Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yay....it's fixed
    Thanks

Remapping 2005 v70 r in Scotland

Does anyone have any advice or good experiences with any remapping companies north if the border. Thanks

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Craig where is your saffy now? I think I have a photo of it in my phone.... Kalmar union can send you a MTE map, that's your easiest option.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Gizza job!
    Thanks
    Your best bet would be to speak to Dream3r (John) about this.

He's just over the border in Berwick but he could maybe come to you.

Yay....it's fixed
    Thanks
    I have a few things done to the car, elevate air management system, a 200 cell sports cat courtesy if Graeme Welch and an ipd cat back system. So I think I would like to try a rolling road re-map if possible.

Yay....it's fixed
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Craig where is your saffy now? I think I have a photo of it in my phone.... Kalmar union can send you a MTE map, that's your easiest option.
    Hi mate sold the saffy to a guy in Peterhead. Just have my 2005 R now.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    As has been previously mentioned I can provide a genuine Swedish written MTE map for your car which you install yourself using MTE's unique Softloader device as an interface between your car's OPBD port and an XP or Window's 7 (32 bit) equipped laptop.

Presently I charge £395 including VAT for MTE's calibrations that will give you outputs of 335bhp with 480nm of torque. You pay a fully returnable deposit of £155 for the loan of the Softloader interface.

If you check here on the site of IPD, MTE's North American distributor you will find some informative videos on their Softloader system: http://www.ipdusa.com/products/4669/...ent-flash-tune

Please call me on 01494 785508 if I can cover any other points...... or email me... don@kalmar-union.com

Regards, Don.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post:

expolicev70t5 (Friday 9th May 2014),volvokid (Friday 9th May 2014)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigtange View Post
    I have a few things done to the car, elevate air management system, a 200 cell sports cat courtesy if Graeme Welch and an ipd cat back system. So I think I would like to try a rolling road re-map if possible.

If i was you id go for a proven map from don. Get the car on a local.dyno if you have one. Install the map then have another dyno run. Theres a lot of micky mouse companies who will make a mess of your car. Dreamer is about 4 hrs away from aberdeen. Still a long drive
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Friday 9th May 2014)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don kalmar union View Post
    As has been previously mentioned I can provide a genuine Swedish written MTE map for your car which you install yourself using MTE's unique Softloader device as an interface between your car's OPBD port and an XP or Window's 7 (32 bit) equipped laptop.

Presently I charge £395 including VAT for MTE's calibrations that will give you outputs of 335bhp with 480nm of torque. You pay a fully returnable deposit of £155 for the loan of the Softloader interface.

If you check here on the site of IPD, MTE's North American distributor you will find some informative videos on their Softloader system: http://www.ipdusa.com/products/4669/...ent-flash-tune

Please call me on 01494 785508 if I can cover any other points...... or email me... don@kalmar-union.com

Regards, Don.
    Is there just the one MTE map for the S60R?

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Is there just the one MTE map for the S60R?
    apart from custom ones obviously, I think there is at least a stage 1 & 2 available and a stage 3 in development

http://www.mte.se/default.asp?mP=1aGr=chLang&nId=15

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...hread-6-7-2012
    Last edited by jamesy12345; Friday 9th May 2014 at 11:41. Reason: sorry messed it up

looking to get MTE Map
    Thanks
    Don already has a stage 3 Map available as I have an email from him back in September last year with details of cost etc at that particular time.
    Ex Police V70 T5 SE now scrapped.
    Daily driver V60 D3 R-design

2004 C70 2.4T GT, modifications front strut brace, 19" Peg reps with white lettered tires.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to expolicev70t5 For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Friday 9th May 2014)

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Yeah it was it then, the passenger indicator wasn't sitting right.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi chaps,

I have a Windows 7 or 8 softloader, which there is no charge for, you can use with a DiCE unit and it will let you load stock and tuned maps whenever you want using a laptop, it also works for other cars if you happen to have other vehicles of this extraordinary marque.
    Last edited by Santa; Friday 9th May 2014 at 20:10. Reason: We allow the "right to reply" but post over promoted. Post shortened.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dream3r For This Useful Post:

Craigtange (Sunday 11th May 2014),expolicev70t5 (Friday 9th May 2014),stribo (Friday 9th May 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    You've left the only bit that I think could be possibly construed as 'promotion', it's worse in that context, imo.

I'm not complaining, just making an observation.

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    You've left the only bit that I think could be possibly construed as 'promotion', it's worse in that context, imo.

I'm not complaining, just making an observation.
    As I said, I allowed "Right of reply" (as a friendly courtesy in this instance) and I felt that bit answered something. The rest was merely product comparison and read a pure promotion. (To me at least).
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

Dream3r (Friday 9th May 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    That Stage 3 is a joke, honestly, it's been coming for at least six years now.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
    apart from custom ones obviously, I think there is at least a stage 1 & 2 available and a stage 3 in development

http://www.mte.se/default.asp?mP=1aGr=chLang&nId=15

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...hread-6-7-2012

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    That Stage 3 is a joke, honestly, it's been coming for at least six years now.
    looks like a looong story tbh with the time taken and the probable cost, I would rather and come up with myself piece by piece rather getting a kit of bolt on parts for a few (several) grand. Lots of people will be able to buy the same...seems a bit impersonal and takes the fun out of modding IMO

Very interested in your freeware datalogging, Dream3r

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
    looks like a looong story tbh with the time taken and the probable cost, I would rather and come up with myself piece by piece rather getting a kit of bolt on parts for a few (several) grand. Lots of people will be able to buy the same...seems a bit impersonal and takes the fun out of modding IMO

Very interested in your freeware datalogging, Dream3r
    I've followed it for a few years, it seems that they're trying too hard imo, but I do understand their ethos/logic behind it (Factory fit). They only seem to have one turbo in existence as well, which, hmm, would you want a custom made turbo or infinitely serviceable TD05 one for example?

About the logger - cool, feel free to improve/develop it, sadly no-one seems interested. I was kind of hoping it would stir up some enthusiast type development.

https://bitbucket.org/dream3R/volvo-chipkit/

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Dream3r For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Saturday 10th May 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'v never seen it in Peterhead,must be hidden somewhere .The only one I ever see stays at Mintlaw station.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    I've followed it for a few years, it seems that they're trying too hard imo, but I do understand their ethos/logic behind it (Factory fit). They only seem to have one turbo in existence as well, which, hmm, would you want a custom made turbo or infinitely serviceable TD05 one for example?

About the logger - cool, feel free to improve/develop it, sadly no-one seems interested. I was kind of hoping it would stir up some enthusiast type development.

https://bitbucket.org/dream3R/volvo-chipkit/
    Good point about the bespoke turbo, never thought of that. Develop the logger....where's my picture of the WTF cat and Rubik's cube...

I remember doing some programming for NC oxyacetylene cutting machines a while ago, way back in the 90's , and just recently taught myself Basic (QB64) to finish a uni course.....the boffins at Liverpool John Moore Uni wouldn't accept Excel

Thanks for the link, I'll try and get my head around it!!

Yay....it's fixed
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    I'v never seen it in Peterhead,must be hidden somewhere .The only one I ever see stays at Mintlaw station.
    Yeah about a year back now, I am sure he still has it.

Thread Information