealer came to collect my 4x4.Not once, not ever, in all my 44 years on this planet has someone had cause to moan about anything I have sold - untill now.

What a truly sad state of affairs.
    Last edited by Boomy; Sunday 14th December 2014 at 23:52.

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    Your only contribution to the forum is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomy View Post
    What a truly sad state of affairs.
    Well thats something we finally agree on

Sorry fellas, this guy has been having a bit of a bicker over on VOC and is now following me over here. No doubt he's frantically trying to track me down on all the other forums too. Good luck with that one - I'm on various Volvo forums, LandRover forums, motorbike forums, general mechanics forums, current affairs forums, local forums... I wonder if he speaks Welsh?

I'd also warmly welcome you all over to my 'other' build thread on VOC - its pretty much the same as this one, but as I didn't cut/paste all the content there may be minor differences. I think many of you are also VOC members - sorry if you aren't, you'll need to log in as its under the Showroom area.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=215992 The rant starts at entry 50.

I'm not going to be pasting explanations or indeed replies to this chap all over the place as frankly I've got better things to do. All I'll say is that everything I've described has been accurate and I have not been libelous at any point*, so forum admins, no need to worry As you all know I'm a bit of a picture whore and have many many photos taken during the work to back up what has been said

On the upside, thats one less Christmas card to send out

* Did I mention I studied Business Law at uni?

This user has no status

Thanks
    I think the last post on the VOC says it all.But as you won't answer my questions there, let me just post here to make sure others know what you are like.

Rather than talk to me (another Volvo fan and forum user) you sought legal action over a scrap value car and due to a couple of assumptions!!!
    Rather than talk to me (as we had been doing for weeks in a friendly manner) you called me names and declared me untrustworthy.
    Rather than speak to me in a decent manner over this, you post things like you have above, yet again showing your true colours.

I love the way you started your latest posting (the one where you have suggested slagging me off on various other forums) with "Sorry fellas".It's as though you are trying to win people over and get some form of virtual family on-side.I doubt anyone is interested in you or I, but they should know what to expect if they sell something to you in the future, so the updates and ignored questions remain on the VOC if anyone cares.
    Last edited by Boomy; Saturday 20th December 2014 at 11:42.

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    Finally had time to repair the tailgate trim panel yesterday using one of the PFV kits. Only took 10-15 mins to repair the trim and refit it and it was well worth doing. Its lovely not having that rattling and chirping all the time Also changed the rear wiper arm as the tensioning spring was a bit weak - there was very little pressure on the wiper blade, so it was very hit and miss as to whether flicking the wiper on would make any difference lol. I was going to fit a new OEM arm but then I remembered what I'd done with my old 850R - fitted a Clio MkIII arm instead. £10 v £35... So with a new arm fitted using the rear wiper actually does some good!

Staying on the wiper theme, the passenger side front washer failed a few days ago when it was a bit frosty. Turns out the non return valve under the washer jet had split, so using the washer resulted in most of the fluid being sprayed around the engine bay. Swapped it with a spare one and thats that sorted.

Got the overhauled propshaft back yesterday too, so I need to get that fitted soon. Can't wait to see what the AWD system brings to the car (apart from fragility, painful bills, etc etc lol).

This user has no status

Thanks
    Where did u get the clio wiper arm from

The Volvo with a 'twist'!
    Thanks

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AcidicDavey For This Useful Post:

abdul (Tuesday 20th January 2015)

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    As Dave says, loads on ebay. I paid about £10 for mine including the wiper blade and postage which I thought was great. Not branded, but well made and it does the job

I'll get a pic when I clean the car next. The only thing to note is that the Clio arm is an inch or so shorter than a V70/850 arm, so you lose about an inch off the swept arc. No biggie though.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:

abdul (Tuesday 20th January 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for the link

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    Finally got a pic of the 2003 spec Clio wiper on the back!

Name:  clio-wiper.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  296.0 KB

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    Had the odd hour or so this weekend, so removed the trip computer INFO switch and cleaned up the contacts etc as described here http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/for...hp?f=1&t=22188 Really easy 10 min job that one, just don't lose that spring for the reset button. At last the trip computer reads something other than DISC - previously I had to push the knob in for it to display any useful info.

