Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The BoneWagon

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hows the bonewagon

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
    Sadly, the Valkyries have been vanquished. The roaring, snorting barnstormer has been neutered. It was the engine mount causing the cacophony after all - the new mount has all but taken it all away, so BoneWagon is now a quiet cruiser once again. No more BTCC impersonation No more ringing ears lol.

On the upside, my mechanic also fitted my birch steering wheel (thanks again Frankie!). Its the finishing touch and makes the cabin look lurvely - if you like light birch

Attachment 27661
    Love the birch interior

This user has no status

Thanks
    God willing getting a full set off birch interior pieces

This user has no status

Thanks
    Anyone know whats happened with this car

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    Still menacing the M1

Not done a great deal to it since really, simply because I've been short of time - and dosh (I've had a £4k pay cut - thanks for that). I've installed a Blaupunkt DAB radio oh and fitted some Black Diamond discs on the front, but apart from that its been uneventful. The BD discs are superb by the way, I can highly recommend them, just be warned that they're fractionally wider than OEM so new pads are nigh on impossible to fit Anyway, apart from that they are superb.

The only real blemish of note is an oil leak at the front of the engine, under the intake manifold. I've had it since day one, and its bugged me daily, but I just haven't had the time to pull the front off the engine to take a look, so I've spent a fortune in oil lol. Still haven't painted the back bumper or fitted the XC70 front bumper - but they'll wait til the spring now. Oh yes, the rear roller cover did the hari kari on me a few months ago - the springs snapped so it wouldn't tension or retract. Luckily my neighbour was scrapping his old 850 estate at about the same time and he gave me his roller cover which fits fine. Its not identical in shape or colour, but its near enough.

Re the birch interior, yes I'm still loving every minute of it. The birch dash & black paintwork make a stunning combination IMHO. Am I sad for looking at it every day and thinking 'wow'?

I've sort of lost the love for the wheels though. I still prefer the old Satellites and with hindsight I should have kept my old ones and had them refurbished, but I've spent too much on the BBS ones to change them again now.

So yes, the Bonewagon is very much alive and well. Thanks for remembering it!
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:

abdul (Thursday 26th November 2015),craigoodwood (Friday 27th November 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Managex to get a full set birch interior just the auto selector is a bit darker

This user has no status

Thanks
    Was there a light and dark birch interior

This user has no status

Thanks
    Managed to get hold off a full set it seems to be much lighter compared to the pictures of rolling thunders

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    Might just be the lighting in the pics?

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:

abdul (Friday 27th November 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Its probably the lightning in the pictures just yours seems to be very yellow compared to mine

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    Out of curiosity I checked it in the daylight - they're not yellowy at all, def a pale IKEA type wood lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:

abdul (Saturday 28th November 2015)

Thread Information