Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Volvo S60R

This user has no status
    Thanks

Volvo S60R

Hi Folks,
    Just got round to taking a couple of Pics of the S60 R after some requests for pics.
    So far so good i have had the car of 1 month, put 3k on the clock unfortunately its the standard R with
    Sat Nav, Phone, Heated Seats, would have liked Sunroof and reversing sensors but hey ho

Name:  IMG_20140404_134213.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  1.29 MBName:  IMG_20140404_134242.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  735.3 KB

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    nice looking motor. ive go the sunroof on mine but never use it. reversing sensors are handy though
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Very nice, ours has reversing sensors, but no Sat Nav or phone, but then it's got the best coloured interior as well.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Very nice, ours has reversing sensors, but no Sat Nav or phone, but then it's got the best coloured interior as well.
    poverty spec, ive got both and a much better colour interior. no one like ginger
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Volvo dealers charge 500 for sensors and to fit them.
    Thanks
    Martyn

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    poverty spec, ive got both and a much better colour interior. no one like ginger
    Sat nav's rubbish, and you can't use the micro sim cards in the phone, as for poverty spec, where's your 4C?

looking to get MTE Map
    Thanks
    Looks very nice!
    Ex Police V70 T5 SE now scrapped.
    Daily driver V60 D3 R-design

2004 C70 2.4T GT, modifications front strut brace, 19" Peg reps with white lettered tires.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Sat nav's rubbish, and you can't use the micro sim cards in the phone, as for poverty spec, where's your 4C?
    Thought you had a fridge in yours

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    4-c is the one extra i wouldnt want to much hassle with updates ans silly money when they go wrong. Wouldnt of minded xenons though

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Very nice,Magic Blue nice .3K in a month I didn't do that in 3 years in mine !.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks for replies, SAT NAV not the best but it does the Job, to be honest i think the top of the range Tom Toms are the best, just hard wire in the cable, which i may do. Over the last 3 years I have had beemers and mercs, have found the command system in the mercs the best, but it does the job. In Feb wrote the last beemer off in the floods sniff of water in the engine and engine blew up, so needed a car fast, i did have a T5 10 years ago and always fancied an R a bit of heart ruling the head moment i think!. Although its mileage has been about 7k (its only got 50k on it now) each year for the last couple of years from the only owner, i will doing 30k approx albeit motorway mileage. I bought a sim for the phone, pay as you go and then just do call transfer from my blackberry when on the road, but i have priced up a new parrot kit for it. There is no easy way in terms of running a car and the mileage i do, i have paid paid 500+ per month for brand new cars, only to hand them back with negative equity, if this car stays half reliable given if have no finance on it, i can put some money away for the major gremlins you tend to hear about on these forums. I do love the Volvo actually and am very pleased with it after a month or so of ownership, comfortable, fast and exclusive, from my home town in Brighton next week i have trips to Wakefield, Southampton and Bristol, and i cannot think of a better car to do the some 700+ miles i will have to do next week.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks Harvey, yes poor car, will do close to 1000 next week

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Sensors may be something to think about, need to think about cam belt changes asap, and i think i may have some bushes etc to think about as well, got a quote from a garage on here in surrey and seemed very reasonable for maintenance

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryW View Post
    Thanks for replies, SAT NAV not the best but it does the Job, to be honest i think the top of the range Tom Toms are the best, just hard wire in the cable, which i may do. Over the last 3 years I have had beemers and mercs, have found the command system in the mercs the best, but it does the job. In Feb wrote the last beemer off in the floods sniff of water in the engine and engine blew up, so needed a car fast, i did have a T5 10 years ago and always fancied an R a bit of heart ruling the head moment i think!. Although its mileage has been about 7k (its only got 50k on it now) each year for the last couple of years from the only owner, i will doing 30k approx albeit motorway mileage. I bought a sim for the phone, pay as you go and then just do call transfer from my blackberry when on the road, but i have priced up a new parrot kit for it. There is no easy way in terms of running a car and the mileage i do, i have paid paid 500+ per month for brand new cars, only to hand them back with negative equity, if this car stays half reliable given if have no finance on it, i can put some money away for the major gremlins you tend to hear about on these forums. I do love the Volvo actually and am very pleased with it after a month or so of ownership, comfortable, fast and exclusive, from my home town in Brighton next week i have trips to Wakefield, Southampton and Bristol, and i cannot think of a better car to do the some 700+ miles i will have to do next week.
    Ours came with a Nokia hands free kit wired through the stereo, it even reads out text messages.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    You could fit a imiv box of tricks but you would needs a apple device to get the best out of it.

The reverse camera set up works very well and very easy to fit.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    thats brilliant!!!, will have to check that out the reversing camera, parrot kit to fit with iPod connectivity will cost £500, so may pass this up.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks
    thats brilliant!!!, will have to check that out the reversing camera, parrot kit to fit with iPod connectivity will cost £500, so may pass this up.
    £500.???

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Hi Folks,
    Just got round to taking a couple of Pics of the S60 R after some requests for pics.
    So far so good i have had the car of 1 month, put 3k on the clock unfortunately its the standard R with
    Sat Nav, Phone, Heated Seats, would have liked Sunroof and reversing sensors but hey ho
    Hi Terry, great looking car in rare dark blue! Nice.
    As for your quote m8, there's no such thing as a standard R. Sat NAV, Phone, sunroof and reverse sensors are ALL optional extras. Heated seats are standard across the range.
    As your car has the Phone and SAT NAV then it has the 'comms pack'. Do you have child booster seats in the rear that pop up and the center seat converts into a table with two cupholders....if so, then you also have the 'Family pack'.

Here's the rear of mine....

So your car isn't the standard version mate.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

will it never end?
    Thanks
    And the Atacama interior was a £1,200 option.

Thread Information