Then I replaced a couple of the dash switch illumination bulbs as described here http://www.atthetipwebs.com/technolo...itch_bulbs.htm The bulbs came from Maplins and are part number BT43 (12v 60mA) at £1.29 each http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/12v-wire-terminal-type-bt43w . A bit pricey but I wanted to see if they were the correct part more than anything. The glass is a bit taller than the bulbs fitted at the factory, but the Maplins ones fitted ok. I'll be able to compare the brightness v OEM tomorrow night. Its another easy job - in fact I reckon it took longer getting the switches out of the dash than it took to swap out the bulbs!

I also replaced the fuel filler flap bracket/spring last weekend. A masterclass in how NOT to do it The metal flap is secured by two torx screws into the bracket, so I removed those first, then realised that the flap actually fits around the bracket you can't remove the flap from the bracket while its mounted on the body. To remove the bracket from the car you need to punch through the plastic centre pins, which are then lost. The new part comes with new plastics clips complete with the pins. So to mount the new bracket, you simply offer up the part to the body, align the plastic clips and pop the centre pins into place. Viola, the new bracket is now attached and quite secure. Which is exactly what I did... Remember I said you can't remove the flap from the bracket while the bracket is on the car? Obviously the reverse applies - you cannot attach the flap with the bracket on the car either. Doh!!! So I had to punch through those pins once again, remove the bracket, fit the flap, then refit the bracket to the car. As I couldn't find the pins I used a couple of small screws to secure the bracket - no problem as they bite into the plastic expansion clips rather than into the bodywork. I couldn't believe I'd done that, especially after making a mental note of the assembly order! In my defence, it was bitterly cold and raining and I had a break half time for a nice warm cuppa - and promptly forgot to fit the flap onto the bracket first

I've now booked the car into the garage to have the propshaft refitted, and to have some uprated front brakes fitted - I've bought some Black Diamond slotted discs and some Ferodo DS2500 pads. I was going to fit some Plod spec pads but as many of you rate the DS2500s highly I thought I'd give them a go. Should be a potent combination hopefully. I'm sure you're wondering why I'm asking my spannerman to do this for me - quite simply, with the old blue V70R and the Disco on the driveway I'm forced to work out on the street, and I really really don't fancy having the car up on axle stands with me underneath it when there are so many dickheads tearing up and down the street. It can be a bit of a rat run at times and although its a 20 zone, you're lucky if they're only doing 30!

And finally, after meeting Pete a few weeks ago, I've bought some Wurth plastic dye to bring the mudflaps back to life. When I saw Pete's 850 I was amazed at how 'new' the plastic trim looked - he said he used the Wurth stuff, so I'm going to give it a go when it warms up a bit (you can't use it below 7 degrees according to the instructions). If that tunrs out ok I'll have a look at the engine bay plastics and see if they can be titillated a bit

Other than that the cars been running fine. We had a weekend down in South Wales last week and so travelled around 700 miles in the three days. Sadly it wasn't a trip we wanted to make as it was to a funeral of a beloved family member so it was very sombre and emotional. I'd decided not to put the new number plates on the car, as they're emblazoned with 'The BoneWagon' lol. She'd have laughed at the irony, but I thought better of it. Economy wise, its pretty stable at 24.5mpg over a typical week. The weekend jaunt returned 28.9 over the trip which is slightly less than I was hoping for but still not bad. So despite the original troubles, she's slowly turning into a pretty decent car. Still lots to sort out, including that rear bumper that is a real eyesore to me, but we're getting there.
    Last edited by RollingThunder; Sunday 1st February 2015 at 16:56.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Monday 2nd February 2015),t5 pete (Sunday 1st February 2015)

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    A quick update on the bulbs - they're a perfect match for OEM So what you need is a 3mm 12v 60mA 'wired in' bulb. I've just bought a job lot from China so will be offering them for sale at a bargain price in due course

The Volvo with a 'twist'!
    Thanks
    What bulbs did you order from China Sam? Do you have a link?
    I ask because I bought a pack of 50 and they looked great to begin with but dimmed and burnt out in a matter of weeks

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    Poop! Thanks for that lol. Linky - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111023874688

Hope they last longer than a few weeks!

Thread Information