Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Wink Auto or manual ?

Just a quickie lads I'm thinking about getting me a new vovlo v70
    I currently have a v70 t5 auto which is a dream to drive but shocking when I want to get power down lol
    Would u say get a manual box if I brought a new one or keep to the auto ?

Thanks rich

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    It's all down to personal choice, I'm a manual man

This user has no status

Thanks
    I do like the auto it's the first one I've ever had but in the rain it's shocking when I try get the power down !

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I bought manual as I'm using the car to tow , I'd be happy with an auto otherwise

My mobile office ,

This user has no status

Thanks
    I got a auto as I thought would just be easier to drive and one less cost of a clutch lol but now I'm thinking that cost is worth it lol

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    As already stated, its all down to personal choice.

I like both autos and manuals, TBH I feel more in control in a manual (plus they're a lot more economical), but the auto is a smooth option and is a great choice if you're more of a cruiser and commuter than a track car driver.

You say you're having difficulty getting the power down - due to wheelspin I presume? If thats the case I'd suggest looking at your tyres. I'm no Schumacher by any means but I don't hang about and I've never had any traction problems with my 850R or V70R - I swear by Uniroyal Rainsports. I currently have a set of RS3s on which are very good, but I think the RS2s were better - absolutely outstanding in fact. If you have an otherwise good car now, I'd stick with what you've got and fit some RS2s... I think you'll be impressed by the transformation.
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
    As already stated, its all down to personal choice.

I like both autos and manuals, TBH I feel more in control in a manual (plus they're a lot more economical), but the auto is a smooth option and is a great choice if you're more of a cruiser and commuter than a track car driver.

You say you're having difficulty getting the power down - due to wheelspin I presume? If thats the case I'd suggest looking at your tyres. I'm no Schumacher by any means but I don't hang about and I've never had any traction problems with my 850R or V70R - I swear by Uniroyal Rainsports. I currently have a set of RS3s on which are very good, but I think the RS2s were better - absolutely outstanding in fact. If you have an otherwise good car now, I'd stick with what you've got and fit some RS2s... I think you'll be impressed by the transformation.
    I will try them rs2s mate do u have a link where I could get some from for a nice price

I do drive fast to tell the truth I know I shouldn't but it's so easy when you have 250bhp under your foot lol I'm looking in to buying some guys 850 of here which in a manual , awesome looking car tbf as we'll

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Suspension also has alot of influence when it comes to traction, Since fitting coil over's on Blacky, coupled with Hankook v2's traction is loads Better. If you like to drive a car its got to be Manual, if you just like to cruise, then Auto.

250bhp and auto id be saying tyres and shocks could do with being looked at if your struggling to get traction. If you do decide to come and view Blacky and your used to your v70 250bhp (flywheel) i think you will be pleasantly surprised Blacky puts out more hp than that at the wheels.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Tbf mate I would be stupid not to buy blacky it's just what I need in my life lol think I will just swap or sell the v70 and get another one maybe a diesel one as it only does 15mpg lol it really could do with money spending on it (service , tryes and coilovers )

10. The Following User Says Thank You to V70t5 For This Useful Post:

merc85 (Wednesday 26th March 2014)

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Are auto's real cars.....

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    I'm starting to think that is true graham lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    lol! Nothing wrong with an auto! My auto R is good in all weather conditions now I have had new shocks, even when putting power down.

This user has no status

Thanks
    That's what a few people have said mate I think I need to get me some coilovers I think

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70t5 View Post
    I will try them rs2s mate do u have a link where I could get some from for a nice price

I do drive fast to tell the truth I know I shouldn't but it's so easy when you have 250bhp under your foot lol I'm looking in to buying some guys 850 of here which in a manual , awesome looking car tbf as we'll
    I've got my last few sets from camskills. Your 02 V70 prob has 205/55x16s, so - http://www.camskill.co.uk/m62b0s291p..._Noise%3A_71dB

£69 at mytyres - http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rsh...arch=1&Monart=

£75 at Halfords - http://www.halfordsautocentres.com/w...-1_categoryId_

Add around a tenner per wheel for fitting.

HTH
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

This user has no status

Thanks
    I have an S70 T5 Auto, I changed the front shocks, wishbones, top strut mounts and top mounts. Fitted a new set of Avon tyres and it transformed the car. Little to no wheelspin now.

Thread Information