Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by partsforvolvos.com View Post
    time for me to blackmail u again with your secret then martin ...........
    That would largely depend on what you're after Jamie
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Pmsl funny vid , and hooowwww much 732 , sod that stay the way it is ,

My mobile office ,

Trader
    Ready for the weekend
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    That would largely depend on what you're after Jamie
    not a lot, just cant believe nobody else got it !

I like cars, lots and lots of
    cars.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrt5 View Post
    With further to this problem ?? Is my car safe to drive then with with fault popping up every low and again ? Also sometimes the speedo stops working too ? I presume it's electronic not cable ??
    Well when I stamp on the brakes while experiencing Christmas Tree Dash - the brakes work as they normally would, so it seems there's sod all wrong other than the display being a dick and on it's way out.

MRP - what kind of money was he charging for a repair? At this rate I'm gonna be binning the Volvo and sticking to the bike :/

Trader
    Ready for the weekend
    Thanks
    this would be normal owen as the brakes have a standard hydraulic system, in conjunction with an electric assistance system.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

Owengsi (Wednesday 9th April 2014)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Before you go ripping yer dash out I would get it properly diagnosed by a dealer, as so far all you've done is read the codes with a generic code reader (which on a P2 is only going to point you in the rough direction as apposed to actually telling you whats wrong).
    No disrespect to Martin (as I know he's had first hand experience with a faulty DIM) but he can't diagnose your fault over the internet, only surmise. Ultimately it probably is your DIM failing, but it's better to have this type of fault properly diagnosed first, due to the very high costs involved, apart from the fact it will need Volvo's VIDA to reprogram a new DIM to your car.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Saturday 12th April 2014)

cars.
    Thanks
    Bloody cars eh?!

Quite narked, will probably just sell her lol - what sort of money is a 2000 T5 with average miles worth anyhow?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Owengsi View Post
    Bloody cars eh?!

Quite narked, will probably just sell her lol - what sort of money is a 2000 T5 with average miles worth anyhow?
    Before giving up, it's worth a trip to the Main dealer, at least for diagnosis. Then you can make a more 'informed' decision.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Owengsi View Post
    Bloody cars eh?!

Not a lot with a faulty DIM.

cars.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Before giving up, it's worth a trip to the Main dealer, at least for diagnosis. Then you can make a more 'informed' decision.
    It'll have to wait, funds are tight now my bike is broken too lol - WHY did I ever sell my 850?!

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Before you go ripping yer dash out I would get it properly diagnosed by a dealer, as so far all you've done is read the codes with a generic code reader (which on a P2 is only going to point you in the rough direction as apposed to actually telling you whats wrong).
    No disrespect to Martin (as I know he's had first hand experience with a faulty DIM) but he can't diagnose your fault over the internet, only surmise. Ultimately it probably is your DIM failing, but it's better to have this type of fault properly diagnosed first, due to the very high costs involved, apart from the fact it will need Volvo's VIDA to reprogram a new DIM to your car.
    I know it was doing this on and off while P.A. had the car and they sent the DIM off for repair, only to get it back with no change. I'm wondering if it's a fault with the CEM or CEM loom. I totally agree that getting a proper diagnosis would be the best course of action.

Alternatively, prey that the DIM behaves long enough to palm the car off to a dealer.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Thread Information