Join Today
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    You wouldnt beleve what i have in the corner of my garage. Shipping isnt a issue either
    hehe nice one, was wondering if you'd got rid of all the bits.....pm'd

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Brief update....verdict from Volvo is a warped head, although they haven't removed it yet, assume they are basing that on the cars history...

Wheel alignment already done and regarding the coolant leak we have fixed one of the hose and there is no leaking after the road test. But still this car having a problem with cylinder head warping which might lose your coolant in long period of drive.

For fix that we need to open the Cylinder head. But as I know the history about the car I can even give you the minimum cost for the job without opening the cylinder head.
    We need to replace the cylinder head assembly minimum am sure and the engine block only I can confirm once it is opened.

Is there any way you to come down to workshop for discussing these for the further steps? Meanwhile I will get the minimum approximately cost for the job.

Not sure what all of that means, money is the general idea

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Did they say why the head was off 25,000km ago?
    I assume that it was a dealer that had the head off? If thats the case, they will be able to confirm for you if they had the cylinder head skimmed? If not, then I suppose the best course of action is to remove head, shim liners and refit. I've never heard of a 2.5 head warping! This could only be confirmed using a dti anyway.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Did they say why the head was off 25,000km ago?
    I assume that it was a dealer that had the head off? If thats the case, they will be able to confirm for you if they had the cylinder head skimmed? If not, then I suppose the best course of action is to remove head, shim liners and refit. I've never heard of a 2.5 head warping! This could only be confirmed using a dti anyway.
    Yes, Lee, it was the dealer who previously removed the head. I had no idea before taking it but asked about the history of the car since it is the only Volvo dealer in the country AFAIK

They haven't given me a clear answer on why the head was off or how long is their warranty period on work like this (if any )....they didn't say skimming but they did say polishing.......semantics maybe. I know what the next step is - if they don't supply a new head any work done will be at my own risk regardless of using a DTI. I have no wish to increase the comp ratio due to a possibly twice skimmed head!

I don't mind getting the work done if I find the parts, but I haven't been able to find a shipping company who will move the car back to UK

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Forgot to update this.....sold the car as I am out of work at the mo

Thread Information