Join Today
    Dare to be Different
    vinny is getting a
    revamp....be back soon
    Thanks

are 850's pre wired for electric rear windows

i want to upgrade my rear windows to electric winders so my question is...........are 850's pre wired for electric rear windows...............if not does anyone know if the electric rear window loom is a seperate part or does the whole rear loom need changing................or is it an easy job to wire in the rear window motors..................
    i have the console/switches/motors/door panels, in fact everything i need except wiring
    any help much appreciated
    "dare to be different"

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    I don't know but if you need any other interior bits let me know steve im stripping mine out

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

This user has no status

Thanks
    i know for a fact the rear doors do not have the wiring in as i'm doing a similar conversion with mine but using s70 parts, im not sure on the actual car side though, i would have thought they would be as they go through the side looms and the dash loom and it would be more expensive to make 2 different looms for just that, if anyone knows the wiring colours i have the full 850 loom bundled up in my garage and i could check. hope this helps

Dare to be Different
    vinny is getting a
    revamp....be back soon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingbrick View Post
    I don't know but if you need any other interior bits let me know steve im stripping mine out
    cheers lee..............gonna drop grill into mums on thursday on way home from hospital.............will drop off a colour swatch for you as well.............how far you got stripping yours.................do you need any help?..................speak soon

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    i know for a fact the rear doors do not have the wiring in as i'm doing a similar conversion with mine but using s70 parts, im not sure on the actual car side though, i would have thought they would be as they go through the side looms and the dash loom and it would be more expensive to make 2 different looms for just that, if anyone knows the wiring colours i have the full 850 loom bundled up in my garage and i could check. hope this helps
    doors not wired for sure as i have had to change door looms.....................it's the car loom i need to know about......................
    "dare to be different"

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    ive got as far as removing all seats except drivers lol ive taken delivery of replacement head but trying to get some carbide burrers so I can port it a tad what time you swinging in my dads Thursday mate ill see if I can get off work a bit early,unless your just passing through?? either way gissa shout

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

Dare to be Different
    vinny is getting a
    revamp....be back soon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingbrick View Post
    ive got as far as removing all seats except drivers lol ive taken delivery of replacement head but trying to get some carbide burrers so I can port it a tad what time you swinging in my dads Thursday mate ill see if I can get off work a bit early,unless your just passing through?? either way gissa shout
    probably be about 12/1 o'clock.............will call when leaving hospital
    "dare to be different"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to t5steve For This Useful Post:

theflyingbrick (Monday 24th March 2014)

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5steve View Post
    probably be about 12/1 o'clock.............will call when leaving hospital
    ahh I cant get away that early lol give a tinkle when your on your way mate,hope it goes well on Thursday and give my love to dawn x

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    You will have to swop the loom out for a electric window one and then swap all the manual stuff out for electric stuff easier if you can get some electric rears doors just plug and play

Dare to be Different
    vinny is getting a
    revamp....be back soon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    You will have to swop the loom out for a electric window one and then swap all the manual stuff out for electric stuff easier if you can get some electric rears doors just plug and play
    i have complete rear doors but they are wrong colour ...................i needed to know wether the wiring was in the car or not....................thanks for your answer it has helped...............many thanks
    "dare to be different"

Thread Information