Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    No. It's one map, one car, one VIN.
    Well its one map at a time (well two, standard and modified) but you can plug the isoftloader into your PC and change the modified map to a different one (if available/pre-purchased) and then change the map on your car.
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Tuesday 29th April 2014)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Well its one map at a time (well two, standard and modified) but you can plug the isoftloader into your PC and change the modified map to a different one (if available/pre-purchased) and then change the map on your car.
    The RICA softloader thing must be something similar. Stage 3 sounds nice......shimmed liners anyone?

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...hread-6-7-2012

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
    The RICA softloader thing must be something similar. Stage 3 sounds nice......shimmed liners anyone?

Because thats the device I was talking about

For my next comment I will be hugging a solid wood coffee table.......................not everyone end up with an issue with liners
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Because thats the device I was talking about

For my next comment I will be hugging a solid wood coffee table.......................not everyone end up with an issue with liners
    aa gotcha I was a few posts behind on the STS unit. RICA are going for over 400 brake, still in development I think

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Well, after a weekend where we covered nearly 350 miles to Plymouth and back, I can't think of a better car to have. The route we did (M3, A303, A30, M5, A38) really gave the R a chance to stretch its legs, and even in torrential rain, was surefooted doing decent speeds. We got there feeling fresh a a daisy, and even though on the return trip we were feeling rough from the night before, it was still an easy trip to make, just put the suspension in comfort mode, and wafted back. I can't speak of the R highly enough, O.K. it costs a bit more to service, as we get the angle gear checked at the same time, but for a mile muncher, you can't go wrong, and if you want a play around the twisties, push the sport button, and it'll do that too. I know people bang on about split liners, failed angle gears, and expensive suspension ( as has been highlighted in another thread) but for the extra it costs us over a T5, I'd take an R every time. As quick as a T5 may be, it's a compromise, which the R isn't. Oh and the highlight of my drive back was getting 2 fingers off a driver of a Merc 250 CDi, who had to pull over and let us pass, when he realised he couldn't go fast enough to keep us behind.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Wednesday 30th April 2014),LiamT4 (Tuesday 29th April 2014)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Well, after a weekend where we covered nearly 350 miles to Plymouth and back, I can't think of a better car to have. The route we did (M3, A303, A30, M5, A38) really gave the R a chance to stretch its legs, and even in torrential rain, was surefooted doing decent speeds. We got there feeling fresh a a daisy, and even though on the return trip we were feeling rough from the night before, it was still an easy trip to make, just put the suspension in comfort mode, and wafted back. I can't speak of the R highly enough, O.K. it costs a bit more to service, as we get the angle gear checked at the same time, but for a mile muncher, you can't go wrong, and if you want a play around the twisties, push the sport button, and it'll do that too. I know people bang on about split liners, failed angle gears, and expensive suspension ( as has been highlighted in another thread) but for the extra it costs us over a T5, I'd take an R every time. As quick as a T5 may be, it's a compromise, which the R isn't. Oh and the highlight of my drive back was getting 2 fingers off a driver of a Merc 250 CDi, who had to pull over and let us pass, when he realised he couldn't go fast enough to keep us behind.
    Wow, a merc 250cdi, woop, woop

(I wish my car was as fast as merc 250cdi lol)
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Oh and the highlight of my drive back was getting 2 fingers off a driver of a Merc 250 CDi, who had to pull over and let us pass, when he realised he couldn't go fast enough to keep us behind. [/QUOTE]

Maybe he had short feet and couldnt push the pedal.all the way down
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

10. The Following User Says Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

LiamT4 (Tuesday 29th April 2014)

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    pmsl!!
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    Wow, a merc 250cdi, woop, woop

(I wish my car was as fast as merc 250cdi lol)
    I bet you do, but your car is about as fast as continental drift. I'm not saying I'm pleased my car was quicker than a 250 CDi, but the frustration the Merc driver felt, when he got wasted by what he thought was a common or garden Volvo.
    BTW Liam, interesting to note that you couldn't comment on how good the R was.

