I'm a long time lurker on VPCUK, but finally decided to join.
My volvo journey started with a 97 854 t5 in 2006. Loved that car, did many things with it, but in 2013 got tired of the FWDness and bought a super cheap 2.5 manual 960 and put the 850's engine in it.
Short list of the 850:
-the original 2.0 T5 gave up, so a 2.3 went in with NA cams
-customized RICA tune
-projector retrofitted headlights
Custom gauge pod. Unfortunately never finished it.
And the last picture... still feeling sorry for this car..
Always loved the 960... not in stock form.. they look kinda dumb... R bumper and a set of wheels + lowering and it is a completely different car..
pics from the original AD:
There was a time when I had 2 running volvos at the same time
Which changed quickly to 1 running volvo.. this 2.5 straight 6 lump was slow and rather thirsty...
Dummy engine in the 960
Got to love the space you have in the 960
Still a lot to do. Wiring is a mess, intake pipe is a joke... the stock 850 pipe it is.
But it works and I'm having a lot of fun!
Borrowed 18" pegs. This car swallows 18" wheels and still have the full turning radius
Some lame attempt of a 3" sidepipe... I'm just too old for that...
than made it less obnoxious
So far the 960 mod list:
- T5 swap, 2.3 + NA cams, otherwise bone stock.
- resurfaced 850 clutch with kevlar
- custom intake manifold
- japanifold + custom 3" exhaust
- VEMS, self tuned. Custom made wiring harness.
This is where I keep the pics of the progress: http://s74.photobucket.com/user/hun_...?sort=3&page=1
And this is the full build thread on turbobricks: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showth...=277359&page=1
-try not to kill it... it runs at 1bar, kinda fast. Plan is to up it to 1.5.
- 850 D2 front coilovers (which is bolt-on, except the top mount), custom rear. Now I'm lowered on cut springs on the front, rear still has the stupid leaf spring setup. Have a mk1 IRS waiting to be swapped. Don't want to deal with the leafspring crap.
- XC90 330discs + brembo 4 pots @ front. Not sure about the rears.
- x70 front bumper... if you have one for sale, let me know. The trashiest, the better. I'm gonna cut it up anyway.. shipping to Hungary is not a big deal..
- modded 850 skirts
- s70 rear bumper "skirt" added to the 960 bumper
- do a projector retrofit
Oh, a welded diff is also waiting for the abuse.. currently it is open diffed lame, but fun in the rain. And does awesome 1 wheel drive smoke shows on corner exits.
Hope You liked it.