Join Today
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    [QUOTE=foammanmark;708550]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybusamini View Post

That's basically where I am now. There were other money matters at the end of March, so Gul ran out of MOT and was garaged. I planned on the bodywork for next year, to spread the expenditure, but I don't know if I could bring myself to pay that much. The amount you paid was enough and you got a cracking job.
    good luck in wat ever u decide to do mate like I said it will make u proud if u decided to do it up?

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    You know my thoughts mark ide sell the other two and pump some money into the gul tbh there isn't many of these left at all especially in manual just look at Simons gul that he had that was manual and in really good nick which he sold for just shy of 5k so tbh I doubt you will be able to replace yours with a better one as I don't think there are too many good one's and the people who do have good ones just don't sell them well apart from Simon but I think he's crackers when it comes to car's lol.
    ide say for around 4k you could have the respray done a lower mileage engine and in really good nick.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    You know my thoughts mark ide sell the other two and pump some money into the gul tbh there isn't many of these left at all especially in manual just look at Simons gul that he had that was manual and in really good nick which he sold for just shy of 5k so tbh I doubt you will be able to replace yours with a better one as I don't think there are too many good one's and the people who do have good ones just don't sell them well apart from Simon but I think he's crackers when it comes to car's lol.
    ide say for around 4k you could have the respray done a lower mileage engine and in really good nick.
    Shhh, you mean £500 don't you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

t5 pete (Saturday 3rd May 2014)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by no1tosh View Post
    dam i must have the slowest car on the forum
    No, thats either me or martins toyota starlet.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    As it's got big miles just use it and enjoy it as a daily, get shot of the queers car lol

T5 powered and retro
    Thanks
    If I buy it, Pete can sort it out when he's done his and we can be like twins

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by munster732 View Post
    If I buy it, Pete can sort it out when he's done his and we can be like twins
    The very scary thing is I actually know you would do it and want to

T5 powered and retro
    Thanks
    Mark, when I bought the Gul that Pete now has, I was so exited but once we put it on the ramp and saw the extent of the work involved I knew it was too much on both practical skills and cash fronts. I could have broke it and got more in bits, but the big lad asked and a deal was done to save it. If you want it done properly then its gonna cost, but would be worth it in the end as its a rare car. If you cant justify the expense to get it where you want it, then sell it and let someone else have a crack.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Mark, when I bought the Gul that Pete now has, I was so exited but once we put it on the ramp and saw the extent of the work involved I knew it was too much on both practical skills and cash fronts. I could have broke it and got more in bits, but the big lad asked and a deal was done to save it. If you want it done properly then its gonna cost, but would be worth it in the end as its a rare car. If you cant justify the expense to get it where you want it, then sell it and let someone else have a crack.
    Oy douche bag it didn't go on the ramp till I bought it I want a refund remember folks try before you buy or at least look at what your buying.
    One thing tho mark for god sake don't break it

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    You can't break my old car! Lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Break it, the less there are the more the survivors could be worth...mines has 250000 on it too!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    I would sell my s60 d5 to buy another 850

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the-man-that-can View Post
    You can't break my old car! Lol
    Absolute last resort to break her. Get her MOT'd, and then take it from there has to be the plan. I would only sell her with a 12 month ticket.

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Banana View Post
    Break it, the less there are the more the survivors could be worth...mines has 250000 on it too!!
    But for the age of them, 250k is only around the average mileage. These cars are 20 years old soon, and mine was registered 1/8/95, so is on an N plate.

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    I suppose it all depends on how much you want for her Mark, would be a real shame to break this one.
    Never broken a car Graham, and never really want to tbh. I was the guy rescuing cars from death row a couple of year's ago. My indy and me will give her a thorough check over when she goes in for the MOT, and take it from there.

This status has no user
    Thanks
    If it's got the self diagnostics under the bonnet and original ecu, you can use that to find out the true mileage

Current Chariots...
    Micra K11 'project sh*tbox'
    V70 D5 daily
    1991 Transit Recovery

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cherry1809 View Post
    If it's got the self diagnostics under the bonnet and original ecu, you can use that to find out the true mileage
    I didn't know that, but thanks for the tip. As far as I know, it's the original ecu, and she has the self diagnostics under the bonnet. She was stuck on 237,411 for several years looking at the Vosa MOT check thingy, but is now on 160k with the new clocks. All I do know, is she drives very well, uses a bit of oil as to be expected, but has never let me down.

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    As it's got big miles just use it and enjoy it as a daily, get shot of the queers car lol
    Which one- the C70 or the 156, or both? Lol

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    I would have felt the same as you Wayne after inspecting Pete's(your car at the time) car, but what he has done to it already is amazing, and I think we all look forward to the finished result.

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    The car that got me thinking is on the bay for 2k, but I don't know how good the car is, and it's been stood and now out of MOT. The engine on mine seems fine, and is rumoured to have had a partial engine rebuild, but I don't have proof of that. I'm not sure about the clutch/gearbox, as when I set off in a spirited manner, I struggle to avoid crunching between 1st and 2nd.

Thread Information