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    Oh and the highlight of my drive back was getting 2 fingers off a driver of a Merc 250 CDi, who had to pull over and let us pass, when he realised he couldn't go fast enough to keep us behind.

I bet he had a longer big toe than you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Tuesday 29th April 2014)

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    I bet you do, but your car is about as fast as continental drift. I'm not saying I'm pleased my car was quicker than a 250 CDi, but the frustration the Merc driver felt, when he got wasted by what he thought was a common or garden Volvo.
    BTW Liam, interesting to note that you couldn't comment on how good the R was.
    Why is it interesting? I haven't owned an s60r so i can't give an informed opinion on what they are like, good or bad.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Tuesday 29th April 2014)

happy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKESC70T5 View Post
    My point was your not comparing two like for like cars in my opinion. I'm sure any car magazine etc that had a group test wouldn't put a v70r up against RS4.
    Why not just say that then ;-)
    Old Cars: Mazda6, Laguna 2.2, S40 T4, Passat 1.8t, Celica GT4, Legacy GTB, Golf VR6, S70 2.5t, C70 T5
    Current Car:850t5

18. The Following User Says Thank You to shepbomb For This Useful Post:

T5frankie (Wednesday 30th April 2014)

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    It's an AWD thing. Due to the limitations on the transfer box (Angle gear).
    if you try to 'front end in first' you'll not get in. Forget it. When parking it's arse end first, then you'll always get in. You get used to it.
    So the s60r has a worse turning circle than a normal s60? I didn't think it could get any worse

On the question of the box, i have read that the 6spd auto is a much better gearbox, more reliable and more responsive.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Wednesday 30th April 2014)

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Why is it interesting? I haven't owned an s60r so i can't give an informed opinion on what they are like, good or bad.
    I didn't want an informed opinion, I have one already, but out of all I wrote about how good the R was, all you could come up with was how I'd beaten a low powered Merc.

will it never end?
    Thanks
    So the s60r has a worse turning circle than a normal s60? I didn't think it could get any worse

On the question of the box, i have read that the 6spd auto is a much better gearbox, more reliable and more responsive.
    The R turning circle is laughable, but you get used to 5 point turns to get into parking spaces, you never get to like it though.

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    I didn't want an informed opinion, I have one already, but out of all I wrote about how good the R was, all you could come up with was how I'd beaten a low powered Merc.
    Yes, thats right, i was taking the p*ss. I also took the p*ss out of my own car in the same post. Thats what i was doing, having a laugh and a joke.

I like the s60r, its a great car for the money. I would like one if it wasn't for the sh*te 5spd auto spoiling the car, and unfortunatly the 6spds are worth quite a bit more, where there are a couple of other cars i'd prefer for the price (not that i can afford one anymore lol).

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Tuesday 29th April 2014),stribo (Tuesday 29th April 2014)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Photies!

Attachment 24845

Attachment 24846

Attachment 24847

Attachment 24848

Attachment 24849

Attachment 24850

Attachment 24851

Attachment 24852

are you all sure that's not Mr Winton's Ball Bag Orange? Looks like it to me...I mean how I imagine it....
    Last edited by jamesy12345; Wednesday 30th April 2014 at 13:44.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
    aa gotcha I was a few posts behind on the STS unit. RICA are going for over 400 brake, still in development I think
    obviously I had more than a few shandies last night, the above post was supposed to come with the link below.....

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Yep, that's Lional Blair's nutsack alright!

Looks nice, steering wheel's on the wrong side though so I'd use that as a haggling tool!

Get that leather fed too, looks like it's cracking like mad... Must be the heat in *insert name of country here*

Steve

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Doingitsideways For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Wednesday 30th April 2014)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doingitsideways View Post
    Yep, that's Lional Blair's nutsack alright!

Looks nice, steering wheel's on the wrong side though so I'd use that as a haggling tool!

Get that leather fed too, looks like it's cracking like mad... Must be the heat in *insert name of country here*

Steve
    Very observant, fella saying nowt til the papers are signed!

Poetry falcon is from Walter Mitty - cracking film

30. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

Doingitsideways (Wednesday 30th April 2014)

Thread Information