Join Today

Thread: Got it :)

Threaded View

arbee
    This user has no status

Got it :) Edit - now with pics!

Well, picked up chuffed as chuffed - pictures will have to wait tho, (was very rushed to get to work) what a tease eh?

A couple of things I have 'discovered'...
    When I looked at it I asked if he'd ever had problems with any of the warning lights - He, very honestly(?), said that he'd seen the ABS/Tracs light a couple of times but never had it checked out. It never even flicked during the lenghty test drive so I didnt worry. Didn't stop it coming on on the way home tho - oh well! I restarted the ignition and it never came on again, I dont think that will be the last I'll see of it!

Secondly, I think the master brake cylinder (or servo?) is knackered, sitting in traffic using the brake frequently, the system could not keep up and the pedel went very hard with no power - like you get when you try to use the brake without the engine running. Its ok on a run but at slow speeds where you are on/off its not much short of dangerous! I think that is priority number 1! could this be linked to the ABS/tracs light, I'm, thinking probably not?

Still, the noise and grunt it makes is worth its faults, I got a good price on the car IMO so as long as its salvagable without hideous expense (i'm touching wood....) i'll be a happy bunny. Pics this eveniing when i'm home again - will be dark tho!
    EDIT:
    Some quick phone camera pics in the dark, not the best quality...
    Front end...

Rear end (oo er)...

classic volvo lines...

some areas needing attention, give me a clue on the metal bits lol
    a bit leaky...

a fair bit more leaky...

This looks way worse than it is, no cracks to the bumper, just paint
    Last edited by arbee; Tuesday 8th November 2005 at 21:10.

Thread Information