Join Today
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wiganer31 View Post
    ive got most of the bits i need, dont think im getting chips, what clutch setup you going for?
    the lost are of chips were only £60 delivered would be rude not to :p,
    erm proberbly ttv flywheel ££££ and t5 clutch, wasnt convinced by the diesel clutch idea and theres not much other options are there?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pwalker View Post
    the lost are of chips were only £60 delivered would be rude not to :p,
    erm proberbly ttv flywheel ££££ and t5 clutch, wasnt convinced by the diesel clutch idea and theres not much other options are there?

is that the guy off turbo bricks? i was supposet to be doing it on abit of a budget, ie just buying the bits i need but that's started going out the window so might end up getting some.

sweet, im going to use a dogdish fly wheel mainly because i already have it in my 360, hot sure what clutch im using yea as ive not really looked into it, im going to do some research and then go and run things by my mate as works at a clutch center and he is a drifter so he should be able to advise me well,
    what sort of power you going for?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wiganer31 View Post
    is that the guy off turbo bricks? i was supposet to be doing it on abit of a budget, ie just buying the bits i need but that's started going out the window so might end up getting some.

sweet, im going to use a dogdish fly wheel mainly because i already have it in my 360, hot sure what clutch im using yea as ive not really looked into it, im going to do some research and then go and run things by my mate as works at a clutch center and he is a drifter so he should be able to advise me well,
    what sort of power you going for?
    yeah thats him, i was pretty surprised at the price when i heard like, £60 delivered anywhere in the world.
    is it the dog dish type which allows you to run a t5 clutch? if so where can you find them?.

i only want 250 anthing over that and its a bonus, im building my skyline for bigger power so im not bothered about massive power, aslong as its got eneugh to drift comfortably

This user has no status

Thanks
    yeah thats him, i was pretty surprised at the price when i heard like, £60 delivered anywhere in the world.
    is it the dog dish type which allows you to run a t5 clutch? if so where can you find them?.

i only want 250 anthing over that and its a bonus, im building my skyline for bigger power so im not bothered about massive power, aslong as its got eneugh to drift comfortably

yea its not a bad price tbh, what rev limit did you go for?

not sure if you can run a t5 clutch really but i would imagine you could (dont take my word for it) you can run a diesel clutch on it and i ran a mix of 360 and 940 clutch parts in my 360 with a b230fk in it, so a few bits fit it, i really struggled to find one at the time but in the end got one from the local scrap yard from a 740 non turbo with the m46/m47 gearbox, i believe they were in 240 or 740 with a B200F or B230F and some 940's.

250 will be more than enough, will go well with a welder

This user has no status

Thanks
    The diff is already welded :p,
    Il just suck it up and by a ttv I think
    Erm 6800 I think it was, but up from standard but not too much

This user has no status

Thanks
    Not much but still an update,
    The drivers side wheel bearing wouldn't tighten up and realised there is a washer missing from the bearing, so having to source one of them
    Biggest part being that I have found some steering arms so that they do not need to be welded...

Mk3 vw Pasat tie rods, fit in nicely and have the extra length needed

The Pasat arm I tested was slightly bent off my brothers car so I obviously won't be using that iv ordered 2 more for £20 each also another Nissan tie rod end which I need which should all be ready to pick up tomorow. Hopefully if there are no more setbacks the front will be finished tomorow

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pwalker For This Useful Post:

jks (Thursday 15th January 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Bad news Volvo fans, ran into a problem,having bad Ackerman issues, major tow in when turning, doesn't look like it's as much of a bolt in job as first thaught, looking into ways we can sort it now, going to try mod some more standard nuckles and see if we have any success, but looks like this will no longer be an easy swap for everyone to use on the road

This user has no status

Thanks
    Haven't updated in a while, I ran into issues...I don't think it this will any longer be a simple part swap modification that anyone can do anymore, basically having Ackerman issues, got everything on and put the tie rods on and seemed fine turned it on full lock and whichever way you turn it the inside wheel goes to big lock and the outside is very shallow.

The problem I'm having.....

With the rack cantered wheels straight and tie rods on everything looks normal.

Right hand side turned to the left, has good lock it's actualy better than it looks on the picture, I think I took the picture at a **** angle but anyway...
    [IMG][/IMG]

This is the angle the left hand wheel is at the same time as the right pic above, has very little lock in comparison, the problem swaps sides when turning the opposite way
    [IMG][/IMG]

Or comparing the left side again to its inward lock....
    [IMG][/IMG]

Current objective....made little plates to try and figure out how the knuckles need to be modded for the right Ackerman.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Trader
    just volvos
    Thanks
    The reason for the problem is the Nissan has a rear mounted rack and the Volvo has a front mounted rack. This gives you a reverse akerman

This user has no status

Thanks
    Haven't updated in a while, front end is now on the ground and all bolted up just needs a propper alignment but can't do that until the cars m.o.t'd so that's this weeks task. Basically just need the back arches putting on and a few daft things like indicator bulbs etc. hopefully mot'd and tested out this week

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pwalker For This Useful Post:

claymore (Wednesday 14th January 2015),craigoodwood (Wednesday 14th January 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
    The reason for the problem is the Nissan has a rear mounted rack and the Volvo has a front mounted rack. This gives you a reverse akerman
    Yeah we've now sorted it...well hopefully..will officially find out when it's tested. Btw cheers for the back springs you supplied, seem spot on cheers

Våga Vägra 16V
    Thanks
    Looks Sweet!! what arches did You use?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    Haven't updated in a while, front end is now on the ground and all bolted up just needs a propper alignment but can't do that until the cars m.o.t'd so that's this weeks task. Basically just need the back arches putting on and a few daft things like indicator bulbs etc. hopefully mot'd and tested out this week

Am I the only one who thinks it looks crap, what is the point of doing this? What improvements does it make to the car? The back wheels look odd as well.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jks View Post
    Looks Sweet!! what arches did You use?
    they were just universal arches off eBay
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKESC70T5 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks it looks crap, what is the point of doing this? What improvements does it make to the car? The back wheels look odd as well.
    Your just not down with the kids these days haha nah it's a bold sort of style and a lot of people won't like it. Tbh most of it is purely for the look, The spacers are 50mm but tbh I'd need 25mm ones anuway to clear the brakes on the front which would still put the front wheels in the way of the arches. Other than for the look a wide track is beneficial for track use and helps minimise body roll...a useful benefit on these normally soggy cars haha
    I still need to chop the back up and put the arches on there aswell

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pwalker For This Useful Post:

jks (Thursday 15th January 2015),MIKESC70T5 (Thursday 15th January 2015)

T5 swapping

Thanks
    I like the flares... don't like the tyre/wheel combo

Would you please share the solution with us? I'm really interested
    945 T6 in progress

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nari View Post
    I like the flares... don't like the tyre/wheel combo

Would you please share the solution with us? I'm really interested
    the steering soloution? basically just the position of the tie rod end mounting point on the knuckle, we had to modify the knuckles so that the mounting point was as close the brake disk as we dared go to get the ackerman right (or somewhere near atleast haha)

My Car Will Never Be
    'Finished'
    Thanks
    I love this thing! Keep meaning to get some sneaky pictures of it when mine has been parked outside the unit (Green V70) Will try get some next time your down and i'm there..
    Will be good to see it on the road! Been sat there looking sorry for itself for the past few month

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKESC70T5 View Post
    I think when its finished it will look awesome. Its very similar to my brother's project - different car mind.

Anyway, the point - is to be able to do this! (I hope to see this Volvo going sideways very soon! - just need to do a bit of tinkering with the diff).

Shame this pic is before his arches went on
    Last edited by evo230; Wednesday 21st January 2015 at 09:44.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evo230 View Post
    I think when its finished it will look awesome. Its very similar to my brother's project - different car mind.

Anyway, the point - is to be able to do this! (I hope to see this Volvo going sideways very soon! - just need to do a bit of tinkering with the diff).

Shame this pic is before his arches went on
    Someone's nicked his bonnet.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Someone's nicked his bonnet.
    haha, it just gets in the way!

Thread Information