Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Volvo S60R

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    And the Atacama interior was a £1,200 option.
    You have to pay for that !

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to V70 Graham For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Monday 7th April 2014),M-R-P (Tuesday 15th April 2014),T5RatherAmusin (Sunday 6th April 2014)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    No, ours came with the car.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Mine has the just the Comms Pack, I haven't the family pack, so although the Comms pack it is a little outdated bearing in mind i have had similiar, in the newer mercs and beemers, it actually works pretty well, although there are many criticisms of the system, if it gets me to my clients which i am visiting up and down the country then its good with me. Yes i like the color in blue, but to be honest S60 or V70 Rs appear to be very rear i have only seen one R recently when i was in Rugby a V70R in a travel lodge i was staying at a couple of week back, just done a 500 round trip to wakefield and bradford from brighton did not spot one, i will be portsmouth and bristol this week and probably won't spot one. On a slightly different, thought i had fixed cruise control problem with a new part, it decided not to work this week, i guess there must be a fuse somewhere or can you reset error codes to make it work??

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryW View Post
    Mine has the just the Comms Pack, I haven't the family pack, so although the Comms pack it is a little outdated bearing in mind i have had similiar, in the newer mercs and beemers, it actually works pretty well, although there are many criticisms of the system, if it gets me to my clients which i am visiting up and down the country then its good with me. Yes i like the color in blue, but to be honest S60 or V70 Rs appear to be very rear i have only seen one R recently when i was in Rugby a V70R in a travel lodge i was staying at a couple of week back, just done a 500 round trip to wakefield and bradford from brighton did not spot one, i will be portsmouth and bristol this week and probably won't spot one. On a slightly different, thought i had fixed cruise control problem with a new part, it decided not to work this week, i guess there must be a fuse somewhere or can you reset error codes to make it work??
    Yes V70R/S60Rs are very rare. Do a search on auto trader and you'll only find 3 or 4 forsale at any given moment versus, hundreds of normal v70s and s60s.

Regards your cruise control, what part did you fit recently? Most common fault is the clutch switch.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Missing Open Top Volvo
    Motoring
    Thanks
    Nice car - the S60 looks so cool in the R design version - very tasty...very envious !!

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ianh007 View Post
    Nice car - the S60 looks so cool in the R design version - very tasty...very envious !!
    Lol r design. Thatll get the R lads bitting shortly.
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

8. The Following User Says Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Tuesday 15th April 2014)

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Must resist!
    Thanks
    Martyn

10. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Tuesday 15th April 2014)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ianh007 View Post
    I'm not biting, just politely educating.

S60R/V70R 2003 - 2007.

R-Design was Volvo's answer to 'Oh S***, we made a mistake canning the R models.....what shall we do?'
    ......I know, a few R decals here and there, some coloured stitching on the seats with 'R-Design' embossed into them, side skirts, front bumper and rear spoiler. We won't bother with the engine, they won't notice!

To clarify, R-Design is NOT what S60R/V70R aspire to, not even close.

Worst mistake Volvo ever made akaik. They're only just licking there wounds with the Polestar models. As far as development goes, just think where Volvo would be if they still continued the proper R models especially where V70/S60 models are concerned. Look at what Audi do to an A4 Avant for example - reborn the RS6!! Absolute monster of a car.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Tuesday 15th April 2014 at 22:44.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Tuesday 15th April 2014),M-R-P (Tuesday 15th April 2014),ROZER (Tuesday 15th April 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    I'm not biting, just politely educating.

S60R/V70R 2003 - 2007.

R-Design was Volvo's answer to 'Oh S***, we made a mistake canning the R models.....what shall we do?'
    ......I know, a few R decals here and there, some coloured stitching on the seats with 'R-Design' embossed into them, side skirts, from bumper and rear spoiler. We won't bother with the engine, they won't notice!

To clarify, R-Design is NOT what S60R/V70R aspire to, not even close.

Worst mistake Volvo ever made akaik. I only just licking there wounds with the Polestar models. As far as development goes, just think where Volvo would be if they still continued the proper R models especially where V70/S60 models are concerned. Look at what Audi do to an A4 Avant for example - reborn the RS6!! Absolute monster of a car.
    well said.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ROZER For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Tuesday 15th April 2014)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi Lee,
    It was the a new clutch switch, it all worked when i first fitted it a couple of weeks ago, but was on a trip up north and decided to use the cruise control and no joy, i remember when i first bought it the local volvo repair chap i use mentioned it had a code fault on cruise control just wondered if it needed resetting, can't believe Volvo clutch switch is faulty?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks for your replies on the Car, yes i am enjoying it, as mentioned before there are niggles with it but mainly wear and tear which i will iron out over the next year, unfortunately i don't think i will be able to keep it as pristine as the cars you guys have but i will do my best.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    ive also just bought a s60r. cruise dosnt work on this on either. to be honest though i prefer my t5. maybe cause its facelift i dont know and has a lot of the stuff missing that my t5 has
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    ive also just bought a s60r. cruise dosnt work on this on either. to be honest though i prefer my t5. maybe cause its facelift i dont know and has a lot of the stuff missing that my t5 has
    Getting boring now mate, what can I say, haters gonna hate.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Getting boring now mate, what can I say, haters gonna hate.

its not about hating. the car feels loose compared to my car. my car drives mint always has always will aslong as i own it. i now own both so i can compare wear as what have you got. a broken c70 and the mrs has a R. the seats are to small and i dont feel my carcus fits inbetween them making them dam uncomfortable. i was always a fan of the blue dials but they are poorly lit and look daft with the green lighting on the rest of the car. no sunroof, no reversing sensors, 4c i can take it or leave it. headlights are nice but for me thats it. no different to the t5. given the choice of two id go for t5 everytime. but thats just my opinion based on driving the two cars back to back.

will it never end?
    Thanks
    its not about hating. the car feels loose compared to my car. my car drives mint always has always will aslong as i own it. i now own both so i can compare wear as what have you got. a broken c70 and the mrs has a R. the seats are to small and i dont feel my carcus fits inbetween them making them dam uncomfortable. i was always a fan of the blue dials but they are poorly lit and look daft with the green lighting on the rest of the car. no sunroof, no reversing sensors, 4c i can take it or leave it. headlights are nice but for me thats it. no different to the t5. given the choice of two id go for t5 everytime. but thats just my opinion based on driving the two cars back to back.
    Oh you're really going to go there are you, yes my C70 is broken at the moment, it's a 16 year old car ffs, I expect it to have it's moments, but you know what I do, I fix it, or get it fixed. WE own the R, my wife drives it mostly because of 2 reasons (not that I should have to explain to you) 1 She ferries Charlie around, so it's much more practical than the C70, and 2 it's not a car I want to take onto building sites.
    You can't compare the R you have to what we have, because ours has been look after, that one (no disrespect to the previous owner) needs a lot of work doing to it. If you drove ours ( which you could have done at the RR fday in Uxbridge if you weren't still half cut) or Sharkey's then you'd know what a proper R drives like, until then, you'll always be a hater, because you settled for second best with your T5. If you were looking for a bite, you just got it, but until you drive a decent R you're talking out of your arse.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Theres only one guy half cut here. Its a car for christ sake. A piece of metal that one day will be crushed into a cube. I couldnt realy give a toss who has the bigger bragging rights. You realy must have a sense of humor loss if a bit banter winds you up this much. Both cars are volvos that a family cars. The only real difference between the two is the awd. Im realy disapointed in the way youd taken this. Having met you and your wife and taken some of the flak youve given out i realy thought you were man enough to have a bit of a laugh and carry on. But clearly not.

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Theres only one guy half cut here. Its a car for christ sake. A piece of metal that one day will be crushed into a cube. I couldnt realy give a toss who has the bigger bragging rights. You realy must have a sense of humor loss if a bit banter winds you up this much. Both cars are volvos that a family cars. The only real difference between the two is the awd. Im realy disapointed in the way youd taken this. Having met you and your wife and taken some of the flak youve given out i realy thought you were man enough to have a bit of a laugh and carry on. But clearly not.
    But it wasn't a bit of banter was it, it's you slagging off the R again, it just gets tedious after a while. If you want to talk about disappointed, then you should try paying for parts over two weeks before you see them.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    But it wasn't a bit of banter was it, it's you slagging off the R again, it just gets tedious after a while. If you want to talk about disappointed, then you should try paying for parts over two weeks before you see them.
    you should know by now graeme hates every other volvo apart from his own.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Thursday 17th April 2014)

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    i think a 850r drives nicer than a 850 t5 all day long, but having said that i prefer the look of a face lifted s60 t5 to a pre face lift s60r,

i havent driven either so cant comment on the drive. Although i think i would have the s60 t5 face lifted version as there's less to go wrong.

Saying that id have a s60r over a pre face s60 lol

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    I LOVE my R

Thread